IGNORED

Stockhausen

bearded_red

I still await with baited breath a chance to see :

a) Positive post from this empty headed troll,

b) Any form of CONSTRUCTIVE critisism from him,

Maybe I've missed it, but I;m not so sure....................Unreal.

Don't hold your breath mate as he's shown absolutely no signs of having it in him!

The Carey haters are brilliant, the guys at fault for everything nowadays apparenty!

Naa, I think the smoke/fire and ever constant Mr.C being there each and every time, every manager........ blah blah blah

Might just be something in it..... No I'm no a hater but who knows other than Mr.C.........

Unfortunately BCFC and the press don't ever seem to get on. We have a problem with stockhausen, and also with past reporters Latham and Godsif. All have put the boot into the club at some time, perhaps that's because they are firstly journalists, or because they have a personal gripe and no actual affiliation to the club, they're just doing a job. Across the water thet usually get a gashead as a reporter and failing that, a sports editor (Robin Perry) or editor in chief (Mike Norton), either way they get an easier ride than BCFC.

So, in my opinion, it's because we are the bigger club, with more followers, so more interested readers and, any news at all, equals more sales for the paper. The truth is, we as a club, have always flattered to deceive and let the fans on a regular basis and they have been very willing to report this, ably assisted by the gashead influence at the post.

Although I generally agree Rich, I have to say Peter Godsiff - although he is basically retired and just does the odd golf report - is supportive and you can see him at the Gate in a personal capacity from time-to-time.

He's an old school reliable journalist IMO.

As for being mindblown that people are unhappy with results!!! Well it really does seem that bullshit baffles brains...

Yes and its easier to knock something down than build it up, particularly when it has barely started.

However the board will continue to back the manager unless we fall way off the pack above us....The advice given on various occasions is take up yoga if you need to...This club was not built by Dicks and Dolman in a season, but the fundamentals were local boys in a local team....Its easy to be facetious! 

Yes and its easier to knock something down than build it up, particularly when it has barely started.

However the board will continue to back the manager unless we fall way off the pack above us....The advice given on various occasions is take up yoga if you need to...This club was not built by Dicks and Dolman in a season, but the fundamentals were local boys in a local team....Its easy to be facetious!

A big difference is 3 points for a win (no Kilkenny jokes please! )

If you draw all your matches you WOULD be relegated having been unbeaten all season.

It is therefore imperative that SOD or A.N. Other get some wins (four letter word ) on the board and pronto .

Another gem from Stockhausen:

@AndyStockhausen 59m

Speaking to contact at Brighton Argus who tells me Crawley have lost last 3 games and failed to score!

Does this guy not follow football? I could have told him this as funnily enough I am interested in the results in our league, as a paid journalist covering this club I would have thought he may have known this?!

But then how else would you find out he has a contact at the Brighton Argus?

However the board will continue to back the manager unless we fall way off the pack above us....The advice given on various occasions is take up yoga if you need to...This club was not built by Dicks and Dolman in a season, but the fundamentals were local boys in a local team....Its easy to be facetious!

I have news for you. We are behind the pack. Less than three points tomorrow and things will really start to look grim.

Let's cross our fingers, eh? I don't think falling to the basement is an option.

Has just sent these tweets;

Andy Stockhausen ?@AndyStockhausen now

City fans will have their own view on their team's performance, but do they have any idea of the chaos behind the scenes after the game?

Post-match press conference reduced to a farcical shambles. Not seen anything quite like it in 28 years in the business!

And not much better for Oldham players, who had to put up with cold showers - the same as Brentford a fortnight ago!

More like the Downs League than League One! Read all about it in Monday's Bristol Post or on-line at http://www.bristolpost.co.uk

Can't see anything in The Post regarding that last tweet. Have I missed it or did his bottle go?

Probably got carried away and then realised it was completely and utterly non-news.

If I was a local football reporter I think I'd do better than publicly mocking the biggest local club.

His criticism is neither insightful, well argued or even interesting.

I have news for you. We are behind the pack. Less than three points tomorrow and things will really start to look grim.

Let's cross our fingers, eh? I don't think falling to the basement is an option.

Many thanks for your news!, but we are not yet at a point where the board will sack him, even if we dont win tomorrow. Take this up with them! Yes lets cross our fingers for a bit of luck and a soft goal and maybe even a first clean sheet....As supporters we cant do much else? eh?

Many thanks for your news!, but we are not yet at a point where the board will sack him, even if we dont win tomorrow. Take this up with them! Yes lets cross our fingers for a bit of luck and a soft goal and maybe even a first clean sheet....As supporters we cant do much else? eh?

We agree on one thing: the board won't sack him.

I think they should, and bring in someone who can instill a winning mentality, but based on their track record they won't - until it's too late.

Having missed Saturday, I am perversely looking forward to Tuesday. COYR!

We agree on one thing: the board won't sack him.

I think they should, and bring in someone who can instill a winning mentality, but based on their track record they won't - until it's too late.

Having missed Saturday, I am perversely looking forward to Tuesday. COYR!

A winning mentality you say!

Does that actually exist or does it mean someone who's successful at what they do, with whatever is at their disposal at the time!

Didn't Mcinness, Coppell and GJ have winning mentalities then!

No matter who we bring in they still have to work with the players we have and the limitations that are in place, there may be an upturn due to the players desire to impress the new man, but once that's passed it's back to the same situation.

Worse still we could do like the gas did, they employed a guy with a so called winning mentality Mr D Penney.

Changing the manager again garantees nothing, it may work or it may not, but what will be the same is the board room and IMO until we have a chairman who is prepared to be heard and seen, board members who have a history of football knowledge that can and will comunicate with the clubs fan base then we will struggle.

At the moment the silence is deafening.

Does that actually exist or does it mean someone who's successful at what they do, with whatever is at their disposal at the time!

No matter who we bring in they still have to work with the players we have and the limitations that are in place, there may be an upturn due to the players desire to impress the new man, but once that's passed it's back to the same situation.

Worse still we could do like the gas did, they employed a guy with a so called winning mentality Mr D Penney.

Changing the manager again garantees nothing, it may work or it may not, but what will be the same is the board room and IMO until we have a chairman who is prepared to be heard and seen, board members who have a history of football knowledge that can and will comunicate with the clubs fan base then we will struggle.

Pardon !

Of course it doesn't guarantee anything. But I don't think our current head coach has got the players we have playing to their potential.

Yes, there were a lot of changes in the close season - but lots of clubs doing much better than us could say the same.

For me, I think SOD almost certainly will oversee his second relegation with us. Another manager might or might not work- none of us are clairvoyants - but we'd give ourselves a chance. I'm going to the game tonight, like all this season, more in hope than expectation...

BTW what "history of football knowledge" did Harry Dolman or various other chairmen and directors have when they took up the post?

Of course it doesn't guarantee anything. But I don't think our current head coach has got the players we have playing to their potential.

Yes, there were a lot of changes in the close season - but lots of clubs doing much better than us could say the same.

For me, I think SOD almost certainly will oversee his second relegation with us. Another manager might or might not work- none of us are clairvoyants - but we'd give ourselves a chance. I'm going to the game tonight, like all this season, more in hope than expectation...

BTW what "history of football knowledge" did Harry Dolman or various other chairmen and directors have when they took up the post?

I'd guess no more than the current encumbants, the difference IMO is today it's a different game, HD had 25 years as chairman in a time when fans perhaps were more patient, without the demand of huge salaries and transfers being demanded, players were seen to be not so far away from your average supporter, obviously there were ups and downs and the football wasn't always great, but from what I have been told it was more of an in it together attitude instead of the present them and us.

I'd guess no more than the current encumbants, the difference IMO is today it's a different game, HD had 25 years as chairman in a time when fans perhaps were more patient, without the demand of huge salaries and transfers being demanded, players were seen to be not so far away from your average supporter, obviously there were ups and downs and the football wasn't always great, but from what I have been told it was more of an in it together attitude instead of the present them and us.

There is some truth in what you say, but aren't the vast majority of club chairmen and directors just successful businessmen? Boards can - and do - take advice from senior former players regarding appointments etc, but whether they come from Thornbury or Vladivostock, most chairman are just enthusiastic amateurs.

Whether City get 0, 1 or 3 points tonight however will not be dependent on Keith Dawe, Jon Lansdown or whoever. It'll be the province of the man stood with his arms folded in front of our dug-out. We have the players to do it. Let's hope they achieve their potential.

Archived