IGNORED

Whatever Happened To Those Heroes?

Eddie Hitler

Well, I've been posting on boards since 96 or 97 and have seen a lot of people come and go, so here's my appreciation thread plus whatever happened to people who've disappeared. Any info or other tributes welcome.

Web pioneers:

Ron Fernandez: Bristolcitynet, then rivalsnet, then disappeared. The first genuine City web presence. Where is he now?

Cider Head: part of the "city casuals" web firm, still (intermittently ;-)) running subbers now ziderheads

Jer Boon - first humorous city website, did a lot of bike riding for charity

Kat - adabillahderturfup website, funny if a bit mental (the website, not her)

Ian Cole - lacking in humour, gashead, but pushed City & Rovers board, might still be about on the gas side

Poster mainstays:

Eddie Hitler - what a guy!

Red Goblin - still on here and ziderheads, previously blair_hater, one of the "city casuals"

Dollymarie - fun and lively, now remote mod presence on here, great in her heyday

Roving Weasel - a gashead but still makes the list, funny and clever, vanished

MaloneFM - good old Uncle Roger, always made me laugh, vanished

BarryMac - did see him pop up briefly recently, maverick mentalist

Neo - unstoppable, then stopped

Nibor - gone all serious these days but was one for banter, still on OTIB

Apologies to anybody who has been a enjoyable presence these last five years, that's a tad recent for me ;-)

Well, I've been posting on boards since 96 or 97 and have seen a lot of people come and go, so here's my appreciation thread plus whatever happened to people who've disappeared. Any info or other tributes welcome.

Web pioneers:

Ron Fernandez: Bristolcitynet, then rivalsnet, then disappeared. The first genuine City web presence. Where is he now?

Cider Head: part of the "city casuals" web firm, still (intermittently ;-)) running subbers now ziderheads

Jer Boon - first humorous city website, did a lot of bike riding for charity

Kat - adabillahderturfup website, funny if a bit mental (the website, not her)

Ian Cole - lacking in humour, gashead, but pushed City & Rovers board, might still be about on the gas side

Poster mainstays:

Eddie Hitler - what a guy!

Red Goblin - still on here and ziderheads, previously blair_hater, one of the "city casuals"

Dollymarie - fun and lively, now remote mod presence on here, great in her heyday

Roving Weasel - a gashead but still makes the list, funny and clever, vanished

BarryMac - did see him pop up briefly recently, maverick mentalist

Neo - unstoppable, then stopped

Nibor - gone all serious these days but was one for banter, still on OTIB

Apologies to anybody who has been a enjoyable presence these last five years, that's a tad recent for me ;-)

Riaz always used to stir it up weather you agreed with him or not he was entertaining.

I believe that Malone FM was banned a few years ago.

Then there was Bristol Boy (Ian) and his in-depth match reports, still calls Twentyman after matches, not sure if he was banned or walked away.

Percy Parrott, Mark.S.Cal? and I will never forget some Scouse joker who had a number of names such as Billy Mercer's Gloves, Billy Mercer's Right Arm etc.

custard, Palmers Green Red, Norton Red

Ted Pitman, whatever became of him :cool: oh right!

"All the Shakespearos"

Knew barrymanc a little bit, a cotham boy but kept these forums in context-and just took the piss, tbf.

Sware redeye is ashtonyate reincarnated. How proud must AY be, looking down on Joe caressing that ball, last Wednesday?

Think Malone might be on the other side too, now, tbh.

Always appreciate CH for his overall contribution to all things City and also Edward: think you're a class poster when you do actually post.

You Reds.

I believe that Malone FM was banned a few years ago.

Then there was Bristol Boy (Ian) and his in-depth match reports, still calls Twentyman after matches, not sure if he was banned or walked away.

Percy Parrott, Mark.S.Cal? and I will never forget some Scouse joker who had a number of names such as Billy Mercer's Gloves, Billy Mercer's Right Arm etc.

custard, Palmers Green Red, Norton Red

Ted Pitman, whatever became of him :cool: oh right!

"All the Shakespearos"

Percy Parrott!! What ever happened to him? Didn't he get a job at the club or something?

Also, what ever happened to TomF? Wasn't he the forum creator?

Knew barrymanc a little bit, a cotham boy but kept these forums in context-and just took the piss, tbf.

Sware redeye is ashtonyate reincarnated. How proud must AY be, looking down on Joe caressing that ball, last Wednesday?

Always appreciate CH for his overall contribution to all things City and also Edward: think you're a class poster when you do actually post.

You Reds.

Blimey, what makes you think this? I know he liked a Pimms!

ashtonyate (Mike) was a great guy, yet he got a lot of grief on here because he was always up-front with his opinions, and some used to pick holes in his posts as his spelling wasn't perfect.

But he was spot-on about the academy!

You Reds.

Oh yeah. When you going to pay us a visit again?

I miss those drunken ramblings

Made me laugh too with witty public schoolboy humour not readily appreciated, and I'm far from being a public schoolboy.

The fact he got banned for just speaking the truth in a unique style spoke volumes for a lot of things. His gashead mate was good value too.

Sadly I suspect both no longer with us.

Archived