IGNORED

This Forum

CosmosUK

Sorry but I cannot sit here and read it anymore without saying something. There are actually a few posters on here who have a good degree of football intelligence and realise that changing a football club in its entirety is not an overnight or indeed a one season job. I am sick to death of all the negativity and complaining. For instance let's be honest with ourselves, theres a few on here who think they do know better because theyve played or coached at a decent level, but can anyone honestly say they know more about how to set up a team than a manager as experienced as SOD. Its pathetic, honestly if YOU the "fans" want something done about it because your too naive and know nothing about football, why dont you start waving banners and organising protests before each game?  See how far that gets you,

Maybe the dinosaur warnock will save you! Its staggering people say they would want him or even holloway here, imagine the dross, overaged overpaid players and total abuse of the loan system, and not a single academy product in the side. If anyone actually thought we would be in the top half this season, you are severely deluded. People complaining about keeping possesion in our own half and "sideways" passing. Makes me cringe, have you watched Spain? Or Italy in the past?. Even down to the point of someone critiscising a players routine at corners. What makes you think that JET or Baldock are even capable of scoring a header direct from a corner, or anyone else for that matter.

Fully prepared and waiting for some abuse from the negative nigels so fire away.

Bottom seven or so all season. Inability to score goals consistently. Inability to keep many clean sheets. Dull, uninspiring, negative interviews in a dull boring monotone. Sir this is a stupid question.

Your right, it is a forum and people are entitled to their views. If i want to critiscise them then I will, and im happy for people to complain about me complaining about them complaining about their club. Swings and roundabouts.

Thats fair enough. The only issue i have is you lambast posters for being negative. People understand the 5 pillars fully but being down at the bottom of league 1 was never part of the plan, by odriscolls own admission he didnt expect it to be that bad. People have every right to feel let down, comparisons with spain and italy just isnt within the realms of reality!

Thats fair enough. The only issue i have is you lambast posters for being negative. People understand the 5 pillars fully but being down at the bottom of league 1 was never part of the plan, by odriscolls own admission he didnt expect it to be that bad. People have every right to feel let down, comparisons with spain and italy just isnt within the realms of reality!

alas, the game of football is actually pretty simple. We are nowhere near the standard of either of those teams obviously but you can tell this is the strategy that is being implemented on the playing staff, If the club did not want this style they should have hired a manager who is more traditional and direct in their application of play and/or tactics. The overwhelming positive for me is we are not conceding as many goals as we have done over the past few years, which I am more happy about than our current lack of goals, if we can establish a solid back 4 this season then that whill be a plus.

alas, the game of football is actually pretty simple. We are nowhere near the standard of either of those teams obviously but you can tell this is the strategy that is being implemented on the playing staff, If the club did not want this style they should have hired a manager who is more traditional and direct in their application of play and/or tactics. The overwhelming positive for me is we are not conceding as many goals as we have done over the past few years, which I am more happy about than our current lack of goals, if we can establish a solid back 4 this season then that whill be a plus.

Agree that we have come a very long way defensively. 10 Goals against in the last 9. Previous to that we let in 19 from 8. Goals scored ratio has stayed roughly the same so there has been progress. We would all like the team to be playing free-flowing attacking football and I would like to think that will come but not until we have given ourselves some breathing space from the bottom 4 and the only way that is going to happen is by keeping it tight and going on another unbeaten run. Expecting another close game tomorrow and hoping that we pick up at least a point.     

Agree that we have come a very long way defensively. 10 Goals against in the last 9. Previous to that we let in 19 from 8. Goals scored ratio has stayed roughly the same so there has been progress. We would all like the team to be playing free-flowing attacking football and I would like to think that will come but not until we have given ourselves some breathing space from the bottom 4 and the only way that is going to happen is by keeping it tight and going on another unbeaten run. Expecting another close game tomorrow and hoping that we pick up at least a point.     

if the defence has improved like you say, why is SOD going to sign another defender?, is a defender a great priority at the moment, if our defence has improved that much? a defence that he signed.

Sadly, I see no sign of this continental style new football you enthusiastically say is being slowly implemented at Bristol City. Possession football in the Spanish style is about passing and movement, not passing around while everyone is static then after about 4 minutes of faffing around, punting the ball hopefully upfield at the back of a lone forward's head.

We just did not seem likely to score on Saturday and although I do acknowledge the defence is sturdier then it was at the start of the season, the attack is weaker. It has been coached to be thus.

if the defence has improved like you say, why is SOD going to sign another defender?, is a defender a great priority at the moment, if our defence has improved that much? a defence that he signed.

We do not know what is going on behind the scenes. Perhaps we are not in a position to keep Osbourne and Shorey and maybe Wilson is on his way ? All of which would leave us dreadfully short of cover at the back. That said, the improvement defensively is for all to see.   

If there is not a lot of improvement tonight and we are as bad, then SOD should be sacked!

Be for anyone asks who could take over, simple answer to that is anything would be an improvement, even a few off of this forum!

Saying that i hope we put in a good show and take the points!

We do not know what is going on behind the scenes. Perhaps we are not in a position to keep Osbourne and Shorey and maybe Wilson is on his way ? All of which would leave us dreadfully short of cover at the back. That said, the improvement defensively is for all to see.   

it is not a very good use of the limited resources that YOU mentioned if the defence is no longer the problem, but hey ho that's BCFC and the parade of great managers for you.

If there is not a lot of improvement tonight and we are as bad, then SOD should be sacked!

Be for anyone asks who could take over, simple answer to that is anything would be an improvement, even a few off of this forum!

Saying that i hope we put in a good show and take the points!

Just like it was the last three times?

Then in that case the board hasn't a frigging clue, so some action has to be taken if things go further down the pit.

But i take it your happy and that spikey thing you got.

I totally agree.

Do I sound happy? And Horace prefers '*****ly', thank you.

sorry Horace, surprising you haven't gone bold yet watching this lot, isn't it about time you hibernated?

Don't think he hasn't considered hibernation. "I stayed awake all winter for this?", but at bottom, he's a loyal City hedgehog and he'll continue to stay up. I hope we do the same...

I have said all along playing the way we currently are we will never create enough chances for our strikers so the spotlight once again falls on the defence to keep a clean sheet.

The key to SOD's mantra is having full backs that are prepared to overlap to create the chances when we have the ball.

More often than not this season that simply hasn't happened.

I really think that the two full backs for one reason or another have been overall disappointing whether it be Moloney's lack of a tackle or Cunningham's lack of game time.  

I don't comment on games I don't attend for exactly the reason that is my point.

I simply did not see the performance or if the opposition were any good.

I'm in Italy this next week for work, you won't see me comment on the Orient game as I won't be there.

Now - why should the fact supporters booed be ignored? It wasn't a few either , it was a lot.

Can you boo in Italian please?

Just for some variation like...

I don't care if we can't hear you, just do your best.

Archived