IGNORED

St Jude's Storm - Match Day Thread

Abraham Romanovich

I have seen some leaves being ripped off a tree by this aggressive weather.

I fear this might be a right-wing storm as the leaves being evicted from the trees appear to be largely brown in colour.

I can confirm your suspicion. A leaf blew through my bedroom window and it was definitely brown. I have disposed of it with the utmost care. Fortunately I was in another room at the time or it could have been curtains for me. :fear:

Come to think of it, I should close those curtains to prevent a repeat of this alarming incident.

This storm isn't going to be as severe as the newspapers are making out, in fact recent models show it may be weaker than expected. Currently the models are showing the Bristol area is likely to receive wind gusts of 75mph to 80mph, to gauge what that is like stick it head out of a car travelling 75mph.the worst of it is expected to hit us around 02.00 - 06.00. For our fans that live on the south coast they are expected to receive the brunt of this storm but the predictions for this storm are changing by the hour so just be aware and keep safe, especially those living directly on the coasts.

Im flying to Amsterdam at 4.30pm

Not too bothered about that one but the flight back is 7pm monday night.

Isnt the bugger supposed to be slap bang on my route back at that time???

The storm is expected to head up the English channel and head towards Belgium, netherlands and then up onto Denmark, the models are showing it's going to intensify once it passes over the UK. So it's likely your gonna experience this storm whilst your in Amsterdam.

As I said in another thread, weather stories sell papers and boost viewing figures.

The over the top coverage of Hurricane Sandy seems to be a trend, where we are told the worst case scenario is fact. This latest storm coverage follows just that.

Its as if journalists from the Daily Express have taken over every news media. Expect it to be blamed on the ghost of Diana next.

As I said in another thread, weather stories sell papers and boost viewing figures.

The over the top coverage of Hurricane Sandy seems to be a trend, where we are told the worst case scenario is fact. This latest storm coverage follows just that.

Its as if journalists from the Daily Express have taken over every news media. Expect it to be blamed on the ghost of Diana next.

Sandy was actually a super storm though and very very rare.

Archived