IGNORED

Colchester 5 Or 6

dilligaf

I've never liked SOD as a person but have always respected him as a manager but lately he's really beginning to annoy the hell out of me! No one in there right mind would expect us to beat any team by 5 or 6. As fans we hope for a win and at home we can expect an attacking game where we go out and try to win, I think that goes for most teams in the league but he can't tell us how to think or what to say, that's a bit judgemental from him.

Every interview from him annoys me in some way and this and the rovers game tops it, I'm just going to try not to read or listen to his interviews any more! He needs to concentrate on improving the team and doing his job. The team has already fallen below expectations so he can't keep coming out with excuses as people are getting fed up with his nonsense.

I've never liked SOD as a person but have always respected him as a manager but lately he's really beginning to annoy the hell out of me! No one in there right mind would expect us to beat any team by 5 or 6. As fans we hope for a win and at home we can expect an attacking game where we go out and try to win, I think that goes for most teams in the league but he can't tell us how to think or what to say, that's a bit judgemental from him.

Every interview from him annoys me in some way and this and the rovers game tops it, I'm just going to try not to read or listen to his interviews any more! He needs to concentrate on improving the team and doing his job. The team has already fallen below expectations so he can't keep coming out with excuses as people are getting fed up with his nonsense.

And me. He's turning into a right nause.

As it's a "bite size" comment according to the Club site, why bother to include it? It's a stupid comment in itself. No one who has been watching this team since SOD took over would expect a 5 or 6 goal win. The vast majority I suspect would be happy with any sort of league win.

Seems a bit of an odd fellow regarding some of the comments he comes out with, Which is irrelevant of course if we are making progress, but not much evidence of that yet in terms of games won.

Nothing that a 6-0 win won't put right though. ;)

i think he's right. A lot of people were expecting us to beat Shrewsbury comfortably so why is Colchester any different?

5 or 6 is a bit OTT but he's right in the fact that a lot of fans think we have some sort of given right to beat the Colchester's/ Port Vale's/Carlisle's of the league

im sorry ive seen a lot of your posts lately where you are questioning the ambition of our fan base and suggesting that the problem with Bristol City is the fans and to be honest its very patronising,

Yes i do expect City to beat Shrewsbury yes i do expect City to beat Colchester, no i dont expect by 5 or 6, but i expect from a team with significantly more championship experience and a so called excellent manager who have spent the last 6 seasons in the championship to put in more dominant performances against the smaller clubs who are expected to struggle.

The problem with this club and some of its fans is the acceptance of mediocrity.....there were some on here this time last year who were saying that Sam Baldock was the best striker in the championship and much better than maynard, well he is still here so why isnt he tearing these teams apart.

Im sorry we have a significantly higher wage bill than the likes of shrewsbury and colchester have invested in the summer in good championshiop players and to be honest i would suggest the vast majority while not calling for SOD's head expect much much more from this squad at the moment.

im sorry ive seen a lot of your posts lately where you are questioning the ambition of our fan base and suggesting that the problem with Bristol City is the fans and to be honest its very patronising,

Yes i do expect City to beat Shrewsbury yes i do expect City to beat Colchester, no i dont expect by 5 or 6, but i expect from a team with significantly more championship experience and a so called excellent manager who have spent the last 6 seasons in the championship to put in more dominant performances against the smaller clubs who are expected to struggle.

The problem with this club and some of its fans is the acceptance of mediocrity.....there were some on here this time last year who were saying that Sam Baldock was the best striker in the championship and much better than maynard, well he is still here so why isnt he tearing these teams apart.

Im sorry we have a significantly higher wage bill than the likes of shrewsbury and colchester have invested in the summer in good championshiop players and to be honest i would suggest the vast majority while not calling for SOD's head expect much much more from this squad at the moment.

Nice one - agree with all of that

I've worked out his pre match style now.

He sets himself up to divert all blame in the event we don't actually play well.

This is a hard game.

The players lack confidence.

We're in for a fight.

We're in for a tough season.

Don't expect anything.

Fans expect us to win 5-0.

Blah blah. It just means he plays down all expectations to cover the fact he might suck at his current job.

Would just be happy with any sort of win just to break this irritating league duck

Never mind 5 or 6 2 will do as we don,t do clean sheets

But this is one we should be winning if brian Wilson is their captain

exactly how can anyone question fans ambition against a very sub standard team....simple fact is with the players we have we should be beating Colchester comfortably in my opinion

im not questioning anything but what you've said there is what i'm trying to relate to SO'D's comments. We do have a bigger wage bill, and we do have more experience than the likes of those teams, but it doesn't mean we're supposed to look at these teams and see them as a given 3 points. If the league was done on who has a bigger wage bill and who has experience at a bigger league, why are Orient top with straight wins?

for SO'D to come out and say that we should win 5 or 6-0 is mad, but we should be used to him banging on about how hard the game's going to be and how much better the teams are better than we think they are bla bla bla

What is more surprising is he is using twitter; dropped in my estimation significantly now. dear oh dear. ;):blink:

Jesus Christ I can't believe how every little thing this guy says is used as a rod to hit him around the head with. He isn't using twitter either, it's a tweet from the clubs account taking a quote out of context from his pre match interview.

I don't know what the conclusion of all this is going to be, we surely can't keep spending 6 figure sums on bringing in a new manger every season, How long would the next one get before he loses 20/30% of the supporters? No continuity is the worst problem, but the lack of patience and the throwing of toys from prams by a large percentage of the people who contribute to this board, every time they don't agree with a decision or a statement is truly shocking.

As the man once said "you can't please all the people all of the time, but you can't please some City fans ever!"

im not questioning anything but what you've said there is what i'm trying to relate to SO'D's comments. We do have a bigger wage bill, and we do have more experience than the likes of those teams, but it doesn't mean we're supposed to look at these teams and see them as a given 3 points. If the league was done on who has a bigger wage bill and who has experience at a bigger league, why are Orient top with straight wins?

for SO'D to come out and say that we should win 5 or 6-0 is mad, but we should be used to him banging on about how hard the game's going to be and how much better the teams are better than we think they are bla bla bla

Because Leyton Orient have built a squad over many years that are accustomed to this division its no accident that they are top, they have a great structure from Barry Hearn down.....i still dont think they will go up and think they may do a Tranmere last season...

We have established good players.....JET, BALDOCK CUNNINGHAM AND FIELDING all excellent players or they should be, and so yes we should be beating the poorer teams in the league and also putting in a performance, but you are questioninng mine and others ambitions in a way that comes across that suggests you know more, and yes while i agree it was always going to be a tall order to be at top 6, i would suggest 99% of us would have expected us to sniffing around the playoff spots or at least be interested around them.....it simply isnt good enough at the moment

Jesus Christ I can't believe how every little thing this guy says is used as a rod to hit him around the head with. He isn't using twitter either, it's a tweet from the clubs account taking a quote out of context from his pre match interview.

I don't know what the conclusion of all this is going to be, we surely can't keep spending 6 figure sums on bringing in a new manger every season, How long would the next one get before he loses 20/30% of the supporters? No continuity is the worst problem, but the lack of patience and the throwing of toys from prams by a large percentage of the people who contribute to this board, every time they don't agree with a decision or a statement is truly shocking.

As the man once said "you can't please all the people all of the time, but you can't please some City fans ever!"

I agree with a lot of that but I think you missed the smileys...

SOD is playing mind games because he knows if results don't pick up he will be under a lot of pressure...

Pressure from who ?

It wont be the CIty Board that's for sure, I think its nailed on that if he dosn't win a game before christmas he will still keep his job, and so he should imo.

The pressure if any comes will be from idiotic fans that think we should be winning 5' and 6's every week regardless of the opposition, the very same idiots that block up the forum and cause DB errors after we lose with all their SOD out nonsense ..... Yes that is where pressure will come from, and lets be honest if that's the sort of pressure that's affects the man then he shoudn't be here anyway, but it wont.

My Dad asks me after every game about the "state of play down the gate" and my response has allways been the same..... "Its ok and im not worried!"

And im not, i see improvement everywhere, from us finally passing the ball, albeit a little too much across the back, to us using our young lads and boy we have 2 real gooduns.

I will put my money where my mouth is and say on xmas day we will be top 12 if not i will do a forefit and no it wont be in Burtons windows.

That's how positive I am, and as for the word pressure pff what pressure !

Cheers

Mark

Pressure from who ?

It wont be the CIty Board that's for sure, I think its nailed on that if he dosn't win a game before christmas he will still keep his job, and so he should imo.

The pressure if any comes will be from idiotic fans that think we should be winning 5' and 6's every week regardless of the opposition, the very same idiots that block up the forum and cause DB errors after we lose with all their SOD out nonsense ..... Yes that is where pressure will come from, and lets be honest if that's the sort of pressure that's affects the man then he shoudn't be here anyway, but it wont.

My Dad asks me after every game about the "state of play down the gate" and my response has allways been the same..... "Its ok and im not worried!"

And im not, i see improvement everywhere, from us finally passing the ball, albeit a little too much across the back, to us using our young lads and boy we have 2 real gooduns.

I will put my money where my mouth is and say on xmas day we will be top 12 if not i will do a forefit and no it wont be in Burtons windows.

That's how positive I am, and as for the word pressure pff what pressure !

Cheers

Mark

Top post. I can see plenty of positives, whilst also being frustrated that we haven't got the results they are bound to come if we stick at it. I've even heard people questioning whether he is any better than mcinnes lately, the main difference between now and then is you can see there is a clear strategy and way of playing, its just trial and error at the moment. Under mcinnes there was no direction and the team really was devoid of any creativity and dire for the majority of his rain.

People who were expecting us to storm this league obviously don't remember the last time we were down here, its not easy now and it never has been. It will take time for odriscoll to get us playing and heading up the table, but when we do we will be far better for having him in charge at this point than not.

Suppose this is a typical OTIB thread, lets slag off and be negative about what SOD said without listening to the full interview (bit like the negative posts from people not at the game!) and maybe we can influence a few others with a myopic view.

If you listen to the full interview you will understand that his comment was about some fans expectation's that BCFC are a big city club should be beating Colchester by 5 or 6, but as a team we are not there yet.

We are a team in a massive transition, he has moved out all the sh1t that fans have been moaning about and took us down, loaned out Fontaine and Wilson and left out Kilkenny, but still the wingers are not prepared to give time for a new set of players to become a team.

Like it or not, this is a long overdue road we had to go down, that will be a painful journey and trying to twist soundbites against the manager in some attempt to oust him, will not help.

On behalf of the club and the bored of directors, I would like to announce the following announcement:

"The head coach, Mr. SO'Driscoll, has been doing his Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme (for 50 year olds and over) and came top in his class, for being the best Duke of Edinburgh. However, we have now asked him to stop doing his 'Duke of Edinburgh,' and just do the football coaching thing from now on. Meanwhile, we have declined his request for a grant to do the 'George Bush/ Dan Quayle/Mitt Romney/ That-Bloke-what-said-his-cheap-jewellery-was-crap' award scheme, telling him to win a couple of bloody matches first."

Finally, the club are determined to identify the people in this city who believe we will win five or six this Saturday. They will be banned. For five or six matches.

Thank you.

Digging his own grave

Not really. Think some of our fans are hell bent on digging it for him though...

Why the nit picking and over-analysis of every thing he says? Ok, he could perhaps have phrased it better, but I know what he meant, and so do the rest of you, but instead people go off one suggesting he's lost the plot. Shameful.

I wonder if the reaction would be the same if we had a couple wins under our belt? Course not.

I've worked out his pre match style now.

He sets himself up to divert all blame in the event we don't actually play well.

This is a hard game.

The players lack confidence.

We're in for a fight.

We're in for a tough season.

Don't expect anything.

Fans expect us to win 5-0.

Blah blah. It just means he plays down all expectations to cover the fact he might suck at his current job.

Archived