IGNORED

Colchester 5 Or 6

dilligaf

Oh dear, think the point he's making is like Shrewsbury, some fans will think we've got a god given right to turn up and win just because it's Colchester. I'm sure SOD doesn't actually think we think we should be winning 5 or 6 nil but that some of us will think it's an "easy" game.

i would like just one person on this forum who thinks it will be easy to raise a hand, i wont hold my breath.

SOD is right, of course. There are a lot of people who pay little attention to the detail of where we currently are in the transition process, look at the name Colchester, without even thinking about whether they can actually play the game, and EXPECT city to win easily. These are the same people that want results regardless of performances.

Not all of those at AG on Sat will be be as clued-up as the posters on OTIB.

People are blowing things out of proportion as per usual, if you watch the interview he is saying that he has to manage expectations, and that people think because we are a big city football club we should in theory be beating teams like them. Infact he actually says we are right, but we are not at where we want to be yet, I understand peoples frustrations because we haven't won yet, but it will come and we will do well for so'ds methods in years to come. Enough of the negativity already.

It's a silly thing for O'Driscoll to say. I don't know anyone who thinks we'll win any game this season by 5 or 6 goals. Our 'expectations' have already been managed downwards, in quite a brutal way, by witnessing a continuing winless run.

Still, it's only twitter. But I can't help thinking the club could help its PR a bit by turning O'Driscoll's volume down even further: Until it's totally muted.

Maybe someone else ought to do pre and post match interviews?

i think he's right. A lot of people were expecting us to beat Shrewsbury comfortably so why is Colchester any different?

5 or 6 is a bit OTT but he's right in the fact that a lot of fans think we have some sort of given right to beat the Colchester's/ Port Vale's/Carlisle's of the league

i think he's right. A lot of people were expecting us to beat Shrewsbury comfortably so why is Colchester any different?

5 or 6 is a bit OTT but he's right in the fact that a lot of fans think we have some sort of given right to beat the Colchester's/ Port Vale's/Carlisle's of the league

Not any fans who've watched our performances, Pete....

@bcfctweets: SO'D: "Colchester are a team everyone in the city will think we should beat by five or six. I can't change that."

Um just seen this on twitter! Any city fans actually feel this confident? I certainly don't.

Well, he has changed that because if you read around and listen to those around you no-one has these kind of expectations or thoughts.

For a man lauded as intelligent I think that is a very unintelligent, throwaway and somewhat antagonistic comment. Either very ill-advised from him, or a very, very dodgy soundbite to highlight.

I try to reserve judgment until hearing the whole interview because it could be very much so taken out of content.

However, in my opinion that is ridiculous tweet that does him and the club no favours. It is not hard to take that at face value and believe he is taking a dig at the fans (once again) and will further alienate him from some quarters of the crowd. That is the sort of headline a journo with a hidden agenda would be looking for and is not something the club should be picking up and headlining.

The thing is; we should be beating teams like Colchester.

We probably won't because we've been dire so far this season, but the fact remains we should.

Yeah, the only daft thing he's said is the "5or 6" bit. If he'd left it at "beat" or "beat 1 or 2" then he'd be spot on. Most fans would think beating Colchester should be realistic (and they'd be right) but that wouldn't help him deflect attention/pressure from him or his team (which I don't blame him for doing).

As it goes, I've got a feeling we will finally win.

It's a rather stupid comment to make.

After years of a downward spiral I don't believe any fan thinks we should beat even Mangotsfield by 5 or 6.

He's clearly not yet understood the utter shambles this club has been in the years that preceded him.

He's just going to annoy fans.

If we turn up it should be a very very easy victory, The amount of natural talent we have in our squad is enough to demolish most teams in this league

So far our players haven't played consistently, The thing that has let us down is switching off at the back,

On Paper it would be an easy victory as we have a much much stronger team, Basically What Sod but in much less words

Jesus, I'm sure if he said "I've told the team a million times they need to focus on x", people on here would be saying "I can't believe he's wasted so much time telling people something a million times....that's ridiculous - SOD OUT".

It's a point he's making and it's paraphrased into a 140 character quote.

It's a shame he's lost so many of the fan base - I swear we could win every game from now until the end of the season and some people will still find something about him to moan about.

Well, he has changed that because if you read around and listen to those around you no-one has these kind of expectations or thoughts.

For a man lauded as intelligent I think that is a very unintelligent, throwaway and somewhat antagonistic comment. Either very ill-advised from him, or a very, very dodgy soundbite to highlight.

I try to reserve judgment until hearing the whole interview because it could be very much so taken out of content.

However, in my opinion that is ridiculous tweet that does him and the club no favours. It is not hard to take that at face value and believe he is taking a dig at the fans (once again) and will further alienate him from some quarters of the crowd. That is the sort of headline a journo with a hidden agenda would be looking for and is not something the club should be picking up and headlining.

Agree with all of your comments, however, there is another explanation for what he said.... He's bang under pressure, feeling the heat and running out of ideas.

If its not that then he's arrogant, in denial and going out of his way to antagonise the fans.

I hope it's the former.

If we scored 6 the G*s would be able to count them on one hand......

As for the comment, I'm getting a little worried about SOD - as others have said I can't remember a time I thought we'd win by that many, except maybe St Albans, Kingstonian, Harrogate Railway, Heybridge Swifts etc in the Cup. Very odd thing to say. He should spend some time on here, not many are expecting a win, let alone a thumping

Agree with all of your comments, however, there is another explanation for what he said.... He's bang under pressure, feeling the heat and running out of ideas.

If its not that then he's arrogant, in denial and going out of his way to antagonise the fans.

I hope it's the former.

i think the only way to sum up SO'D in a simple way is that he is very, very stubborn

Jesus, I'm sure if he said "I've told the team a million times they need to focus on x", people on here would be saying "I can't believe he's wasted so much time telling people something a million times....that's ridiculous - SOD OUT".

It's a point he's making and it's paraphrased into a 140 character quote.

It's a shame he's lost so many of the fan base - I swear we could win every game from now until the end of the season and some people will still find something about him to moan about.

I make it 6 or 7 people on here who've over-reacted to what's so painfully obviously a tongue-in-cheek remark. People get far too excited what's said on OTIB is representative of the whole fan base when in actual fact it's only a tiny percentage. I agree with you though, those people who don't get him will use any stick to beat him with. I wonder if we get promoted playing like Donny with a team including a load of our own kids if those people will still moan about his personality.

Archived