IGNORED

Whatever Happened To Those Heroes?

Eddie Hitler

Oh yeah. When you going to pay us a visit again?I miss those drunken ramblings

ha ha.

Some reason ziderheads wouldn't let us in so I got nestled back in over here.

Needless to say the great man did sort us a new password but I'm a creature of habit.

Will be back spouting crap on ZH anytime soon.

It's not like you to show such signs of affection. Had a tipple/mandy Mr hair?

I used to post on the rivals forum as "lrjd" back in its heyday around 10 years ago. Names I remember:

Redhero (only ever used to post when we lost, was incredibly negative)

Madmaxx (once picked up a match ticket for me when I couldnt get to the gate, sound guy!)

B1ackbird

Madger

Nibor

RobF

Red goblin

Swingas (your typical bitter and illiterate gashead)

Greengob & Argyle_Ive (a pair of tedious Plymouth trolls)

Armchair blue (an elderly and disabled cardiff fan who ran their rivals website and would often pop over for a troll.. He was a very odd character)

Sound some amazing characters! I was talkingto a rrelatively tame sag about our colour full fans like stone and spike and asked him if the gazy had anyone similar! he couldn't think of anyone then another city fan mentioned Oscar the rather challenged guy who, used to,sell programmes at eastville, does anybody remember him?

Dollymarie - fun and lively, now remote mod presence on here, great in her heyday

for banter, still on OTIB

Thank you. I had to become boring and sensible, partly due to becoming a mod, but mainly due to being a board member of the SC&T.

I went in the classics forum the other day for a laugh. Was half expecting someone to bring up the "transfer of Dolly to the g*s" thread in the build up to our game with them. Reading it made me laugh, a lot. Those were the days. :D

TomF was Tomarse? Also Godzilla went into radio, I've used many different names on this forum, but lost passwords, no internet for awhile and losing love for the game etc, plus I prob talked massive amount of balls too

Yeah TomF/Tomarse, they're the same person right? Was he the forum creator/ one of the first mods, or did I make that up?

I used to post on the rivals forum as "lrjd" back in its heyday around 10 years ago. Names I remember:

Madmaxx (once picked up a match ticket for me when I couldnt get to the gate, sound guy!)

B1ackbird

Madger

Nibor

RobF

Red goblin

Armchair blue (an elderly and disabled cardiff fan who ran their rivals website and would often pop over for a troll.. He was a very odd character)

I remember you from the rivals.net days - I was CamRed on there

Some right blasts from the past on here

Someone must know MaloneFM, surely? Bit saddened if rumours of his demise are true

What about SC_Red, I know he wound a few up, but he wasn't often wrong. Cheshire Red is still on here now and then, not often enough though. And what about the recently departed NTTDS

Dr Faustas was always good for a laugh, think KMH mentioned him

And what about the recently departed NTTDS

[\quote]

First person to mention NTTDS - surely one of the greatest of this Internet forum generation - i will tell my kids about this guy,a true city fan home and away,and very considerate re replaying the goals during the time when highlights were only available to the sky dished few

ha ha.

Some reason ziderheads wouldn't let us in so I got nestled back in over here.

Needless to say the great man did sort us a new password but I'm a creature of habit.

Will be back spouting crap on ZH anytime soon.

It's not like you to show such signs of affection. Had a tipple/mandy Mr hair?

I have me moments, you ( insert expletive )

The person I miss most from the early days is Edson, a smart and witty poster. He could write a long articulate piece or he could come up with a withering one liner when required.

I don't miss him. Smart yes, but an arrogant tosser if you didn't agree with him. Would always mention how smart he was as he was a solicitor or something like that (if I've got the right bloke).

Pretty sure Rob Fernandez was at Uni when the original Net Centre was formed. Was the best ever City site IMHO. It's was never as good when moving to Rivals. Pretty sure that after Rob F graduated and started working that the demands from the teat of capitalism were too great on his time. Pretty sure a couple of other posters took over but it was never the same and eventually suffered from bit rot.

It's already been mentioned that red_hero was without fail the first to post after a loss. Negative beyond belief. Also I do remember lrjd well. Also Baldock_Red is a name I remember, Red_Goblin went through a period of bringing Cromwell into every discussion.

I reckon I probably produced no paid output for 3 or 4 months solid at one time because I was on the net centre constantly.

Happy Days.

B1ackbird

Madger

Nibor

RobF

Red goblin

Bringing back some funny characters there! I used to post on Rivals as Scraggabenz, decent forum that back in the day.

Pretty sure Rob Fernandez was at Uni when the original Net Centre was formed. Was the best ever City site IMHO. It's was never as good when moving to Rivals. Pretty sure that after Rob F graduated and started working that the demands from the teat of capitalism were too great on his time. Pretty sure a couple of other posters took over but it was never the same and eventually suffered from bit rot.

It's already been mentioned that red_hero was without fail the first to post after a loss. Negative beyond belief. Also I do remember lrjd well. Also Baldock_Red is a name I remember, Red_Goblin went through a period of bringing Cromwell into every discussion.

I reckon I probably produced no paid output for 3 or 4 months solid at one time because I was on the net centre constantly.

Happy Days.

The Net Centre was great in having decent content as well as a lively forum, I can't think of another City forum that has so well combined the two. All down to Rob's work. These days most sites have more admins and mods than you can shake a stick at but he did it all himself (I think), a lot of sites back then were one man (or woman) bands.

I missed the demise of the site as I moved and didn't bother to get the internet set up at my new place (it wasn't seen as the essential it is these days) for well over a year, and when I was online again it had gone :(

Rivals net was a great idea as it picked the best forum for each club (well before OTIB, subbers, Ziderheads) and joined them all together so you could pop over to any other team for a bit of chat without needing to do a separate registration. It was a real shame that it went.

I don't miss him. Smart yes, but an arrogant tosser if you didn't agree with him. Would always mention how smart he was as he was a solicitor or something like that (if I've got the right bloke).

Journalist isn't he? He's on twitter, I don't follow him, but see some of his stuff getting retweeted

He's very quick on the old putdowns....some I find really funny, some I find incredibly tedious. Can't win them all I guess

Archived