IGNORED

Stockhausen

bearded_red

Not JUST the club. But the fan base is shambolic as well. The club & fans are as far apart as it's ever been. I have been a City fan since 1978 & i'm ashamed of the so called (fellow) Bristol City fans

The whole blame has to go on Louis Carey, Ivan Sproul, & Paul Hartley who kicked off on Gary Johnson that night after the Plymouth game away & got Gary the sack 2 days later,

If Carey loves this club so much he would do what Sproul & Hartley did & do one & leave. He's only hanging around becuss he wants John  Atyeo's record. Well Carey you dont even deserve to be in the same sentence as the great man Atyeo. So bloody pack your bags & go from the club NOW!!!!

Agree with a lot of that, he's not even a City "fan", he loves Liverpool. That did him for me when he mooted the almalgamation of the two Bristol clubs. I said at the time I didn't want to see him in a City shirt again, and I don't think I have!

Agree with a lot of that, he's not even a City "fan", he loves Liverpool. That did him for me when he mooted the almalgamation of the two Bristol clubs. I said at the time I didn't want to see him in a City shirt again, and I don't think I have!

Did you miss the last few minutes of the derby?

That counts as an appearance you know.

Met the bloke and he's a tosser.

Quite what a cockney Brentford fan is doing reporting on Bristol clubs ill never know.

yes, I've seen him brown nosing with his bum chum gappers at Nevil Rd, taking the piss out of City. He nearly wore my pint once!

Almost as bad is that turncoat bastard Latham , "Oh Wardy, give it me up the wrong'un!"

• Admin

The whole blame has to go on Louis Carey, Ivan Sproul, & Paul Hartley who kicked off on Gary Johnson that night after the Plymouth game away & got Gary the sack 2 days later,

If you are going to refer to that incident at least get your facts correct

• Admin

I agree with all of that, Phil. The standard of journalism is pretty shoddy in the local area. I myself always try to cling to positives but that's not a reporters job at all.

If there was something worth reporting the way AS has insinuated in his tweets tonight then he'd be obliged to do so.... But this is all bollocks.

It seems to be one thing after another at the moment and it's really becoming difficult to be as enthusiastic about the club as I usually am.

100% agree with you

No it's not, and in fact I didn't mention the player you pick out to name above.

City fans at the Plymouth match reported with disgust the disgraceful first half performance, and how furious they were with the players, and yes, I think a number of players had very clearly stopped giving their all for GJ in previous weeks.

Fair enough, I was referring to the original post naming three of them, perhaps I should've quoted that as well to make myself clearer.

Maybe they had but it's impossible to say. Sproule and Hartley left at the end of that campaign anyway so I guess you could argue we did let them go. It's not always as easy as people would like to think getting rid though, as Neil Kilkenny's inclusion in this season's squad would show (amongst many others down the years).

Just the cheek of the bloke has annoyed me, thinking just cos he's a reporter he has a divine right, he acts like he owns the place and is annoyed he was asked to move/leaver whatever. I hope in future he is asked to conduct interviews in the atyeo car park, should be nice with winter coming up.

Not JUST the club. But the fan base is shambolic as well. The club & fans are as far apart as it's ever been. I have been a City fan since 1978 & i'm ashamed of the so called (fellow) Bristol City fans

If Carey loves this club so much he would do what Sproul & Hartley did & do one & leave. He's only hanging around becuss he wants John Atyeo's record. Well Carey you dont even deserve to be in the same sentence as the great man Atyeo. So bloody pack your bags & go from the club NOW!!!!

Do give it a rest! Trying to blame someone who has given years of loyal service to the club for our current position. Look to the bloke with his arms folded in front of the dug-out for that!

Gary Johnson struck a player after Plymouth. Something that would mean instant dismisal and possibly police action in most jobs. Carey - as PFA rep - was duty bound to take the matter up.

Were you at that meeting? Were you in the dressing room? No! So wind back the conspiracy theories.

I happen to know that after the heat of that situation left, Louis and Gary still got along. They still do!

As. for the. contracts, it's the manager that offers those. Have u ever approached your boss and said 'I'd like to be made redundant'?

The Carey haters are brilliant, the guys at fault for everything nowadays apparenty!

Not at all. Has everyone missed the fact that the person who is the catalyst for all that can go wrong is Lee Johnson and he was at the ground.

Perhaps the club should issue a statement on this little ferrets complaint that he couldn't use OUR pressroom as it was needed for other things. Do this before his story is published and it sort of shows him for what he is and how his story is complete sensationalist cack.

You know what they say ...... "attack is the best form of defence"

And yes I do see the irony in that last sentence !!

**** off Stockhausen, you are a gutter jurno who is scum. Drive yourself out of the gate (opps sorry you cant as your banned) .Stay at home and have another beer.

Beer old chap ? That's all very working class for a Journo of his obvious stature. I would suggest Pimm's or a nicely chilled Chardonnay

Just the cheek of the bloke has annoyed me, thinking just cos he's a reporter he has a divine right, he acts like he owns the place and is annoyed he was asked to move/leaver whatever. I hope in future he is asked to conduct interviews in the atyeo car park, should be nice with winter coming up.

Stockhausen "acts like he owns the place" you say? Then that must've been Andy Stockhausen junior getting shunted around the inner sanctum yesterday (on greatly reduced salary and expenses). AndyS senior would have been in his off-shore bunker, somewhere, watching things unfold, or unravel, or probably watching the rugby, actually.

Whatever was going to happen to GJ, all the players who stopped giving their all should have gone at the first opportunity.

Allowing the players to win, and continue playing for the club, was probably the single biggest mistake the club has made.

Dead right. We had to accept relegation to be rid of them.

A fox gets rid of fleas by slowly immersing itself in water, so that the fleas escape to the tip of its nose. Then it ducks down into the water, leaving the fleas to drown. That's pretty well what we had to do to get rid of our parasites.

Dead right. We had to accept relegation to be rid of them.

A fox gets rid of fleas by slowly immersing itself in water, so that the fleas escape to the tip of its nose. Then it ducks down into the water, leaving the fleas to drown. That's pretty well what we had to do to get rid of our parasites.

Everyone knows hedgehogs are the biggest carriers of fleas. So lay off the foxes.

Point that has been missed here.

Why did the players have to do the warm down in the gym as opposed to out on the pitch where they normally do it. Ohhh because of a bit of rain.

Footballers who can't run around in the rain to warm down. What a shambles.

As for Stockhausen no doubt he's unpopular at the club at the moment, number of his recent blogs have been very critical of the board and behind the scenes at Ashton Gate, he backs SoD but is happy to rightly point fingers at where blame has been in recent years. Truth hurts for a number of people at the club.

Has just sent these tweets;

Andy Stockhausen ?@AndyStockhausen now

City fans will have their own view on their team's performance, but do they have any idea of the chaos behind the scenes after the game?

Post-match press conference reduced to a farcical shambles. Not seen anything quite like it in 28 years in the business!

And not much better for Oldham players, who had to put up with cold showers - the same as Brentford a fortnight ago!

More like the Downs League than League One! Read all about it in Monday's Bristol Post or on-line at http://www.bristolpost.co.uk

Sounds like a case of Stockhausen on the sauce and letting fly on twitter. I bet he regrets it in the morning

Whatever was going to happen to GJ, all the players who stopped giving their all should have gone at the first opportunity.

Allowing the players to win, and continue playing for the club, was probably the single biggest mistake the club has made.

This has been my view ever since. Average players who made a good team when they stuck to the plan and worked hard decided after the play off final that they had arrived. As you say, they stopped doing what had brought them success under Johnson, at which point their flash cars and "How much do you earn?" attitude took over. Johnson's first mistake was to stay too loyal to some of them for too long, which opened the door to player power. Ever since we have suffered a bunch of preening, overpaid underachievers. Appointing Millen ;played into their hands as he was a weak manager they could manipulate so player power continued to dominate, epitomised by Maynard stringing the club along while Millen and Sexstone grovelled to him. Instead of shipping out those who poisoned the well (otherwise known as being a great influence in the dressing room) they were given new contracts, with predictable consequences. Not only that but more of their ilk followed. Given his rather feeble defence of Kilkenny and Fontaine (they're not crap, with a bad attitude, it's all the fans' fault) I'm not yet persuaded that SOD has changed the culture. If so we are in even deeper trouble than we appear.

He is an example of all that is wrong with Bristol sport. Why is there no City fan with a degree in sports journalism covering our team on the Post? He does not care about City and should go back to Brentford and cover their games; if you have ever been to Brentford you will understand why he prefers Bristol. Back on point, get a real City fan to cover City and a sag to vet the others. Really not difficult. I remember when Ken Bates banned Daily Mirror reporters from CFC, perhaps AS wants some infamy:-) AS time to **** off, :-)

There would be a healthy que of City fans who'd love to have Stockhausen's job and are ably qualified.

'kin 'ell  !!!

It's no wonder this club is so much  in debt if we're buying everyone a cap for every appearance!!!

Just as well Benny Lennartson has gone after his threat to throw his cap into the crowd after every win. We'd be counting the cost of probably................2 caps

Archived