IGNORED

St Jude's Storm - Match Day Thread

Abraham Romanovich

News Just in*************** Puddles have extended right across some roads in Glos*********** and the sun is in fact shinning :sun:

I`m going out to work now, may my god go with me :o

Same here. I remember playing football at the Grange School during the day of the storm. We had one of those flyaway "Wembley" plastic balls. If you kicked it up in the air, it stayed up there for about 5 minutes swirling about.

I was fully expecting the day off at Kingsfield. No such luck.

Half tempted to set up a poll to see whether I should go to work or not. Let the great otib massive decide and be fair, it is pissing it down out there my end.

Instead I'm gonna get tucked into ShakespearMuch Ado About Nothing.

News just in, apparentlly banter on internet forums has risen to a modern day high. They've hit 8.6 on the banter scale.

Well t'woke I up! Clearly by 2am tings were a bit hairy out there. A.rather rickety garden bench has not survived the night (I had kept meaning to sling it anyway) and our wheeley bin had fled across the road.

Now I can't get to Wells (tree down) or Bristol (multtiple trees).

I can confirm it caused carnage in my garden, my neatly stacked up bamboo canes are now all over my decking!  Not sure how I am going to cope!

You should be so lucky; just got an email from my next door neighbour, in South London, saying my garden has lost a big tree and its now sitting on their balcony. Considering I am a few thousand miles away its not so straightforward organising an extraction.

Saw a beetle that had been blown on to it's back when I took the dog for a walk in the woods. Pleased to report I managed to turn it back the right way up and the black insect walked away unharmed.

You went out in the woods in this weather?  Are you mad?

Saw a beetle that had been blown on to it's back when I took the dog for a walk in the woods. Pleased to report I managed to turn it back the right way up and the black insect walked away unharmed.

Yes, I heard about that. Main news item on Radio Bristol mid day news. There'll be a phone-in discussion this evening on "Beetles - should we turn them over?"

Archived