IGNORED

Whatever Happened To Those Heroes?

Eddie Hitler

Indeed, Rivals net was superb. When the BCFC Rivals was quiet you could go over and wind up the Gas - and get banned from there. :P I don't know if anyone else read the Millwall Rivals message board but they were really open about what they were getting up to.

Rivals was brill ! Wasn't that the first sighting of the "POP" thread ? I had regular "fisticuffs" (under my previous non de plume of Mrs Levinson) with Phil Mitchell who may also have been Dr Faustus .

Blimey, what makes you think this? I know he liked a Pimms!

ashtonyate (Mike) was a great guy, yet he got a lot of grief on here because he was always up-front with his opinions, and some used to pick holes in his posts as his spelling wasn't perfect.

But he was spot-on about the academy!

He joked about being a urine-stained geriatric, posted consistentlly over a long period and then vanished off of the face of the planet, so to speak. So just putting 2and 2 together.

AY was dyslexic (for which I can relate) but seemed, like my Grandad, to come from an era of more primative education. He appeared to struggle to express himself or argue a case effectively. He certainly lacked tact so was always going to be a target for the mob for which I felt guilty after his passing.

Rivals was brill ! Wasn't that the first sighting of the "POP" thread ? I had regular "fisticuffs" (under my previous non de plume of Mrs Levinson) with Phil Mitchell who may also have been Dr Faustus .

Mrs Levinson! **** there's a name from the past.

This does touch on a bugbear of mine - people changing their names. Ok I have in a minor way (EddieH, Eddie Hitler, Chopper Hitler, Edward Elizabeth Hitler) but all still recognisably me.

I have found from this thread that many I thought long gone are still about. Maybe McCoy is still around here, although his formal end of season departure when Tony Fawthrop was made manager seemed fairly final.

Rob Fernandes and his Rivals site was an absolute legend, who remembers the players (including Tin Man) coming on to post on there whilst Pulis was in charge, complaining about what a turnip he (Penis) was and how they wanted us to get behind them?

Recall that Rob was running the site in his spare time whilst doing his degree - he got a Desmond, IIRC, don't know what happened after that. Wasn't he of Portuguese extraction? I recall him hating the (utterly vile) special kit we wore for the JPT/FRT/AWT/**** trophy final against Stoke 'cos it looked like Spain's kit :D

Blimey! So you were Mrs Levinson!

I was just me.

I recall you being a lot more argumentative back in those days, Slarti!

Rob Fernandes and his Rivals site was an absolute legend, who remembers the players (including Tin Man) coming on to post on there whilst Pulis was in charge, complaining about what a turnip he (Penis) was and how they wanted us to get behind them?

Recall that Rob was running the site in his spare time whilst doing his degree - he got a Desmond, IIRC, don't know what happened after that. Wasn't he of Portuguese extraction? I recall him hating the (utterly vile) special kit we wore for the JPT/FRT/AWT/**** trophy final against Stoke 'cos it looked like Spain's kit :D

I'd forgotten that. It's great when you get that sort of interaction. Steve on here, Peter Fox used to post on Exeweb when he was manager, and when the Libertines were going the band used to join in discussions on their forum.

I suppose it still happens but it's all Twitter now and I haven't joined that.

Caldicot Red, later known as Harry May, was a good poster on the Net Centre, pre & post Rivals net. Longsince retired from here (though presumably not from BCFC).

I occasionally see Kustard, who still goes to City, but gave up on the forums years ago due to their apparent paddictiveness.

Thanks for the large font (no pun intended ! )

I remember Tinman posting and Scott Murray and Scott Davidson. There was a real sense of togetherness and harmony on the net centre when Pulis was in charge. There was no disagreement because we all were united in hating his guts. I seem to recall that the official club forum was closed for a while because somebody posted a death threat against Pulis and the Police were called in. The Police had no chance as virtually every City fan that ever existed wished Pulis was dead. During that time of the official site being shut down, the posters there started posting on the net centre.

Benny Lennartsson's era was reasonably well covered on the forums. It was well commented that Benny threw his cap into the crowd at the end of each game we won. I was never sure whether that was meant as a gift or a punishment as I'd be reluctant to place one of his used caps on my head prior to a 80 degree wash. Suffice to say that Benny's tenure did not bankrupt him due to the number of caps he gave away and he took a crate full back from whence he came.

Another name from the past who was a regular poster was Tinnions_Right_Leg.

T'was a good time, Cardiff were turning a corner, half way up the 4th division, the gas were gobbing on Holloway and we were singing... 'with a packet of sweets and a wobbly smile ......'s a ...... p........

It would be amazing if we could turn that same corner that Cardiff turned. :P I remember the Gas being well clear at the top of Div 1 and flying high - then came "10 games and you F**ked it up !!!!!!".

I believe that Malone FM was banned a few years ago.

Then there was Bristol Boy (Ian) and his in-depth match reports, still calls Twentyman after matches, not sure if he was banned or walked away.

Percy Parrott, Mark.S.Cal? and I will never forget some Scouse joker who had a number of names such as Billy Mercer's Gloves, Billy Mercer's Right Arm etc.

custard, Palmers Green Red, Norton Red

Ted Pitman, whatever became of him :cool: oh right!

"All the Shakespearos"

Lots of old names from the past there ... also those screenshots bring back memories, as did the cracking atmosphere when beating the Gas last week!

Old timers like me haven't got the stamina for these long debates anymore, so tend to just view as a guest! This can be my message for the year!

Up the City

PGR

There has been some quality posters on OTIB

On a personal note I had loads rows with many but all good stuff in the end

The older lads were very knowledgable, none better than Bristol Boy (Ian Gay) and boy could he stir up a hornets nest!!!

Red Goblin is a legend. Met the fella a couple if times and right nice lad, and his rants are famous!

One real decent man who has taken the wrath from loads is Robbored. You can hit him with what you want but that chap has City blood in his veins, I promise you that!

It's difficult for us "old unnes" to communicate with the young lads on here because they really have no long term experience of the football club and what we have been through.

To be honest though all if them have the club at heart and that's what really matters.

For me, I've been on here to long and even the 10,000 post is made I shall be off

Enjoyed the time unbeliveably, but time to take a back seat and nose in from time to time.

Red Goblin is a legend. Met the fella a couple if times and right nice lad, and his rants are famous!

That's very kind of you Sir. :clapping:

To me, it's been 33 long years since we all last saw the Redzzzz of Bristol compete in the top tier of English football. I'm saddened to have seen the likes of Reading, Stoke, Cardiff, Swansea, Wigan and Millwall all fly past us and make the promised land of top flight football. All those afore mentioned clubs were Div 1 or below at the time of the Rob Fernandez's BCFC Net Centre. Bristol City FC's top flight days will come again - hopefully in our lifetimes. ;)

That's very kind of you Sir. :clapping:

To me, it's been 33 long years since we all last saw the Redzzzz of Bristol compete in the top tier of English football. I'm saddened to have seen the likes of Reading, Stoke, Cardiff, Swansea, Wigan and Millwall all fly past us and make the promised land of top flight football. All those afore mentioned clubs were Div 1 or below at the time of the Rob Fernandez's BCFC Net Centre. Bristol City FC's top flight days will come again - hopefully in our lifetimes. ;)

Nice one Gobbers. Keep in touch fella

Archived