IGNORED

This Forum

CosmosUK

I don't comment on games I don't attend for exactly the reason that is my point.

I simply did not see the performance or if the opposition were any good.

I'm in Italy this next week for work, you won't see me comment on the Orient game as I won't be there.

Now - why should the fact supporters booed be ignored? It wasn't a few either , it was a lot.

I don't comment on games I don't attend for exactly the reason that is my point.

I simply did not see the performance or if the opposition were any good.

I'm in Italy this next week for work, you won't see me comment on the Orient game as I won't be there.

Now - why should the fact supporters booed be ignored? It wasn't a few either , it was a lot.

Because sometimes not all they boo for the sake of it.

But I guess its peoples perception of the game itself... some will see the positives and others will see the negatives.

Sorry but I cannot sit here and read it anymore without saying something. There are actually a few posters on here who have a good degree of football intelligence and realise that changing a football club in its entirety is not an overnight or indeed a one season job. I am sick to death of all the negativity and complaining. For instance let's be honest with ourselves, theres a few on here who think they do know better because theyve played or coached at a decent level, but can anyone honestly say they know more about how to set up a team than a manager as experienced as SOD. Its pathetic, honestly if YOU the "fans" want something done about it because your too naive and know nothing about football, why dont you start waving banners and organising protests before each game?  See how far that gets you,

Maybe the dinosaur warnock will save you! Its staggering people say they would want him or even holloway here, imagine the dross, overaged overpaid players and total abuse of the loan system, and not a single academy product in the side. If anyone actually thought we would be in the top half this season, you are severely deluded. People complaining about keeping possesion in our own half and "sideways" passing. Makes me cringe, have you watched Spain? Or Italy in the past?. Even down to the point of someone critiscising a players routine at corners. What makes you think that JET or Baldock are even capable of scoring a header direct from a corner, or anyone else for that matter.

Fully prepared and waiting for some abuse from the negative nigels so fire away.

Surely that's what a forum is for? People venting their opinions and frustrations. Some people aren't as tolerant as you, so what, it doesn't make them any less of a supporter.

To be honest im slowly losing the will to live with this team, there is no spark, we created more last week against tranmere but it was still an abject performance. ANYONE who has a moan after today has every right too, we were shocking going forwards and Sheffield united were awful. As for the short corners they haven't been working all season, when we put the ball in the box well it is much more dangerous! We have become more solid defensively over the last month or so which is positive, but we are still making glaring mistakes and letting teams take points from us. Unless we start really putting shite sides like Sheffield to the sword we really are staring relegation in the face imo, anyone who cant see that is deluded.

Can't see a problem with folks blathering on on here. Not with things as they are just now.

Where I was in the ground today, the crowd, again, were patient, tolerant, restrained, if pretty quiet for long stretches. No chance for sod to blame anyone around me. And this is how it should be. Not at the players at the game; chewing over the bones on here (whatever the merits of the quality of criticism)

I agree with you there, Uncle Rog. It's coming up to Christmas an I fancy a Werthurs.

I find the hoards attending AG to be generally compliant. A little boo at full-time mahbe and that's it.

I've chosen to vote with my feet, and have peasantry issues.

Screw the snobs though, I say.

I await your considered address. .

Surely that's what a forum is for? People venting their opinions and frustrations. Some people aren't as tolerant as you, so what, it doesn't make them any less of a supporter.

To be honest im slowly losing the will to live with this team, there is no spark, we created more last week against tranmere but it was still an abject performance. ANYONE who has a moan after today has every right too, we were shocking going forwards and Sheffield united were awful. As for the short corners they haven't been working all season, when we put the ball in the box well it is much more dangerous! We have become more solid defensively over the last month or so which is positive, but we are still making glaring mistakes and letting teams take points from us. Unless we start really putting shite sides like Sheffield to the sword we really are staring relegation in the face imo, anyone who cant see that is deluded.

I'd take issue with this, Sheffield United weren't awful. They did exactly what they came to do, they had no intent to play flowing football or get men forward for a goal, they sat back and took everything that we threw at them, kept it tight and Maguire & Collins did a very good job at the back. Your interpretation of being a 'good' team may be free-flowing attacking football but that wasn't what they ever intended to do and unsurprisingly we couldn't break them down. That they did get a goal is blind luck but hey ho.

I agree with you there, Uncle Rog. It's coming up to Christmas an I fancy a Werthurs.

I find the hoards attending AG to be generally compliant. A little boo at full-time mahbe and that's it.

I've chosen to vote with my feet, and have peasantry issues.

Screw the snobs though, I say.

I await your considered address. .

I'm not giving you my address! I wasn't born yesterday, you know. Unlike some on here (well, some posters grandkiddies)

I'd take issue with this, Sheffield United weren't awful. They did exactly what they came to do, they had no intent to play flowing football or get men forward for a goal, they sat back and took everything that we threw at them, kept it tight and Maguire & Collins did a very good job at the back. Your interpretation of being a 'good' team may be free-flowing attacking football but that wasn't what they ever intended to do and unsurprisingly we couldn't break them down. That they did get a goal is blind luck but hey ho.

Defensively they stuck to the task but I thought every other aspect of their game was awful. The 2 Sheffield United fans sat next to me in the Dolman with their head in the their hands for most of the game confirmed this.

Defensively they stuck to the task but I thought every other aspect of their game was awful. The 2 Sheffield United fans sat next to me in the Dolman with their head in the their hands for most of the game confirmed this.

They've conceded 16 in 8 on the road before today so I'd question either your recollection or their expectations. They clearly aren't a team good enough to be strong defensively with an attacking outlet, so they sacrificed that to give themselves the strength they showed at the back. Fair play to them IMO and we won't be the last team to be frustrated by them if they continue like that.

They've conceded 16 in 8 on the road before today so I'd question either your recollection or their expectations. They clearly aren't a team good enough to be strong defensively with an attacking outlet, so they sacrificed that to give themselves the strength they showed at the back. Fair play to them IMO and we won't be the last team to be frustrated by them if they continue like that.

Two very similar sides I thought today (yesterday). Defensively good, midfield movement awful, width awful, giving the ball away awful, forward balls to the front men awful, corners awful, free kicks awful, shooting worse than awful!

Progress, what progress?

You've made yourself look a bit silly there, did you even read what I wrote? I don't give a toss whether it went in off their goalkeeper's arse, 8 points from 4 and then one defeat to a ridiculous own goal is hardly 'preparation for relegation' no matter how you look at it.

You appear to have conveniently forgotten all the games before this.

With the defeat to Sheffield its 8 points from a possible 15 - and that's our best run of the season.

I didn't go yesterday, so I won't comment on the game, but from what I've heard and read it's same old same old.

O'Driscoll's post match interview was also same old, same old.

He was almost inaudible. He was monotone and came over as  dreary , disinterested and unconcerned.

Everything is fine on Planet O'Driscoll, but in the real world, we should be afraid....very afraid!

You've made yourself look a bit silly there, did you even read what I wrote? I don't give a toss whether it went in off their goalkeeper's arse, 8 points from 4 and then one defeat to a ridiculous own goal is hardly 'preparation for relegation' no matter how you look at it.

True, but 2 wins in 17 games and being 3 points from safety, there's the platform.

What a great post. So easy to sit behind a computer, read a few reports and tell it exactly like it is. Oh and call people happy clappers just for good measure.

Or call them "negative Nigels" perhaps,as in the "great post" as you describe it? Why is it "great" to insult those on one side of the argument and not the other? I'm struggling to see how either qualifies as reasoned argument. I get particularly irked by the "You are not clever enough to understand" allegation from either side of the argument,as typified by the OP, not to mention SOD himself at times.

Most of us are perfectly intelligent enough to understand the need for long term change and had low expectations for this season. We did not expect things to be this bad however, and nor did SOD, as he has said. I don't see however that acknowledging the need for realistic expectations means that SOD, or anybody else, should get a free pass in the short term. It seems to me to be perfectly reasonable to ask what happened to the attractive passing game, to question overly negative tactics, persisting with Baldock as a lone striker, team selection or any other area of legitimate comment.

But perhaps I'm not clever enough to understand. ;)

Sorry but I cannot sit here and read it anymore without saying something. There are actually a few posters on here who have a good degree of football intelligence and realise that changing a football club in its entirety is not an overnight or indeed a one season job. I am sick to death of all the negativity and complaining. For instance let's be honest with ourselves, theres a few on here who think they do know better because theyve played or coached at a decent level, but can anyone honestly say they know more about how to set up a team than a manager as experienced as SOD. Its pathetic, honestly if YOU the "fans" want something done about it because your too naive and know nothing about football, why dont you start waving banners and organising protests before each game? See how far that gets you,

Maybe the dinosaur warnock will save you! Its staggering people say they would want him or even holloway here, imagine the dross, overaged overpaid players and total abuse of the loan system, and not a single academy product in the side. If anyone actually thought we would be in the top half this season, you are severely deluded. People complaining about keeping possesion in our own half and "sideways" passing. Makes me cringe, have you watched Spain? Or Italy in the past?. Even down to the point of someone critiscising a players routine at corners. What makes you think that JET or Baldock are even capable of scoring a header direct from a corner, or anyone else for that matter.

Fully prepared and waiting for some abuse from the negative nigels so fire away.

What a load if drivel. If you want a forum uncritical of the manager and blithely accepting of all his decisions, set up your own I *heart* Seany site.

Some of us who pay to sit. through the negative tedium delivered to us this season feel we have the right to discuss where things are going wrong, which a look at the league table will tell you they assuredly are.

I can't see much evidence of the club changing from top to bottom other than the very real possibility that we'll be changing to being in the basement next term.

Anyway, on another note, your grammar and spelling is below par on your blog Stockhausen. Do try to proofread.

What a load if drivel. If you want a forum uncritical of the manager and blithely accepting of all his decisions, set up your own I *heart* Seany site.

Some of us who pay to sit. through the negative tedium delivered to us this season feel we have the right to discuss where things are going wrong, which a look at the league table will tell you they assuredly are.

I can't see much evidence of the club changing from top to bottom other than the very real possibility that we'll be changing to being in the basement next term.

Anyway, on another note, your grammar and spelling is below par on your blog Stockhausen. Do try to proofread.

The problem is... it's like reading peoples reactions and comments on something like Brain surgery...in other words...they give comment and it's obvious they know **** all about football.

This player is shit... The Board are shit... SoD's shit... even people thinking we are playing with wingers FFS... the football knowledge on here is appalling...

Everyone thinks they know better..they rant and rave but offer no answers that are reasonable.

People are still even talking about SL cutting money without understanding FFP... it's hilarious.

Instead of ranting on here... they should all just walk with their feet.

Bringing in a new manager... bringing in a new board or owner... it's all the same... like it's gonna change over night.

The level of understanding football on here is unbelievable... this is not about the board or manager... we are reaping what we have sown for years...you could bring in God right now and a miracle wouldn't change matters.

People just rant for the sake of ranting... and haven't got any reasonable solution.

Why not all stay away...let the Club die and start again... everyone is so unhappy with it... makes perfect sense to me.

Ha ha, now that is the most laughable thing i've read this weekend.

The problem is... it's like reading peoples reactions and comments on something like Brain surgery...in other words...they give comment and it's obvious they know **** all about football.

This player is shit... The Board are shit... SoD's shit... even people thinking we are playing with wingers FFS... the football knowledge on here is appalling...

Everyone thinks they know better..they rant and rave but offer no answers that are reasonable.

People are still even talking about SL cutting money without understanding FFP... it's hilarious.

Bringing in a new manager... bringing in a new board or owner... it's all the same... like it's gonna change over night.

The level of understanding football on here is unbelievable... this is not about the board or manager... we are reaping what we have sown for years...you could bring in God right now and a miracle wouldn't change matters.

People just rant for the sake of ranting... and haven't got any reasonable solution.

Why not all stay away...let the Club die and start again... everyone is so unhappy with it... makes perfect sense to me.

Simple question, you weren't there and neither was I, but honestly when you saw the team sheet what were your expectations for yesterday?

For the avoidance of doubt, do these accusations apply to anybody who is critical of SOD ? I'm not one to rant but, I reserve the right to praise or criticise where it seems appropriate on the evidence. I'm not sure, for instance, I need a UEFA A license to suggest that tactics are too negative or to argue that using Baldock as a lone striker is not working.

I have not called for SOD to be sacked as I'm not convinced it would make much difference at this point but should I reach the conclusion at a later point that he would have to go would that automatically qualify me as ranting and knowing nothing about football?

I don't see how anybody on either side of the argument advances their case by claiming they have superior knowledge or intelligence to those who disagree with them.

Yes you read some daft things here - and will on any forum. But you don't have to be a professional to be able to proffer your opinions on some matters. Much of it isn't rocket science.

Like (for example) when you see something isn't working - when we are offering virtually no goal threat for an hour - why wait until we go one down before trying to change things?

I'm sure SOD knows more about football coaching than me, but neither he nor any other manager should be immune from criticism, because they can and do make mistakes. And we are seeing a repetion of the same mistakes here.

As for voting with their feet, thousands are. Ashton Gate on Tuesday will be a sea of empty red seats - including mine. But I don't want the club to die and be "reborn" in the Southern League or something. There are less drastic ways of dealing with the malaise at BCFC.

And I will continue to make observations on games I have seen.

But nonetheless perfectly true. That 'everything' may not have been much, but they handled all of it.

It implies we threw a lot at them.

In reality we passed it endlessly around the back and seem to lack anyone with an ability to run at them or play a searching ball.

Frightened to death to do anything wrong....

So in reality the Sheff Utd keeper for most parts of the game may as well have caught up on some light reading.

Simple question, you weren't there and neither was I, but honestly when you saw the team sheet what were your expectations for yesterday?

You probably read my expectations... but is it SoD's fault... any manager would have been in the same situation yesterday.

We lost to an own goal late in the game...we could have grabbed a late winner without that own goal...won 1-0 and the reactions on here would be completely different.

We apparently weren't over run... it could have gone either way.

What is evident... we have a run of unbeaten games and it all goes quiet on here.

We lose 1-0 to an own goal and it all goes ******* mental again...

We could win 4-0 on Tuesday and some idiots will be talking of play offs... it's a ******* joke on here mate...

People rant and rave and think the Club and players aren't trying.

Yes they've made mistakes...and will continue to do so... as will many other Clubs in this Country... even Sheffield Utd who are miles bigger than us.

It's ridiculous the comments written on here..purely born out of frustrations, and comes across as small children throwing their toys out the pram, and asking for people to fix it over night for them...as they can't do it themselves and haven't the answers...

Children having a tantrum...that's how it comes across to be frank.

.we could have grabbed a late winner without that own goal...won 1-0 

we could have played like we did for a month of sundays and not scored, its not children having a tantrum its grown men bored rigid at the football on offer, i have never been so bored watching a live match in my life, its hard work going down the gate at the moment, people have a right to be angry at what was on offer yesterday.

You probably read my expectations... but is it SoD's fault... any manager would have been in the same situation yesterday.

We lost to an own goal late in the game...we could have grabbed a late winner without that own goal...won 1-0 and the reactions on here would be completely different.

We apparently weren't over run... it could have gone either way.

What is evident... we have a run of unbeaten games and it all goes quiet on here.

We lose 1-0 to an own goal and it all goes ******* mental again...

We could win 4-0 on Tuesday and some idiots will be talking of play offs... it's a ******* joke on here mate...

People rant and rave and think the Club and players aren't trying.

Yes they've made mistakes...and will continue to do so... as will many other Clubs in this Country... even Sheffield Utd who are miles bigger than us.

It's ridiculous the comments written on here..purely born out of frustrations, and comes across as small children throwing their toys out the pram, and asking for people to fix it over night for them...as they can't do it themselves and haven't the answers...

Children having a tantrum...that's how it comes across to be frank.

Ah, the classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

When you're not at a game it's very hard to appreciate just how poor it is.

A 1-0 loss on paper is how it looks to someone not there.

A late own goal - unlucky.

Well no. It was rubbish. It was low standard football. No passion. Frightened to death to run at a man, of losing the ball. No probing.

Just awful low standard football with no end product.

You want to know how bad it was and how awful Sheff U were? Just ask anyone?

Maybe ask all the people around me in the Williams who booed at the end.

It implies we threw a lot at them.

In reality we passed it endlessly around the back and seem to lack anyone with an ability to run at them or play a searching ball.

Frightened to death to do anything wrong....

So in reality the Sheff Utd keeper for most parts of the game may as well have caught up on some light reading.

Sorry, but no it doesn't. If I say that I drank a pint of every cider in the pub, it's still true even if they only had one.

It's called logic. The interesting question is whether it's true if they didn't have any cider...

we could have played like we did for a month of sundays and not scored, its not children having a tantrum its grown men bored rigid at the football on offer, i have never been so bored watching a live match in my life, its hard work going down the gate at the moment, people have a right to be angry at what was on offer yesterday.

Then don't go, 'cos it aint going to change overnight.

When you're not at a game it's very hard to appreciate just how poor it is.

A 1-0 loss on paper is how it looks to someone not there.

A late own goal - unlucky.

Well no. It was rubbish. It was low standard football. No passion. Frightened to death to run at a man, of losing the ball. No probing.

Just awful low standard football with no end product.

You want to know how bad it was and how awful Sheff U were? Just ask anyone?

Maybe ask all the people around me in the Williams who booed at the end.

Woah shock horror... fans in the Williams booing. They'll boo and criticise anything even when the team is winning, seen it done many a time.

Thankfully I got out of there and went to the EE.

Archived