IGNORED

Colchester 5 Or 6

dilligaf

But it was BCFC official tweet, Eco.

He could have answered it more thoughtfully and in a way that did not sound like he thought City fans were morons, by saying something along the lines of: "Well, there are no teams in this division we can take for granted and Colchester are likely to be a lot tougher than some fans think."

We've given up expecting any sort of inspiration from him, but at least he could tone down the apparent disdain.

I wasn't referring to the tweet R-R, Mendip Red was complaining that there isn't much variety in Sean's interviews.

Latest news: City bring in new loan signing from Southampton. It's that bloke that stands next to Saints' Argy boss (who pretends he no speak Ingles, senor), translating. He will tell us what Sean meant to say. If he wasn't SO rude. And grumpy. Not sure if the new loan signing is under 24. Pretty sure he's not 5. Or 6.

More news to follow

No truth in the rumour that the club's head coach will be driving around the city tomorrow, asking for season tickets back from pesky supporters anticipating a win anytime soon. He's too busy, sorting out the panic in the AG PR dept. They're at "sixes and sevens" at the moment. Sean to reduce this to six. Or five.

Right now the last thing SO'D needs is someone paraphrasing his words in under 140 characters.

I understand that some people have lost patience with him and don't like him but for the good of the Club can we try and understand the point he's making? He's talking about the fact that many City fans feel we should be winning these games comfortably, not that the team's performances indicate we are about to do so. The following quotes in this thread all underline exactly the point he's making. The views quoted are all valid and honest and in some respects reflect my own views. I think we should be beating teams like Colchester too but I promise not to take that expectation with me on Saturday and to support the team throughout the 90 minutes whatever the score.

Against a backdrop of us thinking we ought to win comfortably he knows that some in the crowd will be on the team's back if we're not 1 up in the first 20 minutes. Colchester will know that too and will be all out for a good start in the sure knowledge that factions in our crowd will make it difficult for our team in that event.

I don't personally see his comments as a criticism of our fan base and I've heard SO'D say that we're no different to any other set of fans in these circumstances. Talking about it pre-match probably isn't going to change anything either but I can't blame him for trying to encourage as many supporters as possible to give 100% backing for his newly assembled young team with fragile confidence. I always felt that the turning point in Gary Johnson's reign was near the end of that history making losing streak when the crowd finally changed tack from criticising and instead sang as one. Unfortunately I don't see any appetite in supporters to do that at the moment - I think we're still firmly in arms folded, head shaking mood.

The thing is; we should be beating teams like Colchester.

We probably won't because we've been dire so far this season, but the fact remains we should.

If we turn up it should be a very very easy victory, The amount of natural talent we have in our squad is enough to demolish most teams in this league

On Paper it would be an easy victory as we have a much much stronger team, Basically What Sod but in much less words

We should be capable of beating Colchester at home. I'd be upset if this didn't happen.

exactly how can anyone question fans ambition against a very sub standard team....simple fact is with the players we have we should be beating Colchester comfortably in my opinion

SOD is playing mind games because he knows if results don't pick up he will be under a lot of pressure...

I think SOD is playing out of his mind games, Twitter, what a plonker going on there in the first palce, its for mugs.

As for the pressure I think its getting to him already, knocking the fans, tounge in cheek or not when his record at BCFC

is so dismal is just plain stupid. Best he keeps quite for a while and concentrates his efforts on that elusive first win.

Time for Sod could be running out.

What a bonkers thread. Anyone offended by SODs comment needs to get a grip.

Absolutely. And when number of league wins catches up with managerial verbal gaffes/ own goals, I might be distracted sufficiently to stop laughing. Until then, this is about the only fun going.

Traditionally, when starting a job, the newcomer devotes a little time to ingratiating themselves with the existing workforce. You know, laughing at piss poor jokes, listening to dreary, tiresome accounts of the minutiae of people's lives, that sort of thing. Then you can start being rude to people.

I think SOD is playing out of his mind games, Twitter, what a plonker going on there in the first palce, its for mugs.

As for the pressure I think its getting to him already, knocking the fans, tounge in cheek or not when his record at BCFC

is so dismal is just plain stupid. Best he keeps quite for a while and concentrates his efforts on that elusive first win.

He's not on Twitter !!!!!

You have not taken the time to read the rest of this thread, SOD is not on twitter, it was a BCFC tweet of a couple of lines of his interview that is available on player

Which taken by itself does not reflect the inference of what was said. If any one, perhaps Adam Baker who I suspect wrote the tweet should have been more thoughtful

You have not taken the time to read the rest of this thread, SOD is not on twitter, it was a BCFC tweet of a couple of lines of his interview that is available on player

Which taken by itself does not reflect the inference of what was said. If any one, perhaps Adam Baker who I suspect wrote the tweet should have been more thoughtful

If you had the painful job of interviewing him and dealing with his, at times, downright rude responses would you be overly careful about portraying him in the best possible light?

If you had the painful job of interviewing him and dealing with his, at times, downright rude responses would you be overly careful about portraying him in the best possible light?

I take your point and don't disagree as he does appear to be irritated at times and not appreciate some of the questions, but if it was Adam that put the remark in to cyber space, then as much frustration and difficult time he gets from the manager he still represents the club and has a responsibility to it.

But equally it could have seemed an innocent sound bite that would not result in having the glum few on hear calling foul and making a big deal out of nothing, especially without hearing and understanding the context

I take your point and don't disagree as he does appear to be irritated at times and not appreciate some of the questions, but if it was Adam that put the remark in to cyber space, then as much frustration and difficult time he gets from the manager he still represents the club and has a responsibility to it.

But equally it could have seemed an innocent sound bite that would not result in having the glum few on hear calling foul and making a big deal out of nothing, especially without hearing and understanding the context

Yeah don't get me wrong - it's something SOD and its an innocent sound bite, I'm sure.

I've listened to a few of his interviews where he's been nothing short of rude to the interviewer and thought "I'd hate it if anyone spoke to me like that". Sometimes interviewers ask irrelevant or basic questions but that's no reason not to be polite. I doubt they have but I wouldn't blame them for taking an opportunity to have a little pop back at him.

Anyway lets beat Real Essex on Saturday and give the miserable SOD something to be cheerful about!! (I can't remember what he's like when we win.... Cartwheels and punching the air I think!)

Of course he can change the way people think. What a stupid response to my comment.

You're right. On the opening day, I was thinking, "this feels good. I'm quite looking forward to this season." Now, I'm thinking different thoughts. Mostly, about the foot-in-mouth own goals, but also, "when will we beat someone" and "we won't go down again, will we?"

There were almost 13, 000 of us that first day. There won't be this Saturday. The stay-away fans have clearly changed their thinking. And the head coach has played a part in all this.

I've worked out his pre match style now.

He sets himself up to divert all blame in the event we don't actually play well.

This is a hard game.

The players lack confidence.

We're in for a fight.

We're in for a tough season.

Don't expect anything.

Fans expect us to win 5-0.

Blah blah. It just means he plays down all expectations to cover the fact he might suck at his current job.

I agree Dez he's trying to manage our expectations and after 250 games without a win I think he 's playing a very clever psychological game with us...

I've now concluded that 4-0 will be just fine and I'll have no complaints if we fail to do better than that.

I don't know if I'm one of the 'glum few' but I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it. Just saying it was ill thought out - like many of his pronouncement on fans. He needs protecting from his own mouth really.

The local paper here in East Anglia says Colchester have 11 (yes, eleven) players unavailable through injury or suspension. Now or never for that first win?

True, but they've also just signed 4 players on loan - 2 from the PL - and are happy enough with the strength of their squad to send one out on loan to Rovers.

Frankly with the way we are playing we should not be expecting to beat ANY team in the league, let alone by 5 or 6 goals.

4 Points - sorry but that is disgraceful.

SOD is making these comments because he is feeling the pressure, blaming fan expectation is a dangerous path to take.

Some fans are remaining positive about our 'improving form' I am not to be honest.

Because our 'form' is not improving.

I support SOD, but he should say less and produce more on the pitch.

More of the same old and we will be in a relegation scrap before we know it.

Archived