IGNORED

Disappointed In Sod Reaction

dezgimed

There's a lot of criticism here aimed at SO'D for not being more passionate.

But you seem to be forgetting:

• "Passion" isn't what he's about. He's not some GJ ranter and raver, he's more analytical
  • He's not from Bristol, so how could he possibly understand the passion of a derby game?
  • Bristol City are his employer, not a life-long passion
  • His comments about the shenanigans at the end seem fair

You can't expect an outsider to 'get' a Bristol derby, any more than you could expect one of us to 'get' a Glasgow one. You can understand but not really feel it in your bones.

He was spot on. Put all the effort in alongside the players and staff to get a derby win and have it marred by a minority of aggressive chavs. I'd be disappointed in his shoes.

Derby passion shouldn't be confused with a lack of self control and needless aggression. It's like the vermin were just waiting for an excuse.

This... Last night was a disgrace...

I think people tend to forget that Rovers fans have been taunting us since 2007, that’s 6 years too long!!! The win pretty much brought emotions on a high. We finally have the bragging right back! The pitch invasion was right imo, it showed how much we suffered from their taunting the last 6 years, but to run over to the rovers fans was wrong.

I've woken up in a great mood, I come on this god forsaken forum and a cloud of disappointment has gathered.

Are you bickering, whining, boring, lifeless tossers serious? We won, the atmosphere was fantastic. Our manager answered a loaded question and this is what you want to discuss? This is what you want to make the big news story?

******* hell.

For clarification, in one of the many hundred interviews he did he did give mention to the fans "@bcfctweets: SO'D: "It was great up until the final whistle." But why let a few facts get in the way of being a bunch of *****?

Ok everyone pipe down now, big man Jordan has spoken and his keyboard is locked and loaded.

Think GJ trumps SOD in the passion department.

On the radio he spent more time praising Rovers than our crowd, did he even mention the endless singing and support?

As for his rant about the pitch invasion, yes it was bad and immature etc, but does he not 'get' the derby passion? Appears not.

Not condoning anything but he is a right miserable git sometimes.

He should have stripped naked and dry humped John Ward at the final whistle to show his passion and commitment.

Anything less and I would suspect he might be a closet Gas head.

Or he might just be using diplomacy - a rare and much sought after currency in our partisan and often mildly retarded fan base.

• Admin

Think GJ trumps SOD in the passion department.

On the radio he spent more time praising Rovers than our crowd, did he even mention the endless singing and support?

As for his rant about the pitch invasion, yes it was bad and immature etc, but does he not 'get' the derby passion? Appears not.

Not condoning anything but he is a right miserable git sometimes.

Clearly does not understand the passion of many supporters

A great night last night - obviously marred by the damage done to the club by the pitch invasion.

What I saw was more a bunch of daft people having a laugh than a serious confrontation...although there was a bit of that.

The question for me - and surely for the club - is where on earth did they get the idea that it would be ok to run on the pitch?

And the answer lies in the failure of stewards to stop repeated running on the pitch earlier in the match. Blame the supporters by all means - but the questions the club will be facing will be around incompetent stewarding I'm afraid.

What is disappointing is that the actions of a couple of hundred is dominating the news, the reports and this forum.

If these ***** hadn't invaded the pitch and jumped around like 12 year olds then we'd all be talking about the game and the 2 brilliant goals we scored.

Mods, can you lock the threads about the pitch invasion so, for once, we can enjoy being City fans for a few hours or so and revel in the first bit of genuine enjoyment we've had for about 3 years.

Sorry that the obvious wasn't very obvious for you, I was talking about league games. I've now edited my post for your brain to wrap itself round.

How witty. Suggesting SOD has no right to criticise the mindless morons who tarnished our reputation and probably cost the club a hefty fine because he hasn't won a league game is pathetic.

The idiots on the pitch last night will harm the club, simple as.

This side of SOD does, like it or not, need development. It is far less important than results/development/progression etc so whilst there are many facets of his tenure to be pleased with, it is not reasonable to be so standoff-ish to a clear development need.

Especially when you talk about process and development a lot................

Once again evidence that have a contingent of 'supporters' who use BCFC as an excuse and conduit for their thuggish culture.

Great goals and performances tarnished by morons.

I applaud SOD for reacting to the question put to him, about said morons, with honesty. Also, respect to the fans who have echoed SOD's disappoint with their eloquent posts on this thread.

It is also the responsibilty of decent fans to assist weeding these idiots out.

You could see when SO'D was walking off that he was annoyed with the shenanigans at the end of the game. Somebody went up to him and it was pretty clear that O'Driscoll was telling him where to go!

It wasn't ideal, but I do think the media today and SO'D's comments last night were somewhat over the top. It did make us look a bit small time that some of our fans ran onto the pitch after a JPT first round victory, but it really isn't the end of the world.

We should be concentrating on a superb game and atmosphere (in which in all fairness Rovers played their part in both), a good performance in a big game from a young City team and most importantly a Bristol born lad scoring the winner. Those are the things to be taken away from last night. Not the nonsense at the final whistle.

The line everyone is ignoring is that he said "I can understand rivalry but not hostility." Was there any need to square off with the away fans throwing objects? I can celebrate without.

Last night we showed both the good and the bad of a Bristol Derby.

Whilst I should be talking about a great game with a superb effort from the fans and the players- I'm watching a video of a city fan trying to spit at a rovers player on twitter.

The line everyone is ignoring is that he said "I can understand rivalry but not hostility." Was there any need to square off with the away fans throwing objects? I can celebrate without.

Last night we showed both the good and the bad of a Bristol Derby.

Whilst I should be talking about a great game with a superb effort from the fans and the players- I'm watching a video of a city fan trying to spit at a rovers player on twitter.

That was some ginger guy right? Him and chunky chap with the glasses were spoiling for it.. the stewards feeble attempt to 'have a word and take little action' made me chuckle.

GJ is a passion manager, SOD is a thinking manager... they are nothing a like and if we're always going to compare our managers with GJ then we're always going to feel deflated because GJ and his era was a one off. If GJ came back and took the hot seat I would dare to say we'd not see the young talent like Bryan and Reid come through and we'd probably get back into the Championship and struggle. GJ in my eyes builds his team on hard work and confidence, unfortunately there will always be a loss of confidence at some point and if the heads go down the hard work stops too.

GJ's ear will always be one of my personal favourites but SOD needs to just be left to get on with his job, getting on his back and comparing him to past managers and so on is not going to help, we're supposed to be supporters so we should support the man and if in a couple of years his creation has not delivered then would be the time to compare and talk about replacing.

Archived