IGNORED

Whatever Happened To Those Heroes?

Eddie Hitler

Caldicot Red, later known as Harry May, was a good poster on the Net Centre, pre & post Rivals net. Longsince retired from here (though presumably not from BCFC).

Harry May was an excellent poster. The last time I remember him posting was years ago and he said he was about to have an operation to try and finally repair injuries (two badly broken ankles iirc,) from a high speed motor bike crash that had left him with difficulty walking.

Remember his parting banter with an annoying Cardiff fan before a trip to Ninian Park, "See you on the Bob Bank, *******, and on another occasion him highlighting a picture of himself in the City programme celebrating a goal, bare chested in the Lower Dolman.

May have had a chequered past but despite my untypical highlighted quote above he was a very knowledgable and intelligent poster.

I remember Tinman posting and Scott Murray and Scott Davidson. There was a real sense of togetherness and harmony on the net centre when Pulis was in charge. There was no disagreement because we all were united in hating his guts. I seem to recall that the official club forum was closed for a while because somebody posted a death threat against Pulis and the Police were called in. The Police had no chance as virtually every City fan that ever existed wished Pulis was dead. During that time of the official site being shut down, the posters there started posting on the net centre.

Benny Lennartsson's era was reasonably well covered on the forums. It was well commented that Benny threw his cap into the crowd at the end of each game we won. I was never sure whether that was meant as a gift or a punishment as I'd be reluctant to place one of his used caps on my head prior to a 80 degree wash. Suffice to say that Benny's tenure did not bankrupt him due to the number of caps he gave away and he took a crate full back from whence he came.

Another name from the past who was a regular poster was Tinnions_Right_Leg.

That is I

He joked about being a urine-stained geriatric, posted consistentlly over a long period and then vanished off of the face of the planet, so to speak. So just putting 2and 2 together.

Think that was more his internet persona - from some of his stories on here I'd have him down as no more than 60 now at the most.

You might be right though he was a prodigious, almost daily poster, for so many years and it seems unlikely his sudden complete disappearance from all City related forums would be by choice.

Dr Faustus is still around on the Gash forum - I'll pass on your regards when I next take a fishing trip

Seem to remember Faustus and Malone knew each other, regulars at the same pub in Brislington.

Perhaps he knows what happened to Malone?

Harry May was an excellent poster. The last time I remember him posting was years ago and he said he was about to have an operation to try and finally repair injuries (two badly broken ankles iirc,) from a high speed motor bike crash that had left him with difficulty walking.

Remember his parting banter with an annoying Cardiff fan before a trip to Ninian Park, "See you on the Bob Bank, *******, and on another occasion him highlighting a picture of himself in the City programme celebrating a goal, bare chested in the Lower Dolman.

May have had a chequered past but despite my untypical highlighted quote above he was a very knowledgable and intelligent poster.

"Harry May" is 50 this week: still goes down the City although less of the keyboard laureate than he used to be. Still a top bloke, you'll be pleased to hear!

The Net Centre was great in having decent content as well as a lively forum, I can't think of another City forum that has so well combined the two. All down to Rob's work. These days most sites have more admins and mods than you can shake a stick at but he did it all himself (I think), a lot of sites back then were one man (or woman) bands.

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated! I do post on here from time to time and have an ST in Dolman B Block, the Net Centre was a lot of fun and took a lot of time, fascinating to see who would leak info (less amazing being called by Steve Lansdown and told off!) but as someone else has rightly pointed out, capitalism got in the way, in the last few years doing the site I was part of setting up a successful Internet startup which became and still is an all hours job. Thankfully the club got its act together so my site wasn't needed.

I think I've been able to figure out who some of the same Net Centre posters are on OTIB through the style they write or comments they have made on here, there were definitely some great contributors including yourself. Lots of good memories, some anecdotes as well - I set up the very first fans derby with the Rovers rivals publisher (we both had marketing budgets), Geoff Twentyman was ref, it cost me £100 to hire the training ground pitch, Rovers lad was meant to go halves but never did - typical Gas!! Net Centre forum was very lively.

I may be about to do another bit of BCFC Internet pioneering, I'm listening to the second half of the Shrewsbury game at 32,000 feet mid flight (somewhere between Kansas City and Philadelphia) I'm not sure if anyone has had the luxury (or chore) of doing this before using in-flight wifi, it's a little odd (and not just because of how bad we are).

Archived