IGNORED

Thats It

CosmosUK

Did Slade at anytime at Orient have a record as appalling as SOD'S, reaping the rewards?, get a grip 2 points out of the last 9 including 2 home games.

You seriously think a manager should be sacked on the basis of three games? Because that's what you've just said.

Played 46 Won 11 Drew 15 Lost 20 win 23% thats what has got him the sack no an impataint board or a group of supporters but his record

Its the worst ever record from a City manager he's broken the record for the longest run without a win he's broken the record for the longest period at home with out a win and he's left us in 22nd place in league 1 dispite signing 14 - 18 new players

Sod got sod the sack not anyone else

Telling the truth won't get you anywhere. The panic has set in for a fair few, in fact they're flapping big time.

It'll take a few days to settle down

City fans haven't forced the board's hand. EVERY manager going through a bad period generates dissent from a significant proportion of fans.

The board can still do what it wants, and does.

Yes, but this Board has to get some football knowledge from somewhere, even if it's the OTIB loudmouths.It's got bu99er-all of its own.

And Orients set up includes giving the manager the chance to finish the job. We've got through 4 managers in the time Russell Slade has been at Orient. Their progress since has been slow but the boards been patient. However they are now reaping the rewards. Our progress has been in precisely the opposite direction.

Yes, Orient have come from League 2, but the pressure there I can assure you is as great as any club what with them redeveloping part of their ground and looking for residency at olympic park. Barry Hearn is a colourful chairman and puts extreme pressure on the team 100%. Im not at all negative, im realistic. The amount of dross that is spouted around is just hilarious.

Did Slade at anytime at Orient have a record as appalling as SOD'S, reaping the rewards?, get a grip 2 points out of the last 9 including 2 home games.

I'm talking about 4 years, not three weeks. In that time Orient have gone from bottom of lge 1 to top. We have gone from mid championship to bottom of lge 1. You might prefer a few short term results. I'd prefer us to build something sound for the long term.

Telling the truth won't get you anywhere. The panic has set in for a fair few, in fact they're flapping big time.

It'll take a few days to settle down

'panic' the new buzzword for the SOD-haters? It looks to me that it's the Board that's panicked.

You seriously think a manager should be sacked on the basis of three games? Because that's what you've just said.

nope and SoD wasn't sacked on the basis of 3 games he was sacked on his record as City head Coach, his record is the worst ever from a city manager,

2 wins in 18 6 wins in 38 that would get a manager sacked at 99% of football clubs across the globe

People saying board out - are you serious?

Fans from other clubs must be absolutely p*ssing themselves reading this forum. How much of his own cash has Steve Lansdown put into this club?

He is single handedly financing the complete renovation of Ashton Gate, dips into his pocket every single transfer window, is trying to stabalise the club and get it running well as a business to finance itself in future years.

Im not a blind follower - The football has been terrible lately - 2 wins in 18 games is relegation form.

Onwards and upwards.

Im just amazed that it has taken this long.  To me, he came across as an arrogant pr*ck who really does not have a record to warrant such an attitude.

3rd from bottom....not good enough. 

I seen NO improvement in the few games I went to at the start of the season, and from what ive heard, its hardly got better since. He has had long enough for there to be some kind of progress

I'm talking about 4 years, not three weeks. In that time Orient have gone from bottom of lge 1 to top. We have gone from mid championship to bottom of lge 1. You might prefer a few short term results. I'd prefer us to build something sound for the long term.

And ODriscoll has played his part in taking us to where we are. 

He has had ample time to STOP the rot.....to me, he has only added to it

The board has made a call to address the consistent run of abysmal performances that has seen us go from a Championship side to the foot of League 1.

All under this man's watch.

1 up front at home.

Long balls.

Endless boring football - no spark.

Fans leaving in their droves.

Something needed to be done and he had to go.

• Admin

Im just amazed that it has taken this long.  To me, he came across as an arrogant pr*ck who really does not have a record to warrant such an attitude.

3rd from bottom....not good enough. 

I seen NO improvement in the few games I went to at the start of the season, and from what ive heard, its hardly got better since. He has had long enough for there to be some kind of progress

But always knew that if he was sacked he would get a year's pay off!!

The thing I find increasingly frustrating with football is that clubs seem to think that 4 months of a season is a long time - 5 years is a long time in most peoples eyes but we are persistently hearing of managers getting sacked after 68 days, 15 games etc etc.

The most sucessful managers have been given time to shape the club and the ethos it carries over a period of time - I'm thinking Man U and Fergie, Wenger and Arsenal, Everton and Moyes (albeit they didn't win anything) and even Accrington under John Coleman. Those people did not get instant results and success, yet when they have left their clubs after all those years the clubs have been in a far stronger position both on and off the field.

I dispair that the board has made, in my opinion, yet another kneejerk reaction to what has been an average start in League 1. The problem with our club is that we think we are some sort of 'big time' because we are from one of the largest cities in the UK.

The truth is we've never looked further away. I think as a whole the club is unrealistic about just how good we are and does not know what we need to do to get to the top end of the Championship/Premier League.

If there is a strategy in place then bloody well implement it, rather than revisiting it every weekend and tweaking the goal posts. Give a manager some time to a) get his feet under the table and b) work with him to help make that change happen. Switching managers every half a season does not suggest to me that the house is in order and that we have any direction whatsoever.

Who was the last manager to start and finish the same season as our manager?

That is why the board are incompetent.

I'm finding SOD's sacking difficult to take as I fell for the complete BS spouted by the board about stability being the way forward and changing the club from the foundations upwards. 

Nope. You're in meltdown. Flapping like a trapped bird.

Board hasn't panicked they've taken their time and made a judgement which is theirs to make.

Come back to me in six month's time when we take the drop and then tell me who's panicking and flapping.

6 wins in the last 38 is not slowly improving

Er - well you'd need to compare the most recent results to the earlier results to make that comparison - look at the form table.

You also have to look at the quality of the play.    There have been some positive signs in recent games.    This is a young and very inexperienced squad who have been dropped in the deep end in a quite hostile environment.    I think they've been improving - many agree - and it would have been good to see how things developed.

As it is, the board have not stuck to their word and once again, chaos reigns.

However, I'm assuming they've got someone else up their sleeve and we'll hear about that at midday.    These greedy business suits will have done some dirty deal in the background - I'm sick of them

The thing I find increasingly frustrating with football is that clubs seem to think that 4 months of a season is a long time - 5 years is a long time in most peoples eyes but we are persistently hearing of managers getting sacked after 68 days, 15 games etc etc.

The most sucessful managers have been given time to shape the club and the ethos it carries over a period of time - I'm thinking Man U and Fergie, Wenger and Arsenal, Everton and Moyes (albeit they didn't win anything) and even Accrington under John Coleman. Those people did not get instant results and success, yet when they have left their clubs after all those years the clubs have been in a far stronger position both on and off the field.

I dispair that the board has made, in my opinion, yet another kneejerk reaction to what has been an average start in League 1. The problem with our club is that we think we are some sort of 'big time' because we are from one of the largest cities in the UK.

The truth is we've never looked further away. I think as a whole the club is unrealistic about just how good we are and does not know what we need to do to get to the top end of the Championship/Premier League.

If there is a strategy in place then bloody well implement it, rather than revisiting it every weekend and tweaking the goal posts. Give a manager some time to a) get his feet under the table and b) work with him to help make that change happen. Switching managers every half a season does not suggest to me that the house is in order and that we have any direction whatsoever.

We're not a big club but we do have one of the bigger budgets in L1.  Therefore the most has not been made of the resources available.  If we had one of the smallest budgets then it would be different.

Come back to me in six month's time when we take the drop and then tell me who's panicking and flapping.

You're flapping right now. Big proper flap.

Go away put your silly stuffed toy down and look at the cold hard facts.

Dismal record, dismal football dismal manager for us and his previous club. His record is awful. It was the only move left.

Most clubs would've got shot in September with that record.

Don't be sentimental because you were so sure it was the right appointment. You were wrong

The board has made a call to address the consistent run of abysmal performances that has seen us go from a Championship side to the foot of League 1.

All under this man's watch.

1 up front at home.

Long balls.

Endless boring football - no spark.

Fans leaving in their droves.

Something needed to be done and he had to go.

1 Up front at home..... this is what annoys me the most comments like this, You sir, have no nouse whatsoever. 4-4-2 happy Clapper clearly. 4-2-3-1 is now the most commanly used formation in europe.

Can understand the Board's decision but disagree with with it.

One thing we can all agree on is the imperative not to get relegated to League 2, SOD or no SOD. It is justifiable to sack him on his record, which makes grim reading and our league position, which is frightening. But doesn't really make sense to do it now and in the context of our much-vaunted '5 Pillars' strategy.

Why? Results and performances recently have improved - though admittedly starting from a low base, they were on an upward trajectory, alowing for some inevitable blips [sheff utd] given the general state of an inexperienced team.  

His record should be seen in the context of what he was being asked to do off the pitch. Everything about the '5 pillars' strategy suggests patience - i.e. not sacking manager after less than a year. The 'financial prudence' committment does also not sit well with needing to pay off a manager, potentially compensate another club for their manager, fund another turnover of players. Timing of the decision suggests Board must have lost patience with the man as well as the record.

It's not the end of the world to lose a manager who has presided over some pretty dire football and results - if we can find someone to get us out of trouble and take us forward I don't think he'll be wildly missed. But his remit was to rebuild the club as well as the team so his record should be viewed in that context. We need someone to carry that on - can't see any of the usual suspect mercenary journeyman approaching that with much enthusiasm. Football aside he came across as a decent and principled bloke, and I hope he does well elsewhere.  

Can understand the Board's decision but disagree with with it.

One thing we can all agree on is the imperative not to get relegated to League 2, SOD or no SOD. It is justifiable to sack him on his record, which makes grim reading and our league position, which is frightening. But doesn't really make sense to do it now and in the context of our much-vaunted '5 Pillars' strategy.

Why? Results and performances recently have improved - though admittedly starting from a low base, they were on an upward trajectory, alowing for some inevitable blips [sheff utd] given the general state of an inexperienced team.  

His record should be seen in the context of what he was being asked to do off the pitch. Everything about the '5 pillars' strategy suggests patience - i.e. not sacking manager after less than a year. The 'financial prudence' committment does also not sit well with needing to pay off a manager, potentially compensate another club for their manager, fund another turnover of players. Timing of the decision suggests Board must have lost patience with the man as well as the record.

It's not the end of the world to lose a manager who has presided over some pretty dire football and results - if we can find someone to get us out of trouble and take us forward I don't think he'll be wildly missed. But his remit was to rebuild the club as well as the team so his record should be viewed in that context. We need someone to carry that on - can't see any of the usual suspect mercenary journeyman approaching that with much enthusiasm. Football aside he came across as a decent and principled bloke, and I hope he does well elsewhere.  

Great post. You are correct too, People keep saying about the record which I admit is not good, but a manager does more than just select a team and tactics, who do they think appoints the scouts, director of football (most of the time) etc. In fact what he does off the pitch is just as important as on it, in my opinion the players are ultimately responsible for the way they play and how many goals go in the back of the net. I think SOD deserves more credit for what he has done to improve the foundations of the club. i fear the next manager will not be so good at this. 

1 Up front at home..... this is what annoys me the most comments like this, You sir, have no nouse whatsoever. 4-4-2 happy Clapper clearly. 4-2-3-1 is now the most commanly used formation in europe.

And good lord hasn't been a raging success for us at home.

How many games have we won this season?

Er - well you'd need to compare the most recent results to the earlier results to make that comparison - look at the form table.

You also have to look at the quality of the play.    There have been some positive signs in recent games.    This is a young and very inexperienced squad who have been dropped in the deep end in a quite hostile environment.    I think they've been improving - many agree - and it would have been good to see how things developed.

As it is, the board have not stuck to their word and once again, chaos reigns.

However, I'm assuming they've got someone else up their sleeve and we'll hear about that at midday.    These greedy business suits will have done some dirty deal in the background - I'm sick of them

ok I will

last 3 Won 0 Drew 2 Lost 1 a Win % of 0

Last 6 Won 2 Drew 3 Lost 1 a win % of 33

last 12 Won 2 Drew 6 Lost 4 a Win % of 16%

last 18 Won 2 Drew 9 lost 7 a win % of 11%

None of those over that period of games is good enough, a fantastic manager would of a win % of around 55% a good manager 45 % a avg manager 38%

SoD doesn't fit into any of these no matter how people dress it up or post stats he simply wasn't good enough and had to be sacked

Archived