IGNORED

Thats It

CosmosUK

Further to my topic earlier in the week, congratulations to the inept board and certainly the certain group of fans that have basically forced a very good coach out of the door. I fear this is the end for Bristol Citys short term future at least, Im sure we will now appoint some journeyman manager who will as I stated before make copious amounts of loan signings, and spend unwarrented money on wages. Reading through the Orient match thread, Seeing people constantly joke about SOD out SOD in etc shows what a piss poor bunch we are. Is that really the highlight of our support? banter about our own manager? Disgusting.

I have a few people ITK at Orient, and they have all said what a joke this club is in terms of the decisions it makes on and off the pitch. People berating the manager because Orient played badly and we couldnt beat them, I watched Orient tear apart a very talented New York Cosmos team in the summer and the chief executive, as well as renowned midfielder Marcos Senna both said how impressed they were with Orients set up and the way they play football.

The fact of the matter is, we arent a big club, expectation is too high, That is why we fail, and fail, and fail, and fail.

I agree with Lansdown in that the strategy should not and will not change, but I disagree that sacking a manager at this point is the correct move. He is contradicting himself by saying he wants to stick with a long term plan, then sacks the manager who implemented it initally? No sense whatsoever.

Ive had it and am thinking about organising a board out protest if anyone is interested.

Max

I'm with Cheese, SOD's record as OUR manager is awful. Lots of managers have lost their jobs with far better records.

The timing might be a tad questionable but it's the right decision IMHO. I think the board have shown alot of restraint in not getting shot of him some time ago.

• Admin

CosmosUk - not so sure it is the fans that got the man sacked.

I assume you have seen the league table?

The fans as a whole have not been against SO'D, think back to years gone by where the whole ground has been booing, chanting "what a load of rubbish" etc

We've not got close to that this time around.

Blaming the fans is a poor excuse

Further to my topic earlier in the week, congratulations to the inept board and certainly the certain group of fans that have basically forced a very good coach out of the door. I fear this is the end for Bristol Citys short term future at least, Im sure we will now appoint some journeyman manager who will as I stated before make copious amounts of loan signings, and spend unwarrented money on wages. Reading through the Orient match thread, Seeing people constantly joke about SOD out SOD in etc shows what a piss poor bunch we are. Is that really the highlight of our support? banter about our own manager? Disgusting.

I have a few people ITK at Orient, and they have all said what a joke this club is in terms of the decisions it makes on and off the pitch. People berating the manager because Orient played badly and we couldnt beat them, I watched Orient tear apart a very talented New York Cosmos team in the summer and the chief executive, as well as renowned midfielder Marcos Senna both said how impressed they were with Orients set up and the way they play football.

The fact of the matter is, we arent a big club, expectation is too high, That is why we fail, and fail, and fail, and fail.

I agree with Lansdown in that the strategy should not and will not change, but I disagree that sacking a manager at this point is the correct move. He is contradicting himself by saying he wants to stick with a long term plan, then sacks the manager who implemented it initally? No sense whatsoever.

Ive had it and am thinking about organising a board out protest if anyone is interested.

Max

Gotta laugh.

It's only a football club mate.

And Orients set up includes giving the manager the chance to finish the job. We've got through 4 managers in the time Russell Slade has been at Orient. Their progress since has been slow but the boards been patient. However they are now reaping the rewards. Our progress has been in precisely the opposite direction.

CosmosUk - not so sure it is the fans that got the man sacked.

I assume you have seen the league table?

The fans as a whole have not been against SO'D, think back to years gone by where the whole ground has been booing, chanting "what a load of rubbish" etc

We've not got close to that this time around.

Blaming the fans is a poor excuse

No, Cosmos believes in O'D, and like many of his followers doesn't look at the table - merely the number of passes along the back four.

As much as SOD's record was poor just look at the previous managers we've had, theirs have been no better and the problem is not the manager but the club as a whole!

The board are responsible for the mess that we are not in, not the manager, SOD was trying to undo years of damage and we expect him to do that in one preseason and a few games?! ****ing stupid and embarrassing! This club will be relegated unless they bring in one hell of a manager now but being as we're looking likely to become a League Two team that is very unrealistic.

For the first time in my entire life I am ready to turn my back on this club, I'm fed up of pumping cash into a club that has no backbone guiding it in the boardroom, I have had enough of our own fans taking more pleasure in fighting with each other than rallying together and I've grown fed up of hearing about stadium plans rather than the teams position in the league.

Bristol City have one last shot before I walk away and it's a bloody long shot after we've sunk so low, employ the right man, back him fully, get your a***es in gear and run the club like it should be run rather than trying to treat us like some lackys in your meetings because fans are not won over by business plans and how you saved money by turning off the lights before you left the stadium, we're won over by leaders, grit and courage, not b***ing out and sacking a manager every time the heat is turned up.

The fact is we have been on or near the bottom all season. One good game against Orient doesn't mean weve turned a corner. We all thought that after Carlisle. But that was followed by more of the same. Shef Utd was truely shocking. Something needed to change if we have any hope of avoiding the drop. Sorry it is easier to change the manager than it is to change the squad or find a buyer for the club.

Played 46 Won 11 Drew 15 Lost 20 win 23% thats what has got him the sack no an impataint board or a group of supporters but his record

Its the worst ever record from a City manager he's broken the record for the longest run without a win he's broken the record for the longest period at home with out a win and he's left us in 22nd place in league 1 dispite signing 14 - 18 new players

Sod got sod the sack not anyone else

I sincerely believe this is a mistake. However, it is not the end of the world and we must go forward with what we have. The worst thing would be to look back so let's have no talk of Johnson (father or son) for example. Let's also have no talk of flash bastards like De Canio, Holloway or Warnock. We need a sound, enthusiastic, young manager who is well respected in the game and hence has good connections, someone with ambition both for himself and the club. Any Ideas?

Maybe some of you are baffled like me that a football club can have a chairman who if not invisible never speaks to the fans (or other important people in the Club?). This is a codge-up stemming from the Ashton Vale fiasco.

If this is not a situation that spreads uncertainty from top to bottom then I'd like to see one.

How can you have any organisation where it is unclear who is leading?

I believe the Lansdowns have to make up their minds what they are doing. If Steve is in then he has to be Chairman, if not then ..............................

I agree with the OP.

This Board has made a series of awful decisions -starting with giving GJ permission to do some terrible deals and followed by a series of shocking appointments into the role of head coach.

I actually thought they had at last come to their senses and were adopting a long term strategy to rebuild the club lock stock and barrel and were committed to sticking that out however difficult that might be.

Results were bad at first but, slowly and surely, they were improving and we were starting the long slow climb up the table.   The result against Orient was on paper OK given they're at the top of the table and we showed spirit in fighting back.

Why on Earth this bunch of rich mavericks decided that now of all times is the right time to fire him, I simply cannot understand.   Perhaps they have already lined someone up - I hope so - but even then, this decision shows that they do not mean what they say when they say they will stick to their plan.    It's disgraceful, shows no leadership whatsoever..

Haven't they come from the other direction, league-wise, than us though? Doesn't that create a different type of pressure for results and expectations? Would you have been prepared to give SOD time if it meant a year or two in L2 ?

Yes, if that's what it took. We've been there before. It wasn't a disaster. While we were there we built a side that was a joy to watch. We sorted out our finances. And we built a sound foundation for the following 20 years.

It's taken us about 5 years to destroy that, and today's decision leaves us nowhere. When we were in div 4 we became a respected club, recognised as we'll run. We are a joke now.

I agree with the OP.

This Board has made a series of awful decisions -starting with giving GJ permission to do some terrible deals and followed by a series of shocking appointments into the role of head coach.

I actually thought they had at last come to their senses and were adopting a long term strategy to rebuild the club lock stock and barrel and were committed to sticking that out however difficult that might be.

Results were bad at first but, slowly and surely, they were improving and we were starting the long slow climb up the table.   The result against Orient was on paper OK given they're at the top of the table and we showed spirit in fighting back.

Why on Earth this bunch of rich mavericks decided that now of all times is the right time to fire him, I simply cannot understand.   Perhaps they have already lined someone up - I hope so - but even then, this decision shows that they do not mean what they say when they say they will stick to their plan.    It's disgraceful, shows no leadership whatsoever..

6 wins in the last 38 is not slowly improving

And Orients set up includes giving the manager the chance to finish the job. We've got through 4 managers in the time Russell Slade has been at Orient. Their progress since has been slow but the boards been patient. However they are now reaping the rewards. Our progress has been in precisely the opposite direction.

Did Slade at anytime at Orient have a record as appalling as SOD'S

Archived