IGNORED

St Jude's Storm - Match Day Thread

Abraham Romanovich

You sound like someone that doesn't prepare and then moans when things go tits up. Typical British attitude towards the weather.

One thing I learned on various trips to the USA is to not call mother nature's bluff cos she will bite you in the ass.

Typical British attitude? You've clearly missed the mass overreactions by the train conpanies and media frothing at the mouth - it becomes a self fulfilled prophecy

All London overground trains have been cancelled until at least 9am in the morning for our London reds. Please check Internet prior to commencing your journeys.

BA have cancelled 21 domestic and short haul European flights. Via sky news on twitter, no other details. Thinking of you Kaiser.

Typical British attitude? You've clearly missed the mass overreactions by the train conpanies and media frothing at the mouth - it becomes a self fulfilled prophecy

I don't pay any attention to news outlets. They are out to create headlines so always big things up. Take what they say with a pinch of salt.

The met office warnings are the only warnings people should pay attention to.

I'm a bit of a weather enthusiast and have seen the damage storms can cause, I may sound like your mum but with warnings on amber level and possibly it going to red later on it's wise to pay attention to these warnings. Storms like this can and have already killed. Usually deaths in storms are those of human error.

Don't want to scare anyone but in the morning there is a likely hood of tornadoes forming. Ok not on the usa scale but any tornadoes can be deadly. A lot needs to come together for a tornado to form, but as the model below shows all the ingredients a tornado needs to form will be present be in our region. The black blob and the blue ribbon is where the ingredients will be present.

http://www.lightningwizard.com/maps/Europe/gfs_stp_eur12.png

I don't pay any attention to news outlets. They are out to create headlines so always big things up. Take what they say with a pinch of salt.

The met office warnings are the only warnings people should pay attention to.

I'm a bit of a weather enthusiast and have seen the damage storms can cause, I may sound like your mum but with warnings on amber level and possibly it going to red later on it's wise to pay attention to these warnings. Storms like this can and have already killed. Usually deaths in storms are those of human error.

Don't want to scare anyone but in the morning there is a likely hood of tornadoes forming. Ok not on the usa scale but any tornadoes can be deadly. A lot needs to come together for a tornado to form, but as the model below shows all the ingredients a tornado needs to form will be present be in our region. The black blob and the blue ribbon is where the ingredients will be present.

http://www.lightningwizard.com/maps/Europe/gfs_stp_eur12.png

For goodness sake, tornadoes? Honestly, I know there's gonna be a bloody great storm but the reaction of the British public when something is actually about to happen can be ridiculous sometimes!

It's quiet. Too quiet...

Someone is up to something.

I blame the cultural Marxists @ the BBC, abetted by Steve Lansdown, Lee Johnson and (possibly) the West Midlands Police.

You forgot Mayor Ferguson, oh and it can't be too bad out I can hear the police helicopter flying above right now

For goodness sake, tornadoes? Honestly, I know there's gonna be a bloody great storm but the reaction of the British public when something is actually about to happen can be ridiculous sometimes!

The models show there is potential for tornadoes. Not saying they will form but what models show is that all the ingredients are there. The models don't show if it's the correct amount of ingredients or if there is more or less of any one ingredient but the potential is certainly there. Call it what you like but the models are not usually that far off being correct. If you get hail then you will know the potential is there for a tornado as hail is formed by the updrafts you would get in a tornado. Despite the ingredients being present tornadoes still remain very random especially in this country. However we did have one in Hayling Island last week and we had a water spout in the Bristol channel earlier this year (water spout is a tornado but is called water spout as it's over water)

You forgot Mayor Ferguson, oh and it can't be too bad out I can hear the police helicopter flying above right now

The storm won't hit until gone midnight, I live right next to the helicopter, it's been up loads tonight, possibly responding to damage or having a ariel survey of damage?

The models show there is potential for tornadoes. Not saying they will form but what models show is that all the ingredients are there. The models don't show if it's the correct amount of ingredients or if there is more or less of any one ingredient but the potential is certainly there. Call it what you like but the models are not usually that far off being correct. If you get hail then you will know the potential is there for a tornado as hail is formed by the updrafts you would get in a tornado. Despite the ingredients being present tornadoes still remain very random especially in this country. However we did have one in Hayling Island last week and we had a water spout in the Bristol channel earlier this year (water spout is a tornado but is called water spout as it's over water)

goodness me in English please? 

Impressive knowledge mind all though I have no idea what the first half of that meant

hope incy wincy spider was ok

Archived