IGNORED

This Forum

CosmosUK

When you're not at a game it's very hard to appreciate just how poor it is.

A 1-0 loss on paper is how it looks to someone not there.

A late own goal - unlucky.

Well no. It was rubbish. It was low standard football. No passion. Frightened to death to run at a man, of losing the ball. No probing.

Just awful low standard football with no end product.

You want to know how bad it was and how awful Sheff U were? Just ask anyone?

Maybe ask all the people around me in the Williams who booed at the end.

Seriously bud... I wasn't their yesterday, but I've been to most this season at home.

I've read your opinions of games I've been too, and it was like you weren't their at all.

What you see and say are ridiculous imho... no disrespect... but seriously mate...you talk some absolute bollox, whether you were their or not.

It's like you're stuck in the 70's and 80's and have no understanding of modern football, tactics and techniques.

Unfortunately you are like a lot who moan on here and complain and harp on about the good ol' day's with Tinnion and Murray...

As good as it was to watch back then...if we played that way now,... we'd be bottom of the 2nd... times have moved on...unfortunately a lot of City fans are still stuck back their and don't get modern football.

He's right though... we've had 5 years of dross, probably longer with no real plans set afoot to stabilise the club through the rough times.

It wont change overnight or even a season so you either suck it up and go or you don't.

What maddens me is that every attempt by the EE (to whom much respect) to liven up the experience is stamped on by the stewards, while flares are set off in the away section :grr:

You probably read my expectations... but is it SoD's fault... any manager would have been in the same situation yesterday.

We lost to an own goal late in the game...we could have grabbed a late winner without that own goal...won 1-0 and the reactions on here would be completely different.

We apparently weren't over run... it could have gone either way.

What is evident... we have a run of unbeaten games and it all goes quiet on here.

We lose 1-0 to an own goal and it all goes ******* mental again...

We could win 4-0 on Tuesday and some idiots will be talking of play offs... it's a ******* joke on here mate...

People rant and rave and think the Club and players aren't trying.

Yes they've made mistakes...and will continue to do so... as will many other Clubs in this Country... even Sheffield Utd who are miles bigger than us.

It's ridiculous the comments written on here..purely born out of frustrations, and comes across as small children throwing their toys out the pram, and asking for people to fix it over night for them...as they can't do it themselves and haven't the answers...

Children having a tantrum...that's how it comes across to be frank.

Does it follow that any manager would have followed the same tactics against predictably defensive opposition? The overall position of the club has historic roots that are nothing to do with SOD. Player recruitment, team selection, tactics and approach are matters on which he is as open to praise and criticism as any other coach. I don't follow the argument that he should get a free pass on those things because of the wider context.

Some do indeed rant, including those who rant that anybody who is critical lacks intelligence, football knowledge and other generalisations. Ranting is ranting, and tantrums are tantrums, whichever side of the argument they come from.

I can';t say I have seen accusations of lack of effort by the way, a criticism that was certainly justified last season.

Seriously bud... I wasn't their yesterday, but I've been to most this season at home.

I've read your opinions of games I've been too, and it was like you weren't their at all.

What you see and say are ridiculous imho... no disrespect... but seriously mate...you talk some absolute bollox, whether you were their or not.

It's like you're stuck in the 70's and 80's and have no understanding of modern football, tactics and techniques.

Unfortunately you are like a lot who moan on here and complain and harp on about the good ol' day's with Tinnion and Murray...

As good as it was to watch back then...if we played that way now,... we'd be bottom of the 2nd... times have moved on...unfortunately a lot of City fans are still stuck back their and don't get modern football.

Try winding your neck in a bit Spudski.  I'm sure I can't be the only one on here who's sick of seeing of reading how you know more about football than anyone else and how anyone who disagrees with you is talking bollox.  

You insult people then call them 'mate' or 'bud'.  It's just nauseating.  I never imagined there could be a more irritating poster than Robbored, but bloody hell you're making a fine stab at it.

So what would you do that would change everything over night then clever clogs...or just moan on here?

for a start i would have two up top at home and not make my only attacking option to lump it up in the air to a 5 foot nothing striker on his own, had you been there to witness it you may see this as more fact than just moaning for the sake of it, my only other comment on the game was that i was bored rigid, again a fact born out by others who were actually there, not sat in there armchairs telling others who could be botheredto attend what they should be feeling after the game.

and what if you are both wrong and he is taking us to hell in a hand cart?

We are going to hell in a hand cart anyway and have been for years which has culminated in the lowly position we are now.

if it wasnt for supporters like me who actually attend there wouldnt  be a club would there, "suck it up or dont go" ? FFS!

We're all in the same boat here, I am a supporter like you. I know the issues regarding the club yet I will go regardless.. if its tedious, its tedious. If its dross, its dross.. you pay your money and take that chance.

So yeah suck it up or don't go.. its really that simple.

What maddens me is that every attempt by the EE (to whom much respect) to liven up the experience is stamped on by the stewards, while flares are set off in the away section :grr:

I hope the two lads who were given 3 year bans write to City for letting off a smoke bomb if they heard about the flare in the EE yesterday and the club fail to act on it.

Stewarding in the EE is rubbish and over zealous.

So who would you have played yesterday and what tactics would you have employed that would have gauranteed a win?

I would have asked our midfield to run at players.

As I said yesterday the difference in going to AG to when I go to the Madejski is the willingness of players to run with the ball.

City players don't do it. It's as if they're frightened of the ball and want to get rid as safely and as quickly as possible.

Yet watching Reading, they run at players - from wing backs to the centre midfield - you know what happens? 20,000 start getting behind them and it inevitably makes life very hard for the opponent.

At AG, we play sideways, we lump it, our crowd groans and it spirals down from there.

I despair, I really do.

for a start i would have two up top at home and not make my only attacking option to lump it up in the air to a 5 foot nothing striker on his own, had you been there to witness it you may see this as more fact than just moaning for the sake of it, my only other comment on the game was that i was bored rigid, again a fact born out by others who were actually there, not sat in there armchairs telling others who could be botheredto attend what they should be feeling after the game.

Mate...I go to most games and have seen the way we play.

What you feel after a game means **** all in the big picture...coming moaning on here is going to do what? Make you feel a bit better? That's good then...

I listen to a lot of fans shouting and moaning at the Gate... and I often wonder if they actually understand football, because they all seem in a time warp tbh...so those moaning and booing...I seriously couldn't give a shit about because they seem to know **** all.

So who would you have played yesterday and what tactics would you have employed that would have gauranteed a win?

I certainly would have tried Burns wide, 2 up front against a poor defense, But then again i could have played the reserves against them they would have shown more passion. Sod is negative and gets negatives results.

Open your eyes.

They should put City as a punishment from the courts!

I would have asked our midfield to run at players.

As I said yesterday the difference in going to AG to when I go to the Madejski is the willingness of players to run with the ball.

City players don't do it. It's as if they're frightened of the ball and want to get rid as safely and as quickly as possible.

Yet watching Reading, they run at players - from wing backs to the centre midfield - you know what happens? 20,000 start getting behind them and it inevitably makes life very hard for the opponent.

At AG, we play sideways, we lump it, our crowd groans and it spirals down from there.

I despair, I really do.

Then become a Reading fan if you like it so much....you'd probably be complaining when they were in League 2 and playing shite football in a shite stadium... swings and roundabouts mate... some seasons are good...some are shit...it's football...

Mate...I go to most games and have seen the way we play.

What you feel after a game means **** all in the big picture...coming moaning on here is going to do what? Make you feel a bit better? That's good then...

I listen to a lot of fans shouting and moaning at the Gate... and I often wonder if they actually understand football, because they all seem in a time warp tbh...so those moaning and booing...I seriously couldn't give a shit about because they seem to know **** all.

likewise your thoughts on the game also mean **** all, does it make you feel better defending the abject shit we have put up with year after year ? oh im sorry i  forgot you got some deeper understanding of football than the rest of us mere mortals.

We are going to hell in a hand cart anyway and have been for years which has culminated in the lowly position we are now.

We're all in the same boat here, I am a supporter like you. I know the issues regarding the club yet I will go regardless.. if its tedious, its tedious. If its dross, its dross.. you pay your money and take that chance.

So yeah suck it up or don't go.. its really that simple.

No way, I will suck nothing up, and I won't be running away either. 

I want to carry on going and support my team doing far better than it is with the resources it has at it's disposal, as it should be. If I feel it's falling short of that, which it is, I'll say so. This is about our football team for goodness sake, not whether we go to Sainsburys or not.

I certainly would have tried Burns wide, 2 up front against a poor defense, But then again i could have played the reserves against them they would have shown more passion. Sod is negative and gets negatives results.

Open your eyes.

They should put City as a punishment from the courts!

My eye's are open mate...we'd have got beaten big time if we'd played your tactics.

I've watched Burns at FGR's and for us...he ain't good enough yet.

It's ridiculous comments like play the reserves, that make me understand the mentality i'm talking too...waste of breath tbh.

Completely missed my point.

Why do they do it and we don't?

Why are our players frightened to death of the ball?

Absolutely unacceptable standard of football.

Why don't you ask them and find out why they are scared to death of the ball?

I don't agree with SO'D setting them up not to lose rather than win but its well documented how fragile our defence actually is and trying to install some confidence with a few clean sheets isn't necessarily a bad thing.

likewise your thoughts on the game also mean **** all, does it make you feel better defending the abject shit we have put up with year after year ? oh im sorry i  forgot you got some deeper understanding of football than the rest of us mere mortals.

Who's defending it? It is crap...but what are you suggesting we do that is gaurenteed to do better?

All the bollox talked on here is irrelevant...it's all bollox... We are in the shit because of years of mistakes...

We are reaping what we sowed... it's not going to change this season...how come you can't realise this?

It's something any football fan can see...in the same way big teams like Sheffield Utd and Pompey are in the shit... it happens...it's football...massive mistakes have been made....

No way, I will suck nothing up, and I won't be running away either. 

I want to carry on going and support my team doing far better than it is with the resources it has at it's disposal, as it should be. If I feel it's falling short of that, which it is, I'll say so. This is about our football team for goodness sake, not whether we go to Sainsburys or not.

Carry on and say so then, in the end your opinion, my opinion and anyone elses opinion doesn't matter when it boils down to it.

Do you really think the powers that be listen to the fans? Judging by the evidence they don't.

Why don't you ask them and find out why they are scared to death of the ball?

I don't agree with SO'D setting them up not to lose rather than win but its well documented how fragile our defence actually is and trying to install some confidence with a few clean sheets isn't necessarily a bad thing.

So are they incapable of running with the ball??

You know the problem v Sheff U?

They weren't in trouble through the game.

Backwards passes, sideways passes, nobody moving everyone static.

They'll deal with that all day.

We set ourselves up to fail.

Archived