IGNORED

Disappointed In Sod Reaction

dezgimed

Think GJ trumps SOD in the passion department.

On the radio he spent more time praising Rovers than our crowd, did he even mention the endless singing and support?

As for his rant about the pitch invasion, yes it was bad and immature etc, but does he not 'get' the derby passion? Appears not.

Not condoning anything but he is a right miserable git sometimes.

On the radio he spent more time praising Rovers than our crowd, did he even mention the endless singing and support?

As for his rant about the pitch invasion, yes it was bad and immature etc, but does he not 'get' the derby passion? Appears not.

Prepare to be smited!! You obviously don't get how over enthusiastic he usually is in his interviews, he had to tone it down a little tonight!! :whistle:

Asked about the invasion, City manager Sean O'Driscoll said: "I think it's disgraceful. We're in the second round of the JPT and it's almost like we've got promoted to the Championship. "I can understand rivalry but not hostility.

Whilst I understand his disgust it appears he doesn't understand two club city rivalry. Its got Bugger all to do with what the game was about

He was spot on. Put all the effort in alongside the players and staff to get a derby win and have it marred by a minority of aggressive chavs. I'd be disappointed in his shoes.

Derby passion shouldn't be confused with a lack of self control and needless aggression. It's like the vermin were just waiting for an excuse.

+1

He was spot on. Put all the effort in alongside the players and staff to get a derby win and have it marred by a minority of aggressive chavs. I'd be disappointed in his shoes.

Derby passion shouldn't be confused with a lack of self control and needless aggression. It's like the vermin were just waiting for an excuse.

You think he should have put more or rather all emphasis on the 100 idiots rather than the 15,000 others who did brilliantly?

Asked about the invasion, City manager Sean O'Driscoll said: "I think it's disgraceful. We're in the second round of the JPT and it's almost like we've got promoted to the Championship.

Someone should show him post-Rotherham or, god forbid, post-palace playoff. He'd possibly have a heart attack if that tonight was anythibg worth paying attention to.

Here is one for him. We have had bugger all to cheer in years, including 8 months under his helm. Take small victories at a time. A victory against local rivals in the first competitive game in 7 years in a 17,888 attendance for a blooming JPT first round Despite being visible live on sky shows emotions run high and it is possible, even probably that a few, albeit significant minority, may leave work and have a few too many to drink and join juveniles who have a bit more developing to do on the pitch. I am not embarrassed being affiliated to them because, if every derby was as financially viable to attend and in similar circumstances, I'm sure the scenes we saw tonight would be repeated frequently.

You think he should have put more or rather all emphasis on the 100 idiots rather than the 15,000 others who did brilliantly?

I think 100 is underestimating it by a factor of about four, and I think he's not stupid enough to think that he can get away with doing anything other than condemning it when put in that position by the vermin. The blame you want to throw SOD's way here rightfully belongs to the group of ******* you're defending. The good atmosphere was more than wiped out by the numpties I'm afraid.

I think 100 is underestimating it by a factor of about four, and I think he's not stupid enough to think that he can get away with doing anything other than condemning it when put in that position by the vermin. The blame you want to throw SOD's way here rightfully belongs to the group of ******* you're defending. The good atmosphere was more than wiped out by the numpties I'm afraid.

READ the post you reply to. He didn't defend them. He called them idiots!!!!!!

I 100% agree about the condemning of the idiots that invaded the pitch at then end, and forgive me, I havent listened to the radio interview, but if he didnt praise the 15/16,000 others that didnt invade the pitch, then that is a poor show from him imo.

I thought SOD was spot on. Found the whole pitch invasion thing cringeworthy and embarrassing.

Yes Rovers are our local rivals but they are not our EQUALS.

We are twice the club they are, better league, better facilities, better support. We have a guy playing for us who used to play for Arsenal.They have a guy playing for them who looks like he was sleeping rough until a few weeks ago.

I'm all for a pitch invasions if we achieve something like winning promotion or getting to the playoff final but beating the poor relations in the first round of a tinpot cup isn't quite the same. I know we have had a few bad seasons but is this really how much we have lowered our sights?

Yes Rovers invaded the pitch in 2007 but their poxy little club is never going to go anywhere and watching City fail is all they have to hope for. We on the other hand should be aiming higher than that - get back to the Championship within a few seasons, build Ashton Vale if we can ever get the Nimbys to f off and eventually aim to get in the Prem, leaving Rovers behind in our shadow forever.

Would Forest invade the pitch if they beat County in a cup? Would Stoke if they beat Vale? I doubt it because both of those clubs have left their poor relations behind and would expect to beat an inferior team as a matter of routine.

Have to say I'm a big fan of SO'D but was disappointed at seeing this comment. Obviously there were a fair share of idiots, but that was what? 5% of the home crowd at most. It seems such a negative comment, as if he was tarnishing the whole occasion and judging our whole support by the actions of a minority.

I get the impression he doesn't really get the rivalry, but hey, it's not his job to - just keep the team progressing on the pitch and all is well Sean!

READ his other posts this evening, you will see a lot of defending them just like you have.

Do one. I haven't defended it at all. In all posts I have referred to overexcited kids or drunk adults which I have said should have known better.

What I have done is defend our club, and our fan base, against a tirade of many who seem to want to beat us with a stick for the actions of a minority and try to put a bit of bloody perspective for the actions of 1-5% of those in attendance.

I thought SOD was spot on. Found the whole pitch invasion thing cringeworthy and embarrassing.

Yes Rovers are our local rivals but they are not our EQUALS.

We are twice the club they are, better league, better facilities, better support. We have a guy playing for us who used to play for Arsenal.They have a guy playing for them who looks like he was sleeping rough until a few weeks ago.

Exactly.

This is why the pitch invasion was a total embarrassment for me.

They are a nothing club. Have been for a long while. Will be for a long while to come.

HE AINT IN MY GOOD BOOKS ANYMORE after all the effort the fans gave and the team he doesnt even show appreciation all he done was praise are local rivals up what a **** i know it was not good at the end but at least have a bit of passion in for the win and support shown and our team perfomance at least

Do one. I haven't defended it at all. In all posts I have referred to overexcited kids or drunk adults which I have said should have known better.

What I have done is defend our club, and our fan base, against a tirade of many who seem to want to beat us with a stick for the actions of a minority and try to put a bit of bloody perspective for the actions of 1-5% of those in attendance.

Every time you try and minimise it or make an excuse for it, which you have done several times tonight and in fact in this very post ("overexcited or drunk") you are defending it.

You're the kind of apologist that allows this sort of shit to continue to happen and plays a big part in making many aspects of being a football fan unpleasant. Your tolerance for this sort of thing and the people you're defending give the police every excuse to be over authoritative and heavy handed, to rip off the club for policing costs and force us into bubble trips.

So please, do one yourself.

Every time you try and minimise it or make an excuse for it, which you have done several times tonight and in fact in this very post ("overexcited or drunk") you are defending it.

You're the kind of apologist that allows this sort of shit to continue to happen and plays a big part in making many aspects of being a football fan unpleasant. Your tolerance for this sort of thing and the people you're defending give the police every excuse to be over authoritative and heavy handed, to rip off the club for policing costs and force us into bubble trips.

So please, do one yourself.

Conveniently ignore "should have known better'. Hardly defending it.

Conveniently ignore "should have known better'. Hardly defending it.

I didn't ignore it. When you make excuses for something you're defending it. It's not really a point of debate. You've done the same many times tonight. It's completely wrong in my opinion and the tacit acceptance of that sort of behaviour is a big part of why it continues to happen.

SOD interview was perfectly fine - unfortunately the actions of the minority meant that was the focus of television taking it away from a good performance and two outstanding goals. It was a great evening marred by the actions of a few but inevitably the focus was on them. SOD when asked condmened that behaviour and quite rightly so - agree 100% with all that Nibor said. He also delivered a team that played with commitment and no little skill, good to watch even at 2.45a.m. as it was here...

Archived