IGNORED

This Forum

CosmosUK

Sorry but I cannot sit here and read it anymore without saying something. There are actually a few posters on here who have a good degree of football intelligence and realise that changing a football club in its entirety is not an overnight or indeed a one season job. I am sick to death of all the negativity and complaining. For instance let's be honest with ourselves, theres a few on here who think they do know better because theyve played or coached at a decent level, but can anyone honestly say they know more about how to set up a team than a manager as experienced as SOD. Its pathetic, honestly if YOU the "fans" want something done about it because your too naive and know nothing about football, why dont you start waving banners and organising protests before each game?  See how far that gets you,

Maybe the dinosaur warnock will save you! Its staggering people say they would want him or even holloway here, imagine the dross, overaged overpaid players and total abuse of the loan system, and not a single academy product in the side. If anyone actually thought we would be in the top half this season, you are severely deluded. People complaining about keeping possesion in our own half and "sideways" passing. Makes me cringe, have you watched Spain? Or Italy in the past?. Even down to the point of someone critiscising a players routine at corners. What makes you think that JET or Baldock are even capable of scoring a header direct from a corner, or anyone else for that matter.

Fully prepared and waiting for some abuse from the negative nigels so fire away.

Standard that after 8 points from 4 one defeat to an own goal and one of the first topics is about preparing for relegation.

Maybe because we didn't deserve anything from Oldham, we got lucky v Crawley and we failed to beat a terrible Tranmere.

Now we've just watched us play against an awful Sheff Utd with one man up front at home and rarely threaten.

Happy days though eh? Everything's really good.

Just like watching Spain isn't it?

The question really is why is the standard so poor?

My old man turned to me part through 2nd half and said how poor the control of the ball is, and we just head it from the back anywhere.

Moloney and Flint in particular just head it forward blindly. I mean that's real lower league stuff. When do you see decent players do that?

Look for a man you fking half wits!

I'm not a qualified coach. I'm also not a weatherman, but I know when it's raining.

Passing the ball across the back four and then backwards. Then punting it forward to a midget with no hope of making contact with the ball, let alone hold it up, is neither Spanish or Italian in style.

I've just watched the most dreadful game of football for which there can be no excuses. I didn't expect top of the table, but expect better than what I saw today.

Sorry but I cannot sit here and read it anymore without saying something. There are actually a few posters on here who have a good degree of football intelligence and realise that changing a football club in its entirety is not an overnight or indeed a one season job. I am sick to death of all the negativity and complaining. For instance let's be honest with ourselves, theres a few on here who think they do know better because theyve played or coached at a decent level, but can anyone honestly say they know more about how to set up a team than a manager as experienced as SOD. Its pathetic, honestly if YOU the "fans" want something done about it because your too naive and know nothing about football, why dont you start waving banners and organising protests before each game? See how far that gets you,

Maybe the dinosaur warnock will save you! Its staggering people say they would want him or even holloway here, imagine the dross, overaged overpaid players and total abuse of the loan system, and not a single academy product in the side. If anyone actually thought we would be in the top half this season, you are severely deluded. People complaining about keeping possesion in our own half and "sideways" passing. Makes me cringe, have you watched Spain? Or Italy in the past?. Even down to the point of someone critiscising a players routine at corners. What makes you think that JET or Baldock are even capable of scoring a header direct from a corner, or anyone else for that matter.

Fully prepared and waiting for some abuse from the negative nigels so fire away.

What a great post. So easy to sit behind a computer, read a few reports and tell it exactly like it is. Oh and call people happy clappers just for good measure.

I'm not a qualified coach. I'm also not a weatherman, but I know when it's raining.

Passing the ball across the back four and then backwards. Then punting it forward to a midget with no hope of making contact with the ball, let alone hold it up, is neither Spanish or Italian in style.

I've just watched the most dreadful game of football for which there can be no excuses. I didn't expect top of the table, but expect better than what I saw today.

+1

Sorry but I cannot sit here and read it anymore without saying something. There are actually a few posters on here who have a good degree of football intelligence and realise that changing a football club in its entirety is not an overnight or indeed a one season job. I am sick to death of all the negativity and complaining. For instance let's be honest with ourselves, theres a few on here who think they do know better because theyve played or coached at a decent level, but can anyone honestly say they know more about how to set up a team than a manager as experienced as SOD. Its pathetic, honestly if YOU the "fans" want something done about it because your too naive and know nothing about football, why dont you start waving banners and organising protests before each game?  See how far that gets you,

Just keep happy and clappy all the way to League 2.

Maybe because we didn't deserve anything from Oldham, we got lucky v Crawley and we failed to beat a terrible Tranmere.

Now we've just watched us play against an awful Sheff Utd with one man up front at home and rarely threaten.

A terrible Tranmere who won 5-1 today away at Coventry who have been playing really well despite their problems... a terrible Tranmere who are now what 6 unbeaten ???

Can't see a problem with folks blathering on on here. Not with things as they are just now.

Where I was in the ground today, the crowd, again, were patient, tolerant, restrained, if pretty quiet for long stretches. No chance for sod to blame anyone around me. And this is how it should be. Not at the players at the game; chewing over the bones on here (whatever the merits of the quality of criticism)

Passionless, shapeless, no confidence, shot shy, mind numbing, turgid shite.

Sitting here clapping happily in the relegation zone.

The suit of clothes is altogether the most fabulous suit of clothes clothes that I have have ever seen.

Its football Jim but not as we know it.

You've made yourself look a bit silly there, did you even read what I wrote? I don't give a toss whether it went in off their goalkeeper's arse, 8 points from 4 and then one defeat to a ridiculous own goal is hardly 'preparation for relegation' no matter how you look at it.

You've made yourself look a bit silly there, did you even read what I wrote? I don't give a toss whether it went in off their goalkeeper's arse, 8 points from 4 and then one defeat to a ridiculous own goal is hardly 'preparation for relegation' no matter how you look at it.

What did you think of today's performance?

Did you see us play Tranmere?

Missed it, but then I've only missed 3 games this season but if that's you're rubbish response like in the Swindon thread then you are not worth debating with.. you seem like an angry bitter man.

The fact is we play well and don't get the result, people moan... we play ugly and get the result.. people like you moan and say we are lucky. Usual bollocks you expect from someone who's happy spouting off when we lose.

Missed it, but then I've only missed 3 games this season but if that's you're rubbish response like in the Swindon thread then you are not worth debating with.. you seem like an angry bitter man.

The fact is we play well and don't get the result, people moan... we play ugly and get the result.. people like you moan and say we are lucky. Usual bollocks you expect from someone who's happy spouting off when we lose.

So my point is. On the two games you've pointed out something with me.

We've concluded you didn't attend either.

Must look better from the radio. I assure you Tranmere were sh*t, so were Sheff Utd.

We got 1 point from the two games.

You'll have to take my word for it seeing as you weren't at either...

Must look better from the radio. I assure you Tranmere were sh*t, so were Sheff Utd.

You'll have to take my word for it seeing as you weren't at either...[/quote

So why is yours the only opinion we should listen to?

You'll have to take my word for it seeing as you weren't at either...

You having a dig? What a condescending prig you actually are... especially that last comment.

My point was that Tranmere cant be a bad team considering they are unbeaten in a few games now. You say we were lucky against Crawley?? Hardly.. we weren't great but we still were comfortable, same with Oldham despite they're possession or apparent dominance we were relatively comfortable and Parrish was barely tested. Vale you mentioned? Excellent performance blighted by a moment of madness by Flint.

The way you post week in, week out it seems we should be on zero points because every performance is borderline awful when in fact barring today, Posh and possibly Oldham its not been that bad.

It's not.

But if someone is going to question the quality of the team we play, it's probably not a bad idea to having been at the game.

By the way, if it wasn't so bad - how come the booing of the manager and team at full time?

You said in another post its embarrassing to be in this league... why is it exactly??

Its where we spent most our history floating around the third tier and we deserve to be where we are playing these 'poor' teams which we have been year in, year out barring some vacation time away in the 2nd tier.

This is the quality of your argument. Dear God.

Hence the point this forum - which has a mix of people who don't actually see the performance - can be of the view things aren't bad.

We play one up front at home to a terrible side.

We lose.

We rarely threaten.

The style of football is appalling.

Now tell me why should you ignore the fact the paying customers booed?

Hence the point this forum - which has a mix of people who don't actually see the performance - can be of the view things aren't bad.

We play one up front at home to a terrible side.

We lose.

We rarely threaten.

The style of football is appalling.

Now tell me why should you ignore the fact the paying customers booed?

So its ok for you to have an opinion should you not make a football match but no one else then??

You having a dig? What a condescending prig you actually are... especially that last comment.

My point was that Tranmere cant be a bad team considering they are unbeaten in a few games now. You say we were lucky against Crawley?? Hardly.. we weren't great but we still were comfortable, same with Oldham despite they're possession or apparent dominance we were relatively comfortable and Parrish was barely tested. Vale you mentioned? Excellent performance blighted by a moment of madness by Flint.

The way you post week in, week out it seems we should be on zero points because every performance is borderline awful when in fact barring today, Posh and possibly Oldham its not been that bad.

He never said Tranmere are a bad team, he said they were awful against us. Big difference.

Archived