IGNORED

Madeleine Mccann

Super

Watching crimewatch tonight just still can't get my head around leaving the children alone. I do feel sorry for them and they are paying the ultimate penalty. They weren't the only couple leaving children alone is this a common thing on holiday then?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/2500864/Madeleine-McCann-Kate-McCann-refused-to-answer-48-questions-from-Portuguese-police.html

Reportedly 48 questions the mcanns didn't answer, some stupid questions, some easy yes/no questions and some questions are suspicious as hell

Never though the McCann case would be a conspiracy, but you have to think that some things don't add up

• Admin

Don't know how you could accuse the parents for the disappearance could you?? Yes, they shouldn't of left the kids but do you really think this was planned? I know some people do

There are too many unanswered questions, too many things that don't seem right - apparently the fund for Maddie has been used to pay off the McCann's mortgage!! So they can spend more time on the search..... Not answering the questions and the actions of the Cadaver and Blood dogs are two big sticking points. Maybe one dog could be wrong, but two?? The scent dogs are notoriously accurate, why would they get this one wrong.

They have made themselves career victims on the back of their missing daughter living a pretty cushy life... It's not normal for families to keep pursuing like this, especially 6 years on.

So many families get no media coverage and little help from the police yet the McCann family have had millions spent on their child.

They have made themselves career victims on the back of their missing daughter living a pretty cushy life... It's not normal for families to keep pursuing like this, especially 6 years on.

So many families get no media coverage and little help from the police yet the McCann family have had millions spent on their child.

Nonsense mate. If that was my kid I'd definitely still be pursuing it (assuming I didn't murder them of course).

Surely the main reason behind the huge publicity and cost spent is that there has been an obvious crime committed here? Someone out there knows what happened and the police won't rest until someone is rightly brought to justice. What would you say if the people or person responsible we're not caught and went to do this again and you were the victim I think you would be asking serious questions over the investigation or lack of.

My main gripe is that if this hadn't been a couple who were well educated and/or white, there would have been an investigation into the parents "neglect" of their children. 

They'd left those kids every night of the holiday so far I suspect, and someone had seen what they were doing, and saw their chance.

I'm sure Madeline is dead (either that or Portugal has its very own Ariel Castro) and my hope is that this might eventually prove that

I'm worried about leaving my passport in a hotel room, let alone a child.

The other families they were with were doing the same and checking every half hour. I honestly can't get my head around them doing that. I wouldn't pop across the road at home and leave my boy on his own never in a million years.

• Admin

I still dont understand the massive exposure this one child gets, terrible it was children go missing everyday wheres there exposure wheres the help to find them??

Simple answer is PR guru Clarence Mitchell is on their payroll !

Works for one of the biggest PR companies Freud communications

Nonsense mate. If that was my kid I'd definitely still be pursuing it (assuming I didn't murder them of course).

Me too, I just couldn't rest until justice was done or there was some kind of closure. Their lives must be hell.

But saying that to this day cannot understand why they did what they did. Was having a meal with their friends so important? Being a parent is about sacrifice, one of them should have stayed behind or they should have had the meal at the apartment or earlier with their children. They have paid the highest price possible. Like others have said we would be looking at child neglect from parents with different backgrounds. Very sad.

Why haven't they been done with neglect?

One of two reasons,

1. What they did doesn't constitute an offence in Portugal, or

2. Given that their child was abducted, pursuing them criminally probably wasn't the best idea.

Given their fragile state, as many if us with children could imagine, I'm not sure prosecuting them would be such a good idea. It's a judgement call and I think the right one was made.

What I will say though, is that I don't think we'd be in this situation if the British Police had dealt from the offset (not that it was an option). As much as many of you harp on about how police are anti football, we undoubtedly have the finest investigators in the world.

My main gripe is that if this hadn't been a couple who were well educated and/or white, there would have been an investigation into the parents "neglect" of their children. 

They'd left those kids every night of the holiday so far I suspect, and someone had seen what they were doing, and saw their chance.

I'm sure Madeline is dead (either that or Portugal has its very own Ariel Castro) and my hope is that this might eventually prove that

Agree with every word of this Dolly, but the part of this sorry tale that upset me most was when it was revealed that on that fateful night Madeline tearfully begged her parents not to leave her and the twins alone again, which suggests she had obviously woken up in a distressed state already during that holiday.

No reason to doubt you Es but that is shocking if true.Imagine having to live with that.

It was said last night on CW. She said to her mum that she woke up and you weren't there one of the nights. if that wasn't enough of a reason to stay with the children every night for the rest of the holiday then i don't know what is.

No reason to doubt you Es but that is shocking if true.Imagine having to live with that.

it's neglect in anybody's language.

Edit:- I wonder what the impact that this sorry tale and the constant leaving of the twins whilst jetting around the world by their parents, will have on their lives, they seem to be the forgotten ones here.

Agree with every word of this Dolly, but the part of this sorry tale that upset me most was when it was revealed that on that fateful night Madeline tearfully begged her parents not to leave her and the twins alone again, which suggests she had obviously woken up in a distressed state already during that holiday.

That fact upset me as well. It's almost as if little Madelein had a premonition of what was to befall her. Both her parents are doctors and were it not for them being doctors I reckon they would have been prosecuted for leaving such young children unattended. I understand that the U.S. still has 'home alone' laws in place where parents can be prosecuted for leaving children unattended if they are under the age of 12.

How could you leave them in the first place though?Absolutely staggering.

Absolutely, what's the point in having a 'family holiday' if you're going to spend all that time away from the children? Tennis lessons during the day as well as dining out alone. I'd never have dreamed of leaving my kids alone when they were that age.

The other thing that strikes me about this is the fact that Madeline will have been (if she's still alive) with her 'new family' for 6 years, two thirds of her life. If they do find her and return her to her natural parents, she will have to go through all that anguish again as I'm sure she'll remember little of her previous life, she may not even be able to speak English.

Absolutely, what's the point in having a 'family holiday' if you're going to spend all that time away from the children? Tennis lessons during the day as well as dining out alone. I'd never have dreamed of leaving my kids alone when they were that age.

The other thing that strikes me about this is the fact that Madeline will have been (if she's still alive) with her 'new family' for 6 years, two thirds of her life. If they do find her and return her to her natural parents, she will have to go through all that anguish again as I'm sure she'll remember little of her previous life, she may not even be able to speak English.

Totally agree GR. 2 other couples with them did the same thing. makes you wonder how many other people are leaving children alone on their holidays.

The fact that they are well educated, middle class doctors with a photogenic daughter is the only reason this remains news. Any child that's abducted should remain newsworthy, but regardless of whether they should have been prosecuted, if the family in question were from a council estate in the north of England, no one would even remember the name of the kid in question

While it must be an horrific thing to go through, I can summon nothing but contempt for the McCanns, as heartless as that may be

When Madeline was discovered to be missing, Kate left the twins in the apartment and went back to the restraunt to raise the alarm.. Why would you leave them... It became suspected when this disturbance, the arrival and presence of police, and carrying the twins of that the children has been drugged. So did the doctor McCanns drug their children for a easy life ?

They just seemed to do whatever they could for a easy life, even the holiday was for them.. The kids just dragged along.

Archived