IGNORED

Disappointed In Sod Reaction

dezgimed

I didn't ignore it. When you make excuses for something you're defending it. It's not really a point of debate. You've done the same many times tonight. It's completely wrong in my opinion and the tacit acceptance of that sort of behaviour is a big part of why it continues to happen.

I have at no point excused it. I have condemned it. What I have done is mitigate it : mitigate being to make less severe.

People at times act like fools. An insubstantial minority tonight acted like fools. Would I make them the focal point for fans, would I consider the club embarrassed by them, am I embarrassed by their actions via association? No.

Those fools should consider their actions tonight and should take isolated reflection. If I were SOD would I refer to the crowd - a crowd consisting of 17,888 - as embarrassing? No. Do I find the scenes at the end embarrassing of BCFC? No - it was a simple few who themselves should be embarrassed by their own actions.

They'd do that irrespective, it's what the police do.

If you think they will ever be on your side, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

+ several million

Love the handle BTW

For the second time tonight, I'll quote that great Irish saying "there's no problem so bad that a policeman can't make it worse"

Wow, this makes no sense on so many levels.[/quote

OK I'll say it for the third time. There's no problem so bad that a policeman can't make it worse.

Goodnight all and **** off to all who tried to put a damper on a great game, a great result and a more than half-decent performance by the Gas.

I really don't care what he said, we've just beat gas 2-1 I'll carry on supporting and let him get on with ,turning this club around, I guess if people want a stick to beat him with they l find one! Hey ho. let's get d Mac back! he was media friendly wasn't he!

Dead right. The problem is that there are so many miserable gits supporting City that it's difficult to tell them from the Gas trolls. No, wait. The Gas trolls have by and large been more gracious about tonight's game. Sod the gits. Great performance, great result and

COME ON YOU REDS!!

Well said there Tim - SOD was clearly referring to a section of the fans rather than the whole support and while he could have expressed that better having been asked the question there was little else he could have said. Cracking game, cracking atmosphere, two great goals and the win we wanted.

I'm virtually always disappointed in S O'D's post-match comments as they convey the excitement of a wet Wednesday in Wolverhampton and they rarely seem to show much love for the paying punter.

HOWEVER that's just his way. I'm very happy we have a good manager who has made some great acquisitions and seems to be bringing on young players fabulously.

Maybe Keith Burt ought to do the interviews?

I'm virtually always disappointed in S O'D's post-match comments as they convey the excitement of a wet Wednesday in Wolverhampton and they rarely seem to show much love for the paying punter.

HOWEVER that's just his way. I'm very happy we have a good manager who has made some great acquisitions and seems to be bringing on young players fabulously.

Maybe Keith Burt ought to do the interviews?

No, you've got it wrong. We should have George Ferguson as manager. He's a buffoon, but he interviews well...

No, you've got it wrong. We should have George Ferguson as manager. He's a buffoon, but he interviews well...

I wouldn't say he was a buffoon. You don't get to be that rich by being a buffoon. I wouldn't say he interviews well either - he always sounds a bit smarmy to me.

I wouldn't say he was a buffoon. You don't get to be that rich by being a buffoon. I wouldn't say he interviews well either - he always sounds a bit smarmy to me.

On the Tory B Liar scale he has a smarm factor of about 75%

And you can be very very stupid and very very rich if you choose your parents carefully.

Head coach, not manager unless I've missed something.

Part of the head coach/manager role will be being media friendly. This is not only important from a fans' PR point of view, but also for the profile of a club.

However, far more important are results and success. The danger is you do not want to isolate the fan base.

This side of SOD does, like it or not, need development. It is far less important than results/development/progression etc so whilst there are many facets of his tenure to be pleased with, it is not reasonable to be so standoff-ish to a clear development need.

Have to say I'm a big fan of SO'D but was disappointed at seeing this comment. Obviously there were a fair share of idiots, but that was what? 5% of the home crowd at most. It seems such a negative comment, as if he was tarnishing the whole occasion and judging our whole support by the actions of a minority.

I get the impression he doesn't really get the rivalry, but hey, it's not his job to - just keep the team progressing on the pitch and all is well Sean!

It doesn't matter whether it was 5%, what they did has over shadowed the game and the victory, bragging rights are out the window as now people will not even mention the game, it will just be "shame about your fans"

He was asked the question he didn't highlight it and he was spot on

We won in a tin pot cup at least in 2007 the gas got through to the final not the second round

Mindless idiot was correct,

If the didn't run and try and goad the gas then I wouldn't of had a problem with it

SoD was right thought. The repeated pitch invasion was a joke. How the idiot in the yellow t-shirt wasnt arrested imdont know.

Idiots trying to charge the Rovers fans, trying to fight police horses and sliding around and destroying the pitch, the groundsman looked gutted at the end, thank god we don't have a game at weekend.

Hope a fair few banning orders are put out after last night. Truely pathetic behaviour!

Someone should show him post-Rotherham or, god forbid, post-palace playoff. He'd possibly have a heart attack if that tonight was anythibg worth paying attention to.

Here is one for him. We have had bugger all to cheer in years, including 8 months under his helm. Take small victories at a time. A victory against local rivals in the first competitive game in 7 years in a 17,888 attendance for a blooming JPT first round Despite being visible live on sky shows emotions run high and it is possible, even probably that a few, albeit significant minority, may leave work and have a few too many to drink and join juveniles who have a bit more developing to do on the pitch. I am not embarrassed being affiliated to them because, if every derby was as financially viable to attend and in similar circumstances, I'm sure the scenes we saw tonight would be repeated frequently.

the pitch invasion after Palace and Rotherham were celebrations, not a deliberate rant against the Rovers' fans

I've woken up in a great mood, I come on this god forsaken forum and a cloud of disappointment has gathered.

Are you bickering, whining, boring, lifeless tossers serious? We won, the atmosphere was fantastic. Our manager answered a loaded question and this is what you want to discuss? This is what you want to make the big news story?

******* hell.

For clarification, in one of the many hundred interviews he did he did give mention to the fans "@bcfctweets: SO'D: "It was great up until the final whistle." But why let a few facts get in the way of being a bunch of *****?

the pitch invasion after Palace and Rotherham were celebrations, not a deliberate rant against the Rovers' fans

Indeed, I remember the nice Rotherham fans giving us a clap as we'd been promoted - pretty decent given they'd been relegated weeks before as I recall.

Last night reminded me of the Hartlepool play off game. Just wish some people could learn to enjoy a win with a bit of class, no matter who the opposition are.

HE AINT IN MY GOOD BOOKS ANYMORE after all the effort the fans gave and the team he doesnt even show appreciation all he done was praise are local rivals up what a **** i know it was not good at the end but at least have a bit of passion in for the win and support shown and our team perfomance at least

I Did n't hear your drums mate

When SOD starts winning us games, then he can call the fans 'disgraceful' for getting jumped up about winning the first round of the JPT.

Didn't we win the game last night then? Presumably then by your reasoning he was entitled to make his comments.

I wasn't able to attend the match, but I fail to understand how anyone impressed by those brainless neanderthals on the touchline at the bottom of Block G, who were a complete embarassment to the club. How people can feel that such pathetic behaviour is something to be proud of completely defeats me. Very sad individuals.

Didn't we win the game last night then? Presumably then by your reasoning he was entitled to make his comments.

I wasn't able to attend the match, but I fail to understand how anyone impressed by those brainless neanderthals on the touchline at the bottom of Block G, who were a complete embarassment to the club. How people can feel that such pathetic behaviour is something to be proud of completely defeats me. Very sad individuals.

I'm not condoning the actions of those folk. What I'm saying is, it's pretty disgusting of SO'D to come out and say "It's only a first round JPT" when we haven't won a single league match. We haven't had anything to cheer about this season following a relegation; now that we've actually won a match (a derby!), it's not even important!

Archived