IGNORED

Madeleine Mccann

Super

Not sure about this - they said the night before Maddie asked where they were when the twins were crying - yet they still went out the next few nights - very odd - I went to Butlins and can't remember being left totally alone

+1 which makes them not only neglectful but callous as well.

Far different times, James Bulger and Sarah Payne, the parents in both cases lost sight of them for seconds.

• Admin

This was totally standard when I was a kid. Butlins would announce over the tannoy "Baby crying in chalet number.." in the bar.

This recent obsession with continually watching over your kids seems to have sprung from nowhere in the last twenty years, in this respect the McCanns are following thousands of years of human history in thinking they can leave sleeping children unattended. They were incredibly unlucky but they were not neglectful.

What if a Russian satellite crashes through the roof?

I wonder if they've been incredibly lucky, in not getting caught...............

Maybe its them, that the Met have in their sights?

I wonder if they've been incredibly lucky, in not getting caught...............

Maybe its them, that the Met have in their sights?

When I saw Mick Philpott in front of the cameras I immediately thought he was guilty as he was so similar to somebody I know (not a mate) who I would not trust an inch.

I didn't get the same feeling about the McCanns, but I appreciate that's hardly scientific.

I find it incredible that they left their kids alone not because I think they would get abducted but for normal reasons a parent stays in and cares for their kids, be it on holiday or at home.

What if they wake up scared, a fire, a break in etc

Whilst I find it difficult to say they deserve it I think they shoulder a huge amount of blame.

No they should take ALL of the blame

• Admin

Which leaves NONE for the abductor. H'mm...

Unless they are one and the same........

If she were abducted, it must be a million to one chance, I bet hundreds of thousands of parents have left their kids in a 'safe' place and popped next door or when on holiday to the on site restaurant or bar for a short while and nothing has ever happened. The fact that the kids had already woken and expressed their concern at being left alone earlier in the week does make me wonder why they did it again that night, perhaps the dosage of the sedative wasn't strong enough the night they woke?

I think its worth remembering, that whatever you feel about the McCaans and the publicity theyj receive, a 3 year old child is the victim of a crime. In all likelihood the worst type of crime.

To that end, I'm glad there are still efforts to get justice for this little girl, and better, could potentially stop this happening to another family.

A brilliant article I found on yahoo news.......

The McCanns seem to be trying to prove something the way they keep thrusting their issue to the fore for years after most people would have been resigned to the fact their child is probably gone forever but it is difficult to say whether they are doing it to compensate for being negligent parents. Or are they trying to prove something to themselves (or public opinion) that they are not such bad parents if they make such efforts to find their daughter beyond what most people would do? Or are they trying to cover up for something by making people think that if they put such efforts into finding her they must be really caring and couldn't possibly do something like cover up an accidental death in the apartment caused possibly by administering a sleeping drug?

The McCanns keep acting guilty and evasive but is it guilt at leaving the children alone or is it guilt at something worse? It may be she was really abducted but their manner doesn't do them any favours. They don't act naturally and won't accept the slightest criticism, they are too defensive to be normal and want total control over the investigation. They obviously didn't like being made suspects by the Portuguese police at the beginning but all parents and people close to an abductee are routine suspects for a while and just have to tolerate the questioning.

The McCanns are so anxious to have total control over the case it makes you wonder why. It seems they are prepared to do whatever it takes to make sure they cannot be blamed or punished in anyway whatsoever even for neglect. It makes you wonder what else might they have been prepared to do to make sure their careers as doctors, lives and custody of their other children weren't threatened? They may or may not be innocent of the disappearance of their child but their control freakery and lack of remorse is what is making the public suspect them.

Of course, if Madelein was really snatched and on top of that the public are saying they covered up her death to avoid being prosecuted for administering sleeping drugs, then it must be doubly horrible for them. However, they really don't do themselves any favours if they are genuine. They are being too calculating and controlling in their manner for the public to trust them. I only hope one day we'll find out the truth..............whatever that is.

I find it incredible that they left their kids alone not because I think they would get abducted but for normal reasons a parent stays in and cares for their kids, be it on holiday or at home.

Whilst I find it difficult to say they deserve it I think they shoulder a huge amount of blame.

This is my essentially my viewpoint on it all.

No they should take ALL of the blame

Yeah I agree, let's let the abductor get off scot-free eh :facepalm:

The kids wouldn't wake up the parents sedate them.. Don't want pesky night time routines or kids waking in the night to ruin your holiday.

Can still be libellous though.

In all seriousness, no one here is going to get prosecuted for libel, but a lot of people here do appear to be labouring under assumptions that could have very little fact.

We don't know what really happened but I reckon the Portuguese Police have a pretty good idea - didn't they close the case? The general view is that people find the parents suspicious.

• Admin

Have a look at this link, look at the efit picture and then the picture of Gerry McCann underneath......

http://news.sky.com/story/1154564/madeleine-mccann-appeal-parents-delighted

Strange how the evidence of the Smiths from Ireland ties in with this, read chapter 8 and chapter 21 in this link.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id162.html

Have a look at this link, look at the efit picture and then the picture of Gerry McCann underneath......

http://news.sky.com/story/1154564/madeleine-mccann-appeal-parents-delighted

Strange how the evidence of the Smiths from Ireland ties in with this, read chapter 8 and chapter 21 in this link.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id162.html

....the Portuguese Police had a pretty good idea of what happened but did not have enough evidence to successfully prosecute.

• Admin

....the Portuguese Police had a pretty good idea of what happened but did not have enough evidence to successfully prosecute.

If they are guilty of either killing her or, disposing of her body in panic after an accidental death, they must be so conceited to keep up the charade ( if it is one)' surely most people would be grateful to get away with it and disappear from all limelight.

I'm sceptical, but thats because of their actions and all the reports that point to them being involved.

+1 which makes them not only neglectful but callous as well.

Far different times, James Bulger and Sarah Payne, the parents in both cases lost sight of them for seconds.

When I saw Mick Philpott in front of the cameras I immediately thought he was guilty as he was so similar to somebody I know (not a mate) who I would not trust an inch.

I didn't get the same feeling about the McCanns, but I appreciate that's hardly scientific.

A brilliant article I found on yahoo news.......

The McCanns seem to be trying to prove something the way they keep thrusting their issue to the fore for years after most people would have been resigned to the fact their child is probably gone forever but it is difficult to say whether they are doing it to compensate for being negligent parents. Or are they trying to prove something to themselves (or public opinion) that they are not such bad parents if they make such efforts to find their daughter beyond what most people would do? Or are they trying to cover up for something by making people think that if they put such efforts into finding her they must be really caring and couldn't possibly do something like cover up an accidental death in the apartment caused possibly by administering a sleeping drug?

The McCanns keep acting guilty and evasive but is it guilt at leaving the children alone or is it guilt at something worse? It may be she was really abducted but their manner doesn't do them any favours. They don't act naturally and won't accept the slightest criticism, they are too defensive to be normal and want total control over the investigation. They obviously didn't like being made suspects by the Portuguese police at the beginning but all parents and people close to an abductee are routine suspects for a while and just have to tolerate the questioning.

The McCanns are so anxious to have total control over the case it makes you wonder why. It seems they are prepared to do whatever it takes to make sure they cannot be blamed or punished in anyway whatsoever even for neglect. It makes you wonder what else might they have been prepared to do to make sure their careers as doctors, lives and custody of their other children weren't threatened? They may or may not be innocent of the disappearance of their child but their control freakery and lack of remorse is what is making the public suspect them.

Of course, if Madelein was really snatched and on top of that the public are saying they covered up her death to avoid being prosecuted for administering sleeping drugs, then it must be doubly horrible for them. However, they really don't do themselves any favours if they are genuine. They are being too calculating and controlling in their manner for the public to trust them. I only hope one day we'll find out the truth..............whatever that is.

The kids wouldn't wake up the parents sedate them.. Don't want pesky night time routines or kids waking in the night to ruin your holiday.

Its like someone has typed an episode of the Jeremy Kyle show, this forum continues to provide tragic comedy gold at every turn. I feel like a shower after reading this thread, you should all be ashamed of yourselves. You quote dubious conjecture and call it fact, and defame parents of a toddler who cannot have the luxury of mourning their (in all probability) dead child.

For a forum such as this to try and maintain a moral stance on this sort of issue is ridiculous.

If they are guilty of either killing her or, disposing of her body in panic after an accidental death, they must be so conceited to keep up the charade ( if it is one)' surely most people would be grateful to get away with it and disappear from all limelight.

I'm sceptical, but thats because of their actions and all the reports that point to them being involved.

Agree.

As horrible as this is they are both massively to blame. Leaving the kids every night? Even after Madeleine asked them where they were when she cried out? Crazy.

Worrying that two well educated people, or a group of them for that matter genuinely believed leaving their kids alone was normal? I just find it hard to sympathise

Its like someone has typed an episode of the Jeremy Kyle show, this forum continues to provide tragic comedy gold at every turn. I feel like a shower after reading this thread, you should all be ashamed of yourselves. You quote dubious conjecture and call it fact, and defame parents of a toddler who cannot have the luxury of mourning their (in all probability) dead child.

For a forum such as this to try and maintain a moral stance on this sort of issue is ridiculous.

So you do not believe that leaving these 3 children alone after Madeline tearfully begged her parents not to leave them, is not neglectful and callous?.

so you are happy for people to leave young children alone in a foregn country full of strangers?

The only person I have any sympathy for is Madaline MCann, The parents are responsable w=for what happened no one else yet they keep playing the victim card every time the media dare forget about this case,

She isn't the only child to go missing in the last 5 years yet these unfit parents seem content in ramming it in our throats like it was everyone elses fault but theres,

They are unfit parents and don't deserve the joy having children brings to peoples lives

• Admin

so you are happy for people to leave young children alone in a foregn country full of strangers?

The only person I have any sympathy for is Madaline MCann, The parents are responsable w=for what happened no one else yet they keep playing the victim card every time the media dare forget about this case,

She isn't the only child to go missing in the last 5 years yet these unfit parents seem content in ramming it in our throats like it was everyone elses fault but theres,

They are unfit parents and don't deserve the joy having children brings to peoples lives

As harsh as it may sound I am with you on this.

Not everyone can afford Clarence Mitchell to do their PR for them, many other parents are tearing their hair out at the disappearance of their children but not given the time of day anywhere

So you do not believe that leaving these 3 children alone after Madeline tearfully begged her parents not to leave them, is not neglectful and callous?.

You love to twist an argument around don't you. He was clearly referring to the paper talk and rumours which people have taken as fact, not the material facts of the case. Your line has nothing to do with the original post.

Considering the age of the children and the fact that they were in a foreign country I think the parents were awful in leaving those children. I also don't think that drinking alcohol and then looking after very young children is a good idea - and that's what the McCanns were doing. A pity the McCanns didn't leave their children alone in the U.S.A. where they could have been prosecuted under the U.S. 'home alone' law. The Portuguese authorities were under too much pressure to be lax with the McCanns because the McCanns are doctors.

Considering the age of the children and the fact that they were in a foreign country I think the parents were awful in leaving those children. I also don't think that drinking alcohol and then looking after very young children is a good idea - and that's what the McCanns were doing. A pity the McCanns didn't leave their children alone in the U.S.A. where they could have been prosecuted under the U.S. 'home alone' law. The Portuguese authorities were under too much pressure to be lax with the McCanns because the McCanns are doctors.

Once again, spouting what could potentially be complete rubbish as fact. Were you involved in the Portuguese case? I think you'll find the McCann's were actually named and treated as suspects for a significant amount of time. Were you partial to the information as to why they were discounted or are you in fact just making a very uneducated guess?

Other than that, I agree with everything else you wrote.

Absolutely spot on mate. Completely agree. Harsh? Yes, but it's true.

A good point well made!

Archived