IGNORED

Disappointed In Sod Reaction

dezgimed

SOD got it spot on.

It small time and embarassing what some of our fans did at the end.

Thinking he is really beginning to turn things around and I understand the transition will take a while whilst there are clearly some Blackburn chairmen on here who want to change managers every few months if we don't win.

That is 2 wins and 2 draws from the last 4 games. And we could have won at MK Dons and should have won at Gillingham.

SOD is the only manager I've known in my lifetime in which I have total confidence in his vision for the future of our club.

Instant success - no. Heading in the right direction for the first time in years - very much so in my opinion.

Even reading his program notes, you can tell he is head and shoulders above his predecessors in terms of his intellectual approach to the game, both on and off the pitch.

Frankly I'd be more disappointed if he wasn't condemning the actions of the mindless minority last night, not because he is. Everything he's said is spot on.

We had an opportunity to be talking about all the right things this morning and instead the only talk is of violence and troublemaking from both sides. Sad and shows us for what Bristol sadly is - a footballing backwater.

Asked about the invasion, City manager Sean O'Driscoll said: "I think it's disgraceful. We're in the second round of the JPT and it's almost like we've got promoted to the Championship. "I can understand rivalry but not hostility.

Whilst I understand his disgust it appears he doesn't understand two club city rivalry. Its got Bugger all to do with what the game was about

Don't be daft. He's from Wolverhampton. If you ever do the Molyneux tour, you will be shown holding pens under the main stand. Because the ground is quite a distance from the nearest nick, these pens are needed to hold those arrested for disorderly conduct by the police. The vertical bars of the pens are painted alternately blue & white in "honour" of local rivals (in the past) WBA. Compared with the rivalry between those two teams, last night was a picnic. However, it also shows that such questions are best approached with a modicum of humour!

Hmmm I just watched the BBC Interview and he just says 'both sets of fans were a disappointment'.

Sorry SOD but that is bollocks, the issue with the pitch invasion and Rovers surging etc is a minority of the crowd.

Seems he cant wait to stick the boot in sometimes (yes I appreciate the irony of that statement!).

And it is clear it is the minority he is referring to since it was the minority that misbehaved. And may have earned the club a fine SOD would clearly know that and was understandably annoyed by it. Not sure what you are getting all sensitive about.

Is it clear, when he says the fans were a disappointment?

Sorry to offend you, perhaps if you don't like opinions, stay off an opinions board!

How witty. Suggesting SOD has no right to criticise the mindless morons who tarnished our reputation and probably cost the club a hefty fine because he hasn't won a league game is pathetic.

The idiots on the pitch last night will harm the club, simple as.

That's not what I posted, nor is what I suggested. I was disappointed that SO'D brushed this game off as unimportant, when clearly it's a game that City fans feel passionately about, all the while having not won a League match.

Don't make it something it's not.

Is it clear, when he says the fans were a disappointment?

Sorry to offend you, perhaps if you don't like opinions, stay off an opinions board!

Think you're being a bit Pedantic their mate.

Obviously he is not talking about the real fans who behaved like normal human beings.

He was referring to the Brainless, fat sub humans who think they support the Club, but don't.

Just selfish ***** who can't control themselves and don't think of the consequences to the Club.

The type who blame authorities because of their actions.

Ban the lot of 'em... Scum...Both sets who were involved.

The Clubs don't need 'em and neither do the real Supporters.

Think you're being a bit Pedantic their mate.

Obviously he is not talking about the real fans who behaved like normal human beings.

He was referring to the Brainless, fat sub humans who think they support the Club, but don't.

Just selfish ***** who can't control themselves and don't think of the consequences to the Club.

The type who blame authorities because of their actions.

Ban the lot of 'em... Scum...Both sets who were involved.

The Clubs don't need 'em and neither do the real Supporters.

My gripe would be then why doesnt he smile perhaps and say how much he enjoyed the atmosphere??!

With all the silky footballing philosophy in the world, if he can't get excited about a game like last night, he won't last long here.

My gripe would be then why doesnt he smile perhaps and say how much he enjoyed the atmosphere??!

With all the silky footballing philosophy in the world, if he can't get excited about a game like last night, he won't last long here.

It would be just fitting if we start to really gather momentum and achieve under SOD that he'll get hounded out because he doesn't smile and isn't the media friendly cheeky chappie that GJ was.

Would just about sum our attitude towards our managers up.

How long have we been crying out for a manager who sees a long term vision for the club, encourages attractive football, encourages youth players by giving them opportunities etc...now it's happening and people are moaning because he doesn't smile!

I do get your point about yes it would have been nice to acknowledge the vocal and well behaved majority, but the undereducated Neanderthals were always going to be the talking point after their stupid actions.

I do get your point about yes it would have been nice to acknowledge the vocal and well behaved majority, but the undereducated Neanderthals were always going to be the talking point after their stupid actions.

Not for me, I didnt blink an eye. They aren't worthy of attention hence why I thought the post match stuff would have been focused on positives.

It was a few kids running onto the pitch and waving, seriously.

Not for me, I didnt blink an eye. They aren't worthy of attention hence why I thought the post match stuff would have been focused on positives.

Yeah but funnily enough the FA etc. don't share that casual attitude.

I just think it let the club down when we had a real opportunity to be creating talk for all the right reasons. Good display, passionate derby, two world class goals, local youngster scoring the winner...but all anyone is talking about is thuggery. Sad after such a good game and that's no doubt the cause of SODs reaction also.

How bloody naive are you if you thought a game with so many media there that they would turn a blind eye and pretend it didn't happen? It could have been half as many people went on the pitch and having a go and it still would've been the main story today.

Both sets of fans fell into the trap and gave the media exactly what they wanted. If they hadn't done that we wouldn't be talking about it and we wouldn't be pulling apart who's said what in reaction to it when missing the bigger point altogether.

Yeah but funnily enough the FA etc. don't share that casual attitude.

I just think it let the club down when we had a real opportunity to be creating talk for all the right reasons. Good display, passionate derby, two world class goals, local youngster scoring the winner...but all anyone is talking about is thuggery. Sad after such a good game and that's no doubt the cause of SODs reaction also.

+1

Bristol86 covers it very well mate.

This Club doesn't deserve a manager like SoD if fans are going to complain about his lack of 'personality'.

You can't win it seems.

He's paid to do a job, not appease the masses.

He's probably like me, who can't get excited about fat drunk blokes chanting and singing and throwing abuse.

He's a football manager not a Circus host.

I think Sod got it bang on, along with Ward. It took the shine of what could of been a memorable win. But now it will be remembered about the idiots on the pitch( not the usual 11!). Instead of talking about two great goals and a full house atmosphere. I listened to his interview after the game and couldn't agree with him more. I felt embarrassed after the game and still do now.

SOD interview was perfectly fine - unfortunately the actions of the minority meant that was the focus of television taking it away from a good performance and two outstanding goals. It was a great evening marred by the actions of a few but inevitably the focus was on them. SOD when asked condmened that behaviour and quite rightly so - agree 100% with all that Nibor said. He also delivered a team that played with commitment and no little skill, good to watch even at 2.45a.m. as it was here...

I agree, I was only able to get the second half on my computer as the hotel I am staying in in Croatia's wifi was down, but I managed to get the match on wiziwig in a new location and thought that City played well under pressure in the second half. Jet's goal was fantastic as I saw it on the replay afterwards, IMO one of the best players we have had for a long time. Joe Bryan goal was also taken well and he kept his head instead of just smashing it over the bar as a lot of young players would have done. So what I saw of the match was that it was a well fought Bristol derby and great to watch, and thank goodness we won. Lot's of passion there last night both on the pitch and off, just a shame that a few idiots had to ruin the night.

• Admin

It would be just fitting if we start to really gather momentum and achieve under SOD that he'll get hounded out because he doesn't smile and isn't the media friendly cheeky chappie that GJ was.

Would just about sum our attitude towards our managers up.

How long have we been crying out for a manager who sees a long term vision for the club, encourages attractive football, encourages youth players by giving them opportunities etc...now it's happening and people are moaning because he doesn't smile!

I don't get this need for O'Driscoll to validate the fans every time we make a bit of atmosphere. I know we were damn loud last night, you know we were damn loud, dezgimed (just using you as one example of many on here dez) knows we were damn loud last night. Isn't that enough without needing to get a gold star from teacher?

• Admin

Bristol86 covers it very well mate.

This Club doesn't deserve a manager like SoD if fans are going to complain about his lack of 'personality'.

You can't win it seems.

He's paid to do a job, not appease the masses.

He's probably like me, who can't get excited about fat drunk blokes chanting and singing and throwing abuse.

He's a football manager not a Circus host.

Again, if he manages to produce regular winning football then surely our own smiles will be enough?

All I want from our manager is to produce a team whose results and performances I can be proud of. I don't need him to tell me how loud I sang, I don't need him to grin from ear to ear, I simply want him to do his job well on the training ground so I can go home happy on a matchday.

Do you know what really upset me about the dreadful misbehaviour last night? What really, really gets to me about those kids running on the pitch? They gave SOd something to be bloody miserable about. On a fabulous night. You stupid, stupid, bloody kids. You gave SOd a way out last night and ruined it for all of us. Without your stupid, idiotic, cretinous attention-grabbing antics, SOd would have had no alternative, in front of those bloody cameras, with their stupid questions, but to smile. And say, "That was frackin great." You stupid kids.

Archived