IGNORED

East End Stewards & Flags: Meeting

EnclosureSurge

Well, I tune in about 24 hours later and I am glad everyone's taken on board the notion of thinking, breathing, thinking again.

I consider myself in group A - C. Having a young family means I cannot take a full part, which is why I made regular donations to projects.

What the club have done is nonsense. Another nonsense. They are jobsworths and wasters of fans time and money.

Long reply ES and not really sure what you are talking about reference to me and as said respect to you for trying, but if the outcome of all that effort is to be told where and when you wave your flags, and how many, doesn't that rather defeat the point of it in the first place?

I have been all of your categories BTW

It was quite clear: most have nothing to do with AG or EE or atmosphere or polite, well-constructed points ...  leaving your one point of respect for conciliatory approach. Have been and still are? It doesn't make your opinion worth less, just interested...

I consider myself in group A - C. Having a young family means I cannot take a full part, which is why I made regular donations to projects.

What the club have done is nonsense. Another nonsense. They are jobsworths and wasters of fans time and money.

Glad you're involved, the more the better in which ever way people find suitable/appropriate.

Most officialdom in GB is jobsworth-ness. Doesn't mean we give up trying to get what we want - that's what people have accused me of, giving up direct action/telling the club what's going to happen etc. The irony is mind-bending.

Long reply ES and not really sure what you are talking about reference to me and as said respect to you for trying, but if the outcome of all that effort is to be told where and when you wave your flags, and how many, doesn't that rather defeat the point of it in the first place?

I have been all of your categories BTW

Short reply, NickJ - not sure what your point about 'long reply' is?

Long = boring/irrelevant/rambling/too much for some?

Glad you're involved, the more the better in which ever way people find suitable/appropriate.

Most officialdom in GB is jobsworth-ness. Doesn't mean we give up trying to get what we want - that's what people have accused me of, giving up direct action/telling the club what's going to happen etc. The irony is mind-bending.

I would not donate anything again. The outcome after years is now "You can have two flags at the back when and where we tell you".

Short reply, NickJ - not sure what your point about 'long reply' is?

Long = boring/irrelevant/rambling/too much for some?

If you want an honest reply, all of the above. Sometimes less is more.

I have been a regular attender at AG and away for 45 years with the exception of 20 in the middle when I played, but even then I got to 15 games or so a season. I stood on the East End until it was no longer standing and in all that time I never caused an incident of any kind waving my red and white scarf, and at no time did the hand painted flags of others (as they were back then) cause me any annoyance or injury.

There comes a point when conciliation becomes one side just taking the piss, or at best in this case maybe, an exercise in foolishness because of "the rules".

If you want an honest reply, all of the above. Sometimes less is more.

I have been a regular attender at AG and away for 45 years with the exception of 20 in the middle when I played, but even then I got to 15 games or so a season. I stood on the East End until it was no longer standing and in all that time I never caused an incident of any kind waving my red and white scarf, and at no time did the hand painted flags of others (as they were back then) cause me any annoyance or injury.

There comes a point when conciliation becomes one side just taking the piss, or at best in this case maybe, an exercise in foolishness because of "the rules".

PS If you want an honest reply to that then more often than not, more is more.

Next time I'll really ********** get stuck in and write an essay.

Let's see if you read that!

(It'd be ironic if you did).

It used to be "you only sing when you're winning". Now it's more like "we only sing when we have the explicit permission of the stewards".

How long before we have to wait for an announcement over the tannoy before we are allowed to celebrate a goal?

:shutup: and wait for the word of command...

I am confused who people are moaning at here....is it the OP for trying to arrange flexibilty within the rules, the club for trying to work within the rules imposed on it, or the health and safety officers who set the guidelines for which they remain personally and legally accountable.

Which ever group you want to throw criticism at just stop to consider if you could do any of these roles better? After a history of football stadium disasters over the last thirty years I am sure we could do with sone knowledgable volunteers who can get the balance just right.

I am confused who people are moaning at here....is it the OP for trying to arrange flexibilty within the rules, the club for trying to work within the rules imposed on it, or the health and safety officers who set the guidelines for which they remain personally and legally accountable.

Which ever group you want to throw criticism at just stop to consider if you could do any of these roles better? After a history of football stadium disasters over the last thirty years I am sure we could do with sone knowledgable volunteers who can get the balance just right.

Nothing against the OP but for god sake how many times must we have to agree on something only for it to be broken and another meeting set up to re-fix it? all this flag waving was agreed many moons ago (too much goal post moving), I feeling I have better things I can make use of my time with than cutting through red tape from broken agreements

On a side note I think some off you that have answered this are just taking the piss, the guy has gone out of his way to setup and attend a meet with the club.

Yes its not idea but its more than they had before the meeting.

Slowly slowly is the way to go, 

Plus he is right you may all spout on about only 4 flags but just how many of you would go in the EE and wave a flag anyway !

Get off the guys back, he is being pro active and has OUR CLUB at heart

Cheers

Mark

On a side note I think some off you that have answered this are just taking the piss, the guy has gone out of his way to setup and attend a meet with the club.

Yes its not idea but its more than they had before the meeting.

Slowly slowly is the way to go, 

Plus he is right you may all spout on about only 4 flags but just how many of you would go in the EE and wave a flag anyway !

Get off the guys back, he is being pro active and has OUR CLUB at heart

Cheers

Mark

Yes its not idea but its more than they had before the meeting ... That part is inaccurate. It is less than previous seasons. There have been numerous meetings not attended by the opening poster over years. There are now just months left and the club have changed what was already in place.

The chap has been pro active and not knocking that but be proactive with your own fans first??

What about consulting with the chaps who have already have been to meetings and already have or did have agreements in place? do you not find being up to speed on things would be far better in any meeting for all concerned?

Slowly slowly is the way to go? so slow since 2007, the stand will be gone soon

Nothing against the OP but for god sake how many times must we have to agree on something only for it to be broken and another meeting set up to re-fix it? all this flag waving was agreed many moons ago (too much goal post moving), I feeling I have better things I can make use of my time with than cutting through red tape from broken agreements

Nothing new. Flags are very controversial in football. Chelsea actually give away flags to their supporters to wave and this led to the following comment by Rafael Benitez while he was Liverpool manager......

fsw.jpg

.....Rafael Benitez subsequently became the Chelsea manager and the Chelsea supporters never forgave him for these comments.

Archived