IGNORED

East End Stewards & Flags: Meeting

EnclosureSurge

It seems to me then that there are too many "factions [for want of a better word]"

They all have the fans/BCFC at heart and im happy to help anyone of them.

It seems to me there is Enclosure surge and his faction Surge Enclosure.

What ever it is on his chest maybe he could use a couple of hundred extra words to get there.

Thanks very much to those supporters - ES included - who took the time and trouble to come along and have a proper face to face discussion on Saturday. We achieved more in fifteen minutes than any amount of anonymous accusations and counter accusations on an internet forum will ever do.

I'd like to try and clarify a few points if I can.

• The local safety authority are responsible for making sure that all aspects of current government legislation are enforced.
  • They make regular inspections of the ground, announced and unannounced, and we have to make sure that we are fully compliant with the regulations.
  • We don't make the rules, but we do have to abide by them. If we don't, then we run the risk of having capacity reduced in certain areas of the ground, or even stands closed.
  • Nobody at City wants that to happen.
  • The yellow hatched area at the back of the EE is a designated emergency exit route. As such it has to be kept clear at all times.
  • That's why we need to restrict the number of large flags waved in that hatched area during the game
  • We welcome the colour and the atmosphere that the EE brings to the ground, but we cannot allow a free for all. The 70's were the 70's, and like it or not, we live in a very different world now. To re-iterate - we don't make the rules, but we do have to abide by them.
  • We would welcome smaller flags such as shown in some of the photos. In fact, this was discussed at the meeting on Saturday and I'm surprised it's not been raised. We agreed that they would be fine as long as they had a suitable plastic pole, and one of the fans who came to the meeting was going to look into it and get back to us.
  • Personally I think a whole end of flags being waved would look great, and we're happy to work with fans to see how that can be achieved.
  • As I have said a hundred times before, I am always available to discuss any aspect of the football club and how it's run. Call me on 0117 963 0683. Email me at david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk. Come and find me on a matchday. I am now based in the sales office in the Williams Car Park, so come and have a chat if you are around during the week. I will be in the away end at Tranmere on Saturday - come and say hello.

COYR

Is this not the point though? all this was discussed before FACE TO FACE but now we have less than before in terms of flag waving? many who attended meetings in the past were not aware of this other meeting and could not give views of the past and that does not mean the 1970's or 1980's, two decades missing since then, as I said we have less than was agreed and now in a lower division of less people in the stand.

Yes fans should talk but also BCFC should talk to each other on what one hand agreed where the other hand changes things?

Example: No smoking signs!!! we were told we could cover them with flags this season only to find stewards taking flags back off

Are there special force stewards trained in flag restraining tactics hidden under the netting now if any stray outside the yellow marked flag waving zone?

I detect ever so slight sarcasm.

How many could have foreseen designated flag waving areas at designated times with designated numbers?

Never say never.

I take it you are the same kevinmabbuuttshair that had as his signature on Ziderheads 'David Lloyd is a c*** (no asterisks)? I then contacted you - in May - and offered to meet up for a chat and discuss why you thought that and to see if we could find some common ground. You declined, presumably because you're happier having anonymous pops at me from the safety of your keyboard.  So having already established that you are a troll and a coward, you are now proved to be a liar as well.

The ziderheads forum even has a 'c*** of the year award' - you should feel honoured being called a c***. I get called a c*** on a regular basis as does just about every poster on the ziderheads forum - it's a term of endearment over there.

The ziderheads forum even has a 'c*** of the year award' - you should feel honoured being called a c***. I get called a c*** on a regular basis as does just about every poster on the ziderheads forum - it's a term of endearment over there.

Disingenuous mate.

Mind you somehow I had the moniker "gay c***" at one time!

Unbelievable comment. I take it you are the same kevinmabbuuttshair that had as his signature on Ziderheads 'David Lloyd is a c*** (no asterisks)? I then contacted you - in May - and offered to meet up for a chat and discuss why you thought that and to see if we could find some common ground. You declined, presumably because you're happier having anonymous pops at me from the safety of your keyboard.  So having already established that you are a troll and a coward, you are now proved to be a liar as well.

I am always happy to debate with anyone, and I will take any fair criticism on the chin, but I will not stand by and let people get away with posting rubbish like this.

Dave, hope you take this in the way intended.

While I agree with many of the sentiments of KMH (generally, not this thread), I do not agree with the way in which expressed.

You have called him a troll, coward and liar - and I do not blame you, or for words to the effect you will not be bullied.

How about taking some of that fighting talk to the authorities responsible for these ludicrous rules? Why not allow some of the more insanely ludicrous ones to be broken, and invite the authorities to "bring it on?"

Your other post above gives the impression of just being walked over.

The 70's are rightly long gone for the violence, but there is no reason in this world why todays generation cannot experience the same colour, noise, spontaneity and vibrancy.

You've shown you're not a man to be messed with. Why not play hardball with the killjoys ruining our fun?

Thanks very much to those supporters - ES included - who took the time and trouble to come along and have a proper face to face discussion on Saturday. We achieved more in fifteen minutes than any amount of anonymous accusations and counter accusations on an internet forum will ever do.

I'd like to try and clarify a few points if I can.

• The local safety authority are responsible for making sure that all aspects of current government legislation are enforced.
  • They make regular inspections of the ground, announced and unannounced, and we have to make sure that we are fully compliant with the regulations.
  • We don't make the rules, but we do have to abide by them. If we don't, then we run the risk of having capacity reduced in certain areas of the ground, or even stands closed.
  • Nobody at City wants that to happen.
  • The yellow hatched area at the back of the EE is a designated emergency exit route. As such it has to be kept clear at all times.
  • That's why we need to restrict the number of large flags waved in that hatched area during the game
  • We welcome the colour and the atmosphere that the EE brings to the ground, but we cannot allow a free for all. The 70's were the 70's, and like it or not, we live in a very different world now. To re-iterate - we don't make the rules, but we do have to abide by them.
  • We would welcome smaller flags such as shown in some of the photos. In fact, this was discussed at the meeting on Saturday and I'm surprised it's not been raised. We agreed that they would be fine as long as they had a suitable plastic pole, and one of the fans who came to the meeting was going to look into it and get back to us.
  • Personally I think a whole end of flags being waved would look great, and we're happy to work with fans to see how that can be achieved.
  • As I have said a hundred times before, I am always available to discuss any aspect of the football club and how it's run. Call me on 0117 963 0683. Email me at david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk. Come and find me on a matchday. I am now based in the sales office in the Williams Car Park, so come and have a chat if you are around during the week. I will be in the away end at Tranmere on Saturday - come and say hello.

COYR

Dave a couple of queries re red letter lines above;

If large flags cannot be waved in these escape routes hatched areas, why can they not be waved in other areas?

What exactly is the maximum size a flag can be before its classed as large?

Cant quite understand how less than half a dozen "large flags" can prove more of a hazard in case of an emergency than 100`s if not 1000`s of smaller ones?

What are "the rules" anyway? :read:

Not a dig just curious :dunno:

There are no 'rules' in this specific case, just common sense. It's not the size of the flags that's the problem in the hatched space, it's the number of people congregating in that area to wave them. Those large flags can be waved at the front, while the game's not in play. Those who wave them rightly report that they don't like to wave them during the match as people behind them complain that they can't see.  

Just out of interest, were those people that had numerous meetings with the club about the EE and all that in it invited to this meeting?

Trying to work out who attended and how it was decided they would meet with the club?

There was a problem with flags at the Crawley game, and I was anxious to get to the bottom of how it happened. At the same time I was contacted by some of the supporters who had been involved in an argument with stewards etc and I though that if we got together we ought to be able to resolve it. I know the fans personally and know they are good honest lads. I arranged for those supporters to meet myself and our Head of Operations and the Safety Officer (also good honest lads by the way) before Saturday's game so we could work out what had gone wrong and make sure it doesn't happen again. We had a good constructive meeting and agreed on a way forward. That's how I like to work. Endless 'he said, you said, she said' threads on the internet achieve nothing.

Just out of interest is there any breakdown of injurys inflicted by the waving of flags on poles to make them a health and safety issue? Or is the perceived threat of injury? Or in fact is just the club don't want to hear people complaining which I would find hard to believe as in the east end you are free to move around and everyone in there knows what to expect anyway.

One of your best ever posts Gobbers :clapping:

Just out of interest is there any breakdown of injurys inflicted by the waving of flags on poles to make them a health and safety issue? Or is the perceived threat of injury? Or in fact is just the club don't want to hear people complaining which I would find hard to believe as in the east end you are free to move around and everyone in there knows what to expect anyway.

How about getting some Poles down the Gate, with or without flags? We have ties (not for the flags/ poles) do we not?

Let's take a moment to reflect just how nice the Eastend could look if people would only dress a bit more smartly and stop waving those flags about.

Standing-ovation.jpg

Hurrah!

Basically, the leadership of Bristol City FC is now insisting on very exacting moral and ethical standards of behaviour. No swearing, no flag waving, no traditional football atmosphere with delightful obscene chants   :shifty:   - this club will die on its feet because I can't see the type of people this club is now trying to attract wanting to watch 3rd tier football.

Basically, the leadership of Bristol City FC is now insisting on very exacting moral and ethical standards of behaviour. No swearing, no flag waving, no traditional football atmosphere with delightful obscene chants :shifty: - this club will die on its feet because I can't see the type of people this club is now trying to attract wanting to watch 3rd tier football.

Watch out or may face a lifetime ban speaking out like that!

So dave l, as we're all good honest lads together, perhaps you could tell me when the council policy changed, ,making your previous promise about flags invalid ,! ( or are the club just making it up as they go along ) on the subject of promises,what happened about your promise made at fans parliament that the practise of double checking tickets in the e e would stop ? it has never stopped! in fact they have now, moved it back to the bottom of the steps. it seems that the club takes absurdly no notice of what you say, so why should the supporters?

Let's take a moment to reflect just how nice the Eastend could look if people would only dress a bit more smartly and stop waving those flags about.

Standing-ovation.jpg

Hurrah!

Is this a photo of the pitch invasion from the game against the SAGs?

Small wonder the blue few were so terrified.

Ban them all for life! -  and don't forget to give them their big bonuses plus a golden handshake.

Yes - cos that's exactly what I was advocating. Put the flags under some timber and deliberately throwing lit fags under them.

As you started.......

If you really, really feel that we as a society, need a moron-minder to accompany our every move or decision, then I feel desperately sorry tor you.

I'm trying to find the link between our posts - are you saying that if smokers had attended a meeting with their stewards at Bradford, and the stewards had said, "setting fire to a wooden stand full of people is bad" - then the smokers wouldn't have done it.??  Is that what you really think, that we need to ask everyone else to take responsibility for our actions?

If you saw a child being assaulted, would you try to stop it, or contact your local PCSO for advice, just to check that fiddling with a kiddy is wrong.

You are this weeks example of a PC drone. Well done. Your "How to tell what's right or wrong" starter pack is in the post.

Be sure to ask your local "life responsibility consultant" which is the best way to open it, without a lesbian being stoned in Brunei.

Jesus..........

Or it might be that sometimes rules work for the benefit and safety of others, even though some might not see how until after disaster has struck?

Not every time mind - hence Dave L meeting with people such as the OP to work out a solution.

I have no desire to cause any innocent lesbians to be sentenced to being stoned either.

Here we bloody go again...

It's quite simple.

The govt runs the country. They pass local govt on to local councils. They set things like safety certificates and standards. Individual clubs and organisations and stadia have to abide by these.

No-one's banned any flags - no wonder you think I'm not explaining this well! Point to where I said, flags are banned !!

The simple fact is there are rules about what you can do in a stadium with a potentially dangerous object (I defy anyone to come on here and say a ten foot pole isn't a dangerous object!! I'm not saying anyone would use it thus, but again, we've got the hooligans of the 80s to thank for that. Maybe some on here are too young to remember that).

Don't you think there might be a rule or a regulation about bringing a gun into the EE? Stupid comparison? Don't think so. Ask Liverpool fans what they used as 'weapons' when they returned from Europe in the 80s wearing their stolen Sergio Tacchini trackies, or Leeds fans coming back from Paris in 75 when they were subsequently banned for 4 years, or Millwall fans from any game early 80s to ... whenever. 

That's just 3 examples off the top of me bonce. Without even thinking.

Legacy - that laminated A4 sheet on the turnstile door you probably walk past every Sat as you go in the EE. It says don't do this, you can do that...

And you're having a pop at me?!! Bleeding hell.

Some people seriously need a history lesson, a civic lesson and a thinking skills lesson.

As for Why on earth is anyone even bothering to "talk" - cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese, I refer you to all my previous comments on an anarchic EE and how far that would get us, if you've even read more than one line of one post? Let's just wave the bloody things then. next game? No flags. Kick off again? Reduced capacity in the EE. Next? No more EE in this last year we can stand there. So, you decide.

Riot! Let's not talk any more! Do what we want! We're all anarchists! Anarchy in the U- wait a minute the X-Factor's on, I'll join in next week, yeah?

F* me it's like banging your wotsit against a brick wotsit.

WOT'S NOT TO F* GET?!!! LET'S ALL HAVE A DISCO DOESN'T WORK!!!!!

Sorry, don't mean to have a go, but, honestly. Eeeee me grapes :#

way too much.

calm it down a bit.

I can't read all that in one go.

Archived