IGNORED

Did I Just Hear Sod Right?

OneManMob

You need it spelling out?

Okay

1. 6 years at Bournemouth, including promotion. Got them playing football. Had no money to spend

2. Went to Doncaster. In his first season he won the LDV. Second season got them promoted to the Championship

3. In the Championship he finished mid table in his first season. Again with limited funds. Turned Doncaster into a mid table team for next 2 seasons with little money. Eventually it didn't work out for him after a lot of injuries dissipated is team.

4. Went to Forest and had to sign a brand new squad. Unlucky to be sacked and fans liked him

5. Joined Bristol City and had to completely change the squad and cut wage bill by over 50%. Club decided to go down the youth route and average age of team is less than 24. Despite that SOD is installing a passing philosophy which will take time

WILL TAKE TIME....read it slowly. Not 7 games. Serious time.

Don't bother. We're Bristol City and we should be winning the league easy with our super fan base and everything.

This is only 24-year-old Flint's second season at this level. Now he's the "senior centre half"

Marlon Pack (22) playing for the first time at L1 level.

People forget JET is only 22, Scott Wagstaff 23.

Yes they've played at a higher level but they haven't had to carry a team like this before.

Just stop moaning and start being a supporter. Enjoy watching these kids get better, which they will if we give them a chance instead of booing and barracking them.

Spot on, SOD is true to his word said it would be tough and it is

He said something along the lines that we looked better when Bobby Reid came on and fans saying he should have started, but he couldn't have started him as he didn't know what sort of game he would get from him. Then he said something about not wanting to chop and change the team around?

He also said something at the start of the interview about the fans expecting failure which rubs off onto the players, (so we basically get failure).

But didn't we expect success at the start of the season?

I'm confused now - are we supposed to expect success or failure?

As a dumb City supporter I can cheer for either providing I'm told what to do.

Okay

1. 6 years at Bournemouth, including promotion. Got them playing football. Had no money to spend

2. Went to Doncaster. In his first season he won the LDV. Second season got them promoted to the Championship

3. In the Championship he finished mid table in his first season. Again with limited funds. Turned Doncaster into a mid table team for next 2 seasons with little money. Eventually it didn't work out for him after a lot of injuries dissipated is team.

4. Went to Forest and had to sign a brand new squad. Unlucky to be sacked and fans liked him

5. Joined Bristol City and had to completely change the squad and cut wage bill by over 50%. Club decided to go down the youth route and average age of team is less than 24. Despite that SOD is installing a passing philosophy which will take time

Good post, this is spot on.

Cant argue with facts.

Who would you suggest?

To galvanise fans, to create an identity, to create a backbone, to create atmosphere, to raise profile, to get us playing decent football, someone who would love the job (I'd imagine), someone who understands pressure, someone who connects with fans...

I detest the bloke as opposition and think he's a complete COLIN, but I'd bloody love (for now) Neil Warnock in the dug out.

This is only 24-year-old Flint's second season at this level. Now he's the "senior centre half"

Marlon Pack (22) playing for the first time at L1 level.

People forget JET is only 22, Scott Wagstaff 23.

Yes they've played at a higher level but they haven't had to carry a team like this before.

Just stop moaning and start being a supporter. Enjoy watching these kids get better, which they will if we give them a chance instead of booing and barracking them.

Sorry but my context of a KID is very much different to yours.

Since his comments after the rovers game I have lost respect for this man. He seems totally out of touch with the fans. I can't believe how wrong things are going on and off the pitch at the moment- pre season filled everyone with so much optimism!

Perhaps,just perhaps, he's trying to explain to our fans,that getting on the backs of the players every time we concede a goal will never ever bring success to any Bristol City team!

People are starting to dislike him because he's so spikey, completely uninterested in engaging with supporters and would rather critise the loyal home supporters who haven't seen a league win or league clean sheet for some time, that his own confused tactics.

+1

19 league games without a win. Last win at home was 6 months ago. Last away win was dec 2012.

Okay

At last someone talking sense not spouting reactive nonsense.

There is no quick fix for this. We can't spend any money. We are starting from scratch. It's going to hurt. But if we stick together and encourage not discourage our players we might just get there quicker.

It's no coincidence our performances are getting edgier by the week. The confidence is sapping out of these players.

What's the alternative? Sack SO'D? Have another manager trying to remodel another squad? Over spending got us into this pickle.

of course as if the moans of a crowd can affect a team of kids, oh hang on a minute they have in excess of 1800 appearances between this starting 11, where are all these kids, being talked of?

Summed up perfectly by two blokes in the Dolman slating Harewood for playing a poor ball when he wasn't even on the field.

He says what he thinks.

And as a football manager, that is a really bad idea!

Something along the lines of 'pleased how we battled in the second half, it really encouraged the players when the crowd got behind them after it went 1-1. Everyone is frustrated the win is taking so long in coming, and I do understand the frustration from the fans. I can only ask for patience, I know it is going to take a little time, but them getting behind the team really does make a great difference'

He is increasingly hard to warm to.

Focus is on youth. It might take 2-4 years for this to come off. If we add 3/4 quality young players each off season, plus sort te academy out I have faith it will work, but might be pain for the next two.

He's signed JET, wagstaff, pack, flint, Williams, fielding, wynter and the lad from forest - then before that Maloney. All are under 25. Add baldock, Cunningham and kelly - again all under 25, plus reid, taylor, burns and bryan. All have potential. All will take time to get better. If they were the finished product we wouldn't of got these players in the first place.

Keep the faith.

what I don't understand is why it took till 85 minute before we started playing? I know Bobby Reid and Harewood came on, but it was like a switch had been turned on and we suddenly had more energy and started running. If we had played like that from the start we could have beaten Shrewsbury

Facts are an overall win ratio of 35% and that is considerably less with BCFC.

Cant argue with that either. Oh boy this is gonna be fun for months to come with the Pro and Anti S'OD fans.. lets hope we can start winning very soon.

Just out of interest to the supporters who don't want SO'D here who would you want as manager? I seen Uncle Colin mentioned, I wouldn't welcome that appointment myself but hey.

He should know these sort of comments will piss off a lot of fans.

Surely any manager worth his salt should be able to get a team playing his own way regardless of fans reaction (many of whom are uneducated on the game.)

On another note we're appoaching 20 league games without a win which is ******* disgraceful under any circumstances.

Can't see where the win is coming from at this rate.

Okay

Top post.

He is here for the long run and I am confident he will be sucessful. We have been unlucky at times this season and some games we should have won but we are a young squad always learning. We cant keep making the same mistakes year after year

So basically if you disagree with anything SOD says or thinks you are a moron, stupid idiot, who knows absolutely nothing about football.

Seems that way a lot of the time on here. We have to lie down and accept bad results (4pts this season truly pathetic) because we're a 'work in progress'.

Wether the focus on youth will be successful or not, wether we were dreadful tonight or not are irrelevant to me with regards to SOD. Slagging the supporters off publicly, be they right or wrong, is plain daft. As mentioned above, criticising the support will only end one way IMHO.

I would be interested to hear our CEO's comments re his Manager slagging off his paying customers.

Okay

Please, I have not been antagonistic and do not need patronising. I asked a reasonable question and deserve respect in the least.

Turning to your points each of those jobs that you pointed to I would suggest are not of the same pressure as this job. I'd also suggest they are not the same dismantle and rebuild job that was needed here.

Re notts forest I agree he seemed hard done by. BUT the big difference there was he dismantled the team with a large budget. Here he is dismantling with a stripping budget. Expectations were high at Forest because he spent. Expectations here are/were not high. I do not think mid table, if lucky play-off contention is a big ask for the core that he has and signed.

Turning to the rebuild job... I'd have more confidence if defence was at all rectified. Instead he brought a fullback in on loan to cover centre back and signed Flint alone. Tonight he reverted that player (O Conner - someone he knew) to his natural position and put in the youngster who was billed as one for tomorrow not today.

In doing so he dropped a player he knew (Moloney).

Cunningham has regressed incredibly under his leadership.

He told us square pegs in square holes. Is baldock a lone striker feeding of long balls this? Is Wynter right wing this? Is O'Conner cb this? Is Bryan cm this? - all as lamentable as Pitman on the left-wing!!!

Has the football improved or shown signs of improving, or is it like watching a team sideways or backward pass and hoof - something we have seen for years.

Do I trust someone who comes out and says Neil Kilkenny is a player he wanted to sign, and subsequently subs at half-time? - although I'm happy with the outcome.

There are plenty of question marks thus far and there are few signs of progress... Has there even been a goal in which JET wasn't instrumental? Glad he brought the boy in, because without him and almost him alone I think we'd be pointless and out of both cups. I see huge cracks and little paper.

Archived