IGNORED

Nfl Thread

GodEmperor Palpatine

It is but I am guessing the logic is finish 32nd and get to draft first and have a few more picks along with it.. building for the future with the better talented rookies.

Steelers might be competition with them for the wooden spoon mind ;)

We've now got a rake of picks in the first 3 rounds,but the pressure was never bigger to use them wisely. Trent was THE man for 5/6 years and we've tossed him over for a first round punt. I just hope Indy don't win many from here on in,to get better value for that trade. As for the current season,what was it Private Fraser said?

We've now got a rake of picks in the first 3 rounds,but the pressure was never bigger to use them wisely. Trent was THE man for 5/6 years and we've tossed him over for a first round punt. I just hope Indy don't win many from here on in,to get better value for that trade. As for the current season,what was it Private Fraser said?

Huh? They only drafted Richardson last year!

Good luck with Indy tanking too; they're playoff bound this year I suspect.

Packers fan here and after several years....we finally have a running game to go with our quality passing game ( though the loss of Jennings will hurt a little) and should make the play offs, though as has already been stated, its one tough division.

I'm a big fan of the Packers as well. Aaron Rodgers is a class act.

If anyone wants to get involved in our fantasy football league this season go to nfluk.com and the league is called Bristol Division the password is bristol, all in lower case.

Anyone checked out the Fantasy League lately?

Week 7 I ranked 87th in total!!! Bloody hell!!

Come on boys, I need some competition here. ;)

Anyways, you can all witness my Cincinnati team this Sunday at Detroit.

I must admit I've been a little disappointed with our Offense in a lot of games so far this year.  Gio Bernard has been excellent, but AJ Green has been quiet, the tight ends haven't been used enough on quick slants and Dalton has struggled badly at times.  Saying that, we really should still win our division at a canter.

Surprises of the season so far - The Chiefs matching the Bronco's every step of the way in the AFC West.

Brady somehow leading the Pats to 5-1 despite not having ANY recognised receiving threat.

The Giants at 0-6.  Unbelievable.  But still in the divisional picture??!!

Anyone checked out the Fantasy League lately?

Week 7 I ranked 87th in total!!! Bloody hell!!

Come on boys, I need some competition here. ;)

Anyways, you can all witness my Cincinnati team this Sunday at Detroit.

I must admit I've been a little disappointed with our Offense in a lot of games so far this year.  Gio Bernard has been excellent, but AJ Green has been quiet, the tight ends haven't been used enough on quick slants and Dalton has struggled badly at times.  Saying that, we really should still win our division at a canter.

Surprises of the season so far - The Chiefs matching the Bronco's every step of the way in the AFC West.

Brady somehow leading the Pats to 5-1 despite not having ANY recognised receiving threat.

The Giants at 0-6.  Unbelievable.  But still in the divisional picture??!!

Is that the NFLUK game? I have 621 points atm. Everyone I pick seems to have a mediocre game, the next week I don't pick them they are awesome.. SODS law ;)

We've already beaten you this season and I genuinely think we'll clean sweep the AFC North this season after battering the Steelers as well but I hope you stuff the Lionesses. I still think we'll take the NFC North because finally, just finally our offense is looking awesome!! Our D which has been monster, has suffered ridiculous injuries but I genuinely think we'll goto Washington tomorrow and get the W to go 5-2 into the bye week. Then its the Cheeseheads on MNF the following week.

Surprise of the season for me, well 3 actually... How good the Titans are, how competitive the Chargers are and how dire the Texans have become.

Is that the NFLUK game? I have 621 points atm. Everyone I pick seems to have a mediocre game, the next week I don't pick them they are awesome.. SODS law  ;)

We've already beaten you this season and I genuinely think we'll clean sweep the AFC North this season after battering the Steelers as well but I hope you stuff the Lionesses. I still think we'll take the NFC North because finally, just finally our offense is looking awesome!! Our D which has been monster, has suffered ridiculous injuries but I genuinely think we'll goto Washington tomorrow and get the W to go 5-2 into the bye week. Then its the Cheeseheads on MNF the following week.

Surprise of the season for me, well 3 actually... How good the Titans are, how competitive the Chargers are and how dire the Texans have become.

Yep, the NFLUK game - did you join HoweyDucky's league?

Yeah Da Bears look like they should take the division.  Vikings have been awful, Lions will always be limited by Stafford's desire to throw 6 million passes in a season and the Packers have lost all of their receiving corps.  So you really should be taking that division.  Saying that, Cutler has always got a bad game in him and it's only a matter of time before Forte gets another injury.

Yep, the NFLUK game - did you join HoweyDucky's league?

Yeah Da Bears look like they should take the division.  Vikings have been awful, Lions will always be limited by Stafford's desire to throw 6 million passes in a season and the Packers have lost all of their receiving corps.  So you really should be taking that division.  Saying that, Cutler has always got a bad game in him and it's only a matter of time before Forte gets another injury.

If its under Bristol Division then I am under the moniker Bad News Bears pal.

Vikings are nothing without AP having a superb game, Christian Ponder really is just terrible and I was hoping they would keep faith in him but it looks like the powers that be have seen the light but again the Queens are nothing really without AP. Lionesses seem a better all rounded side this season, the acquisition of Reggie Bush has helped them a lot and with the Packers really stretched with injuries, the Lionesses will be our biggest threat. Regards with the Packers, think Rodgers is starting to lose his touch.. granted they are still winning but it wont happen much longer. Tbh Cutler, yes he has bad games time to time but he had his bad game against the Lionesses.. think his problem was that Lovie Smith was so defense orientated that the O-Line was poor. Trestman has come in and along with Emery have drafted well and signed well on the O-Line.. we may need another RB as class as Forte is, he is liable to injury and just don't think Micheal Bush can fill his shoes if needed.

Your division is interesting, I genuinely think the Bengals will win the division (always had a soft spot for them along with the Seahawks). Browns look much improved and Baltimore seem up and down. I will laugh if Pittsburgh finish bottom, hate them and their fans are deluded. All my mates are pretty much bandwagon Steelers fans and reckon they'll take the division after beating the Jets. They wont accept that we blew them out at Heinz Field either and keep banging on about gifting us 23 points... Tools.

If its under Bristol Division then I am under the moniker Bad News Bears pal.

Vikings are nothing without AP having a superb game, Christian Ponder really is just terrible and I was hoping they would keep faith in him but it looks like the powers that be have seen the light but again the Queens are nothing really without AP. Lionesses seem a better all rounded side this season, the acquisition of Reggie Bush has helped them a lot and with the Packers really stretched with injuries, the Lionesses will be our biggest threat. Regards with the Packers, think Rodgers is starting to lose his touch.. granted they are still winning but it wont happen much longer. Tbh Cutler, yes he has bad games time to time but he had his bad game against the Lionesses.. think his problem was that Lovie Smith was so defense orientated that the O-Line was poor. Trestman has come in and along with Emery have drafted well and signed well on the O-Line.. we may need another RB as class as Forte is, he is liable to injury and just don't think Micheal Bush can fill his shoes if needed.

Your division is interesting, I genuinely think the Bengals will win the division (always had a soft spot for them along with the Seahawks). Browns look much improved and Baltimore seem up and down. I will laugh if Pittsburgh finish bottom, hate them and their fans are deluded. All my mates are pretty much bandwagon Steelers fans and reckon they'll take the division after beating the Jets. They wont accept that we blew them out at Heinz Field either and keep banging on about gifting us 23 points... Tools.

Yep, I'm in Howey's "Bristol Division" as Burfiction.  Had a great season so far.

Yeah, Ponder's days look numbered, especially with Freeman coming along too.

Bush has given Detroit a different dimension (Joique Bell also looked good over the first few games), so maybe Stafford will have to use the run game more rather than massaging his own ego.

Brave call on Rodgers matey.  Losing his touch??  That is a BIG call.  Although, it will be interesting to see what he can do with a depleted receiving corps.  Look at how Brady is (and has done many times before) managing to get his bunch of rookies and ragbag receivers to a 5 and 1 start.  Can Rodgers do the same to prove himself in the same class as Tom?

I agree with you on Cutler by the way.  He does seem to have better protection this year and when he's hot he can certainly do the biz.  Jeffrey & Bennett have shown up as reliable receivers and it's not just all about Marshall as it was last year.  Good pick up that was, Martellus Bennett.

As for the AFC North.  The Browns have got through on a solid defence so far.  Not sure what their thinking was behind trading Richardson - I assume they want to stock picks to trade up for (yet another) QB in the draft.  To be brutally honest, I still can't see them getting above 7-9.  As for Baltimore, they're a strange team this year.  I thought they'd struggle and be where Pittsburgh are now, but they've managed to get to 3-3 without actually being very good?  I'd still be amazed if the Bengals didn't walk this division.

Yep, I'm in Howey's "Bristol Division" as Burfiction.  Had a great season so far.

Yeah, Ponder's days look numbered, especially with Freeman coming along too.

Bush has given Detroit a different dimension (Joique Bell also looked good over the first few games), so maybe Stafford will have to use the run game more rather than massaging his own ego.

Brave call on Rodgers matey.  Losing his touch??  That is a BIG call.  Although, it will be interesting to see what he can do with a depleted receiving corps.  Look at how Brady is (and has done many times before) managing to get his bunch of rookies and ragbag receivers to a 5 and 1 start.  Can Rodgers do the same to prove himself in the same class as Tom?

I agree with you on Cutler by the way.  He does seem to have better protection this year and when he's hot he can certainly do the biz.  Jeffrey & Bennett have shown up as reliable receivers and it's not just all about Marshall as it was last year.  Good pick up that was, Martellus Bennett.

As for the AFC North.  The Browns have got through on a solid defence so far.  Not sure what their thinking was behind trading Richardson - I assume they want to stock picks to trade up for (yet another) QB in the draft.  To be brutally honest, I still can't see them getting above 7-9.  As for Baltimore, they're a strange team this year.  I thought they'd struggle and be where Pittsburgh are now, but they've managed to get to 3-3 without actually being very good?  I'd still be amazed if the Bengals didn't walk this division.

Judging by what happened at the Buccs I don't know if that's a good acquisition regarding Freeman but I guess time will tell on that one.

It is a brave call but in my view justified, the previous game showed that. I know they won but Rogers was losing his rag with his O-Line constantly, a bit like JC did last season, gets sacked a lot and throws interceptions galore. A couple of years ago I would say he was carrying the Packers and without him they would struggle big though as it may sound controversial and maybe biased but they are a one man team, they don't have the weaponry like we do now and they certainly don't have the D we have. He is an elite QB still but is behind the likes of Manning, Brady and Brees.

Cutler is showing his proper form now, 600+ yards thrown in the last 2 games and no Interceptions, no fumbles because he has better blocking.. signing up Jermon Bushrod was a plus and Kyle Long looks a great guard to, definitely a prospect. Yup totally agree with you on Martellus Bennett, he's what we were crying out for as a TE as Kellen Davis couldn't catch a cold last season. My worry with Da Bears is our D, our injuries are alarmingly mounting up and we seem to struggle with the run game... missing Henry Melton big time. Cutler gets a lot of unwarranted criticism but he has a great arm, he is tough and likes to run when in tight spots.. his 4th quarter play is second to none.

Your right about the Browns, the Ravens really messed up by giving Joe Flacco an $120M contract and the Steelers look doomed, Rothliesberger carries them a lot, he is another QB who knows what to do in tight situations. Bengals for me looked really good towards the backend of last season, I would be surprised if the Bengals didn't win the division. Who's your WR again? Is it AJ Green? he is mint!! And what dya think about Dalton, he is good but I think he is a bit hit and miss.

Bloody hell Cincy!!  My nerves have been shot every game this season - can't we just win an easy one, pleeeease.

Anyway, many thanks to the Lions punter for his awful 27 yarder at the end there.  Nice.

No nerves yesterday.. a right beating put on those Jets, might shut Rex Ryan up now with any luck. Cincy possible dark horse for the SB?

Oh and stupid Detroit Lions, why cant they do what's expected of them and just lose.

Good win for the Eagles on Sunday, really wanted Foles to break the touchdown pass record but sadly it wasn't to be. Still, it's nice to see him stepping up his game which could signal the end for Vick who I think is just too injury prone. The constant flip flopping has evidently caused the Eagles' inconsistency this season, but who knows from here on out if Foles can keep the form he showed the other night.

Archived