IGNORED

Supporters Club And Trust Q&a With Sod -TONIGHT 7:30Pm @ Bs3 (Merged)

!james

Did you enquire about billy sharp.

SOD - I've enquired about him on a number of occasions, he's on a premier league wage though. Billy Sharp would be his ideal partner for JET.

Who would you employ if you were running a football club.

SOD - that's not a stupid question I'd employ someone who shared my vision, it's hard to name names. Answered at the end "Brendon Rogers".

Do you ever go in the dressing room and go mental at the players

SOD - it depends what you mean by go mental, it doesn't work as a parent if you shout at your kids, so it won't work with footballers, we had a 16 year old in the dressing room who has the potential to be a really good player, and nobody had gone and out their arm round him say it was going to be ok, so I wouldn't want to do that (go mental) with my players. It doesn't solve anything. He did tell them they had let the fans down, let the club down, let themselves down & let Joe down. Basically he made them feel bad.

who would you say are the leaders in the team

SOD - Marlon Harewood, Baldock, Carey, the board didn't want to sign him, but I said I think you're wrong, even if he's not playing he's off training with the defenders. Definitely sees a coaching role for Louis when he hangs his boots up whether that is elsewhere or here. 

Do you think you should let Louis play the games to break the Atyeo record.

SOD - (Joking) no cos I'm a hard bastard, I don't believe in sentimentality, he'll play if he's fit, not just to break the record though.

Question about supporters and SOD being negative about them

SOD I've said before the fans are fantastic. Sometimes that gets lost in translation.

More laugher as a slight heckler says "you're in charge of one of the biggest clubs"

At which point someone pipes up "in Bristol" :D. Everyone (including Sean, broke out into laughter)

"Board didn't want to sign Carey" - so why did they?  Could someone ask that please?

He could train with the defenders on a sessional basis if SOD thought that was 100% necessary - so why give him a year?

He answered that in his reply. It's quite obvious that SOD rates Carey's influence on players and in the dressing room very highly. 

"Board didn't want to sign Carey" - so why did they?  Could someone ask that please?

He could train with the defenders on a sessional basis if SOD thought that was 100% necessary - so why give him a year?

No one from the board was there.The board are in charge of finances though, so if there's a difference of opinion you'd expect them to have the final say.

Anyway, I wasn't completely sure from Dolly's post whether the disagreement was about Carey, or the signing of Harewood.

No one from the board was there.The board are in charge of finances though, so if there's a difference of opinion you'd expect them to have the final say.

Anyway, I wasn't completely sure from Dolly's post whether SO'D was talking about Carey or the signing of Harewood.

Carey. SOD said he sees the importance of Carey's presence in the dressing room, and not just his ability to play football.

Just social media updates. If all goes to plan we'll have attendees updating otib and twitter and hopefully getting the chance to ask questions raised via those media too. We discussed having a live feed but the barriers were the view that the sound quality might be difficult in a big room with Sean being relatively quietly spoken but mainly that we didn't have anyone with the expertise to deliver a live feed with confidence. We'd be interested to hear from anyone who thought they could help with a video link for the future.

You didn't even think to ask the hosts of the forum?

You could at the very least of recorded it and uploaded to YouTube, no?

No City manager ( including Garry Johnson ) have been as ascebile to supporters as sod, he has never once turned down a request to speak to supporters groups,yet some people persist in labelling him anti supporter !what utter nonsense !most of those people made their mind up about the guy before he was appointed, and are small minded enough to twist everything he says, label him with insults like o dreary, and keep winning on about his ' whiney ' accent ( oh the irony ) well done again tonight sod, once again youve proved that your worth more than all the moaners put together !

• Admin

He added that the club needs good characters. People who have seen the club better off. Said this is something that happens a lot on the continent.

• Admin

Ive gone back through Marie's posts looking for typos (as requested) and expanded the answers to a few (they will show as edited by me)

I also told him (& Adam) at the end that he recently said on Radio Bristol that if fans don't tell him what they want him to do then he won't know to do it so if there is ANY other colour training jumper to wear other than blue then do so as a lot of fans are offended by the colour blue. Adam said it's either blue or black so maybe we'll see a change soon?

Archived