IGNORED

Thats It

CosmosUK

You and lots of others are flapping, not personal but true.

You're comment about my tiny mind is proof of that, people always scream and make wildly inaccurate observations when the panic sets in

I know you do, and it's that panic that had us changing managers again.

Further to my topic earlier in the week, congratulations to the inept board and certainly the certain group of fans that have basically forced a very good coach out of the door. I fear this is the end for Bristol Citys short term future at least, Im sure we will now appoint some journeyman manager who will as I stated before make copious amounts of loan signings, and spend unwarrented money on wages. Reading through the Orient match thread, Seeing people constantly joke about SOD out SOD in etc shows what a piss poor bunch we are. Is that really the highlight of our support? banter about our own manager? Disgusting.

I have a few people ITK at Orient, and they have all said what a joke this club is in terms of the decisions it makes on and off the pitch. People berating the manager because Orient played badly and we couldnt beat them, I watched Orient tear apart a very talented New York Cosmos team in the summer and the chief executive, as well as renowned midfielder Marcos Senna both said how impressed they were with Orients set up and the way they play football.

The fact of the matter is, we arent a big club, expectation is too high, That is why we fail, and fail, and fail, and fail.

I agree with Lansdown in that the strategy should not and will not change, but I disagree that sacking a manager at this point is the correct move. He is contradicting himself by saying he wants to stick with a long term plan, then sacks the manager who implemented it initally? No sense whatsoever.

Ive had it and am thinking about organising a board out protest if anyone is interested.

Max

I agree seems like a very bad idea.

Well naturally none now hes gone! But come on, you are a good poster, dont descend to their level....

What level is that, 2 wins in 18 games is the pertinent fact here, after that be honest what is there?

The background stuff and philosophy will remain, SOD never started it Millen did, improved by DMC and added to by SOD, he is not the only coach in the universe who can make that side of it work, but was he going to save from another relegation?.

I sometimes wonder what drugs a lot of city fans are on!!! 2 wins.. 2 bloody wins all season and you think the board are being rash. I would put a bet on that your protest will be pathetic

Keep telling yourself the most important part of a club is spending loads of money on has been players and tying them to long contracts. Aslong as we score 4 goals and conceded 3 youll be happy wont you!

What level is that, 2 wins in 18 games is the pertinent fact here, after that be honest what is there?

The background stuff and philosophy will remain, SOD never started it Millen did, improved by DMC and added to by SOD, he is not the only coach in the universe who can make that side of it work, but was he going to save from another relegation?.

I actually said the same things I am saying today when McCinnes was sacked, although I agreed that he should go as it would not make a difference who coached those players as they were mainly GJ and KM cast offs. And no, the pertinent fact is developing a long term strategy, picking somebody to implement that strategy, and then sacking them when it begins to bear fruit. Sorry but we have been playing a lot better the past 5 games than we ever have previously. The worst thing for me is no someone else may come in and imrpvoe results, but I feel that would have happened anyway had we continued with SOD.

I

People saying board out - are you serious?

Fans from other clubs must be absolutely p*ssing themselves reading this forum. How much of his own cash has Steve Lansdown put into this club?

He is single handedly financing the complete renovation of Ashton Gate, dips into his pocket every single transfer window, is trying to stabalise the club and get it running well as a business to finance itself in future years.

Im not a blind follower - The football has been terrible lately - 2 wins in 18 games is relegation form.

Onwards and upwards.

He has single handedly put us in this position too.

Keep telling yourself the most important part of a club is spending loads of money on has been players and tying them to long contracts. Aslong as we score 4 goals and conceded 3 youll be happy wont you!

if we score 4 and the opposition score 3, we get 3 points remember that?, I know one poster who would love that scenario wouldn't you RR.

As for your first sentence why would that happen again? and of course not forgetting SOD's contribution of Harewood, Shorey, O'conner and Carey.

So, let me get this right - as long as the academy is ok then it doesn't matter what happens on the pitch?  The man responsible for our performances, results and league position should remain because that's only a "shadow" of his overall job?  Sorry, I thought his main remit was what happened on the pitch.

yes and no, he helped alot and finished off the job McInnes started in reshaping behind the scenes but on the pitch he failed big time and thats why he has to go,

I wanted him to workout here but he didn't and those defending him are the same people who couldn't wait to get rid of Johnson, mcinnes, millen who's records are all vastly better then SoD's

for the record I thought johnson should of stayed millen should of gone McInnes should of stayed and Sod should of gone,

if we score 4 and the opposition score 3, we get 3 points remember that?, I know one poster who love that scenario wouldn't you RR.

As for your first sentence why would that happen again? and of course not forgetting SOD's contribution of Harewood, Shorey, O'conner and Carey.

How much do you think those guys are on then? Would hazard that Carey is on around 2.5-3k maximum, which i think he deserves after his service to the club, regardless of what you think of his current ability hes city through and through and if he was picked hed give his all. Harewood has more heart and effort in his left toe than most in the squad... Shorey ill give you that one cant understand that signing, and O'Connor im almost certain we aren't paying his whole weekly wage. 50% max.

He has single handedly put us in this position too.

Disagree,

Poor football, poor managers and poor players have put us in this position. Granted he was partly responsible for hiring these managers but he has backed every single one of them. If we get the next appointment right and that person is a success then I'm sure a lot of people will change their minds about the Lansdowns again - particularly as the new stands appear at the gate.

Like I said before, I'm no happy clapper who blindly accepts anything put forward by the board. I am however a realist and I can't see what better options we could attract.

How much do you think those guys are on then? Would hazard that Carey is on around 2.5-3k maximum, which i think he deserves after his service to the club, regardless of what you think of his current ability hes city through and through and if he was picked hed give his all. Harewood has more heart and effort in his left toe than most in the squad... Shorey ill give you that one cant understand that signing, and O'Connor im almost certain we aren't paying his whole weekly wage. 50% max.

OMG so we have become a charitable organization now?, I nearly forgot the forgotten man Mclaughlin, now I maybe wrong here but didn't SOD only tuesday night when asked about loan signings "only if they are better than we have". So how do these 5 fit into that particular scenario.

Lots of clubs around us have already sacked their managers.  Our board was quite patient.  But there is a difference between patience and blind stupidity.

The timing could work out well - get someone in, give him a chance to assess the squad, then the transfer window opens ....

As has already be said to death (but the OP doesn't want to listen) - the league table does not lie.  We are nearly 40% of the way through the season.  I liked both SOD and DMC and really wanted them to succeed.  But football is a results business.

The board has made a call to address the consistent run of abysmal performances that has seen us go from a Championship side to the foot of League 1.

All under this man's watch.

1 up front at home.

Long balls.

Endless boring football - no spark.

Fans leaving in their droves.

Could not agree more

Something needed to be done and he had to go.

Fans didn't force SOD out, anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

Plenty of fans were/are still happy for him to carry on. Results were awful for a very long time - apparently this has quite a lot to do with it when changing head coaches/managers.

No protest from here, but I will say that I sincerely hope the board know what they're up to. Cocking up this time could be AG8 territory again.

Lots of clubs around us have already sacked their managers.  Our board was quite patient.  But there is a difference between patience and blind stupidity.

The timing could work out well - get someone in, give him a chance to assess the squad, then the transfer window opens ....

As has already be said to death (but the OP doesn't want to listen) - the league table does not lie.  We are nearly 40% of the way through the season.  I liked both SOD and DMC and really wanted them to succeed.  But football is a results business.

That is such a predictable thing to say. Im not listening because its total bollocks. This will come back to bite us in the ass, mark my words, If im wrong, Ill eat them accordingly.

Plenty of fans were/are still happy for him to carry on. Results were awful for a very long time - apparently this has quite a lot to do with it when changing head coaches/managers.

No protest from here, but I will say that I sincerely hope the board know what they're up to. Cocking up this time could be AG8 territory again.

Everyone has derailed from my original post, I did not mention results. The arguement someone else mentioned that if we have lost one in the last 7 ?then surely more current results are relevant as the team gel excuse would have been applicable first ten games? If they didnt sack SOD after 11/12 games then sacking him after 18 is ludicrous

in a way they did though, people have been voting with their feet, we have 8k season ticket holders, only about half of those have been turning up, results performances have been nothing short of disgraceful, the odd good performance was more of a fluke then us turning the corner, 2 wins in 27 is all that needs to be banded about,

The squad hasn't been performing for the first 18 even with our our ok 7 game period that produced a grand totle of 1 win, (2 seasons ago this would be deemed awful so why now is if suddenly good?)

Simply he left the board little choice he had to be sacked

Everyone has derailed from my original post, I did not mention results. The arguement someone else mentioned that if we have lost one in the last 7 ?then surely more current results are relevant as the team gel excuse would have been applicable first ten games? If they didnt sack SOD after 11/12 games then sacking him after 18 is ludicrous

Yes, you definitely went to the same school as O'd.  Results don't matter, don't look at the league table, passes across the back four count.

we'd only won twice in the last 7 too not good enough

It is but comments like "we have no future under SOD" etc etc just serve to prove how blind most of the supporters are. You can argue till you are blue in the face but the simple matter was, I could go and select the same team and tactics today, hell I could play 4-4-2 Like most people in this antiquated discussion want. At the end of the day, its down to the players once that whistle is blown, they are more than capable. Can lead a horse to water etc....

It's not just our players though.

By my reckoning*, since January 2011 SOD has taken charge of 103 football matches with Doncaster, Nottingham Forest and Bristol City and has failed to win 80 of them. 23 wins, and that includes wins in the cup this season, is not the record of a manager who can motivate players sufficiently IMO.

* I'm sure someone will prove this wrong!!

It's not just our players though.

By my reckoning*, since January 2011 SOD has taken charge of 103 football matches with Doncaster, Nottingham Forest and Bristol City and has failed to win 80 of them. 23 wins, and that includes wins in the cup this season, is not the record of a manager who can motivate players sufficiently IMO.

* I'm sure someone will prove this wrong!!

You're wrong,I just can't prove it :-) .

Any city fan that watched the sheffield united game where city played bland crossfield  & backwards

football before the centre backs hoofed the ball upfield to a five foot seven inch giant,and then sod

played his master stroke twenty minutes into the second half to push on for the win we surely needed

against one of the worst teams I have ever seen. he brought on a full back to play for draw, and we all

know how that ended.

Sorry he had to go! people were bored stiff around me in the dolman as with the sod tactics they were

dour and he does not have any ideal  how to win a football match.

His record speaks for its self & sod sacked his self.

Lets hope the next manager has passion and can lift the players and fans.

Onwards & upwards  

I know you do, and it's that panic that had us changing managers again.

Erm, no it isn't

2 in 18, not good enough, as said by Jnr. So sacked. He was given a long time and a lot of support but couldn't cut it. Bags of new players, countless mind numbing matches and inept performances

I fail to understand how the blinkers are still on. Is this how believers will act when they finally find definitive proof that there's no god?

Erm, no it isn't

2 in 18, not good enough, as said by Jnr. So sacked. He was given a long time and a lot of support but couldn't cut it. Bags of new players, countless mind numbing matches and inept performances

I fail to understand how the blinkers are still on. Is this how believers will act when they finally find definitive proof that there's no god?

There's no God???  Shit, I knew it - why else would we be in the lower reaches of L1 while Palarse play in the Premier league!

Archived