IGNORED

Thats It

CosmosUK

1 Up front at home..... this is what annoys me the most comments like this, You sir, have no nouse whatsoever. 4-4-2 happy Clapper clearly. 4-2-3-1 is now the most commanly used formation in europe.

it clearly worked I mean 15 Points out of a possible 54 what a sucsessful formation

nope and SoD wasn't sacked on the basis of 3 games he was sacked on his record as City head Coach, his record is the worst ever from a city manager,

2 wins in 18 6 wins in 38 that would get a manager sacked at 99% of football clubs across the globe

Totally agree truly shocking stats as a manager and yes all managers will be sacked with that record.

1 Up front at home..... this is what annoys me the most comments like this, You sir, have no nouse whatsoever. 4-4-2 happy Clapper clearly. 4-2-3-1 is now the most commanly used formation in europe.

Possibly, but then I imagine most of those teams don't hoof it long to a 5 foot nothing striker all game.

You're flapping right now. Big proper flap.

Go away put your silly stuffed toy down and look at the cold hard facts.

Dismal record, dismal football dismal manager for us and his previous club. His record is awful. It was the only move left.

Most clubs would've got shot in September with that record.

Don't be sentimental because you were so sure it was the right appointment. You were wrong

As I said, come back in six month's time and tell me that you were right. Or is that too long a period for your tiny mind to contemplate?

Possibly, but then I imagine most of those teams don't hoof it long to a 5 foot nothing striker all game.

Correct. In fact city play it the completely wrong way round. You should in fact have a player up front who is strong, comes deep to hold the ball up, the primary goalscoring threat in that formation should be the 3 midfielders behind the striker, the attacking Mid and the two inside forwards. If it were up to me I would play Harewood/Taylor up front, with JET on the right and Sammy on the left, with Reid inbetween them Gillet and Pack deep.

Can understand the Board's decision but disagree with with it.

One thing we can all agree on is the imperative not to get relegated to League 2, SOD or no SOD. It is justifiable to sack him on his record, which makes grim reading and our league position, which is frightening. But doesn't really make sense to do it now and in the context of our much-vaunted '5 Pillars' strategy.

Why? Results and performances recently have improved - though admittedly starting from a low base, they were on an upward trajectory, alowing for some inevitable blips [sheff utd] given the general state of an inexperienced team.  

His record should be seen in the context of what he was being asked to do off the pitch. Everything about the '5 pillars' strategy suggests patience - i.e. not sacking manager after less than a year. The 'financial prudence' committment does also not sit well with needing to pay off a manager, potentially compensate another club for their manager, fund another turnover of players. Timing of the decision suggests Board must have lost patience with the man as well as the record.

It's not the end of the world to lose a manager who has presided over some pretty dire football and results - if we can find someone to get us out of trouble and take us forward I don't think he'll be wildly missed. But his remit was to rebuild the club as well as the team so his record should be viewed in that context. We need someone to carry that on - can't see any of the usual suspect mercenary journeyman approaching that with much enthusiasm. Football aside he came across as a decent and principled bloke, and I hope he does well elsewhere.  

I think you are completely wrong on the financial prudence point. The fact is that after this sacking we are not left hamstrung for the next three years with a squad of players not good enough that nobody else wants because they are all overpaid.

SOD was the first manager able to take advantage of a real clean slate by being able to rebuild a squad in the shape he wanted, and managed to take the club backwards on the pitch in doing so. But at least most of his signings are either short term, low wages, or a combination of the two.

SOD showed a lot of tactical ineptitude at times, underachieved with the payers at his disposal, and bored me to death with his brand of football.

The nature of the managers job is that some poor performances you can't put him to one side let Alex Russell step up to the top seat for a few games for SOD to step aside whilst he assess why he was so incompetant for a while, then bring him back (like you may do with a player). The financial prudence part would be to not do what Chelsea do and pay huge compensation to bring in a manager on enormous wages on a four year contract and then sack him after 6 months.

Correct. In fact city play it the completely wrong way round. You should in fact have a player up front who is strong, comes deep to hold the ball up, the primary goalscoring threat in that formation should be the 3 midfielders behind the striker, the attacking Mid and the two inside forwards. If it were up to me I would play Harewood/Taylor up front, with JET on the right and Sammy on the left, with Reid inbetween them Gillet and Pack deep.

and who's fault is that? the board? the head coach,

Stop riding my a** or you will fall off. Quote pick holes repeat

:laugh:, I'm not one to ride an ass my friend but you are the only one posting a decent debate at the moment so its pretty much only you I can respond to,

You're being level headed about it and not letting emotion rule you like others have been today thats all

Played 46 Won 11 Drew 15 Lost 20 win 23% thats what has got him the sack no an impataint board or a group of supporters but his record

Its the worst ever record from a City manager he's broken the record for the longest run without a win he's broken the record for the longest period at home with out a win and he's left us in 22nd place in league 1 dispite signing 14 - 18 new players

Sod got sod the sack not anyone else

This. How people argue against such a record really shows how apathetic our support has become. Accepting such rank failure and still backing sod when real improvement was nonexistent.

I agree with Lansdown in that the strategy should not and will not change, but I disagree that sacking a manager at this point is the correct move. He is contradicting himself by saying he wants to stick with a long term plan, then sacks the manager who implemented it initally? No sense whatsoever.

What are you on about?

It was the board that implemented it initially.

SOD is just following orders of the way the board wants our club structured.

Just like Mciness started to do.

Just like the next manager would do.

Further to my topic earlier in the week, congratulations to the inept board and certainly the certain group of fans that have basically forced a very good coach out of the door. I fear this is the end for Bristol Citys short term future at least, Im sure we will now appoint some journeyman manager who will as I stated before make copious amounts of loan signings, and spend unwarrented money on wages. Reading through the Orient match thread, Seeing people constantly joke about SOD out SOD in etc shows what a piss poor bunch we are. Is that really the highlight of our support? banter about our own manager? Disgusting.

I have a few people ITK at Orient, and they have all said what a joke this club is in terms of the decisions it makes on and off the pitch. People berating the manager because Orient played badly and we couldnt beat them, I watched Orient tear apart a very talented New York Cosmos team in the summer and the chief executive, as well as renowned midfielder Marcos Senna both said how impressed they were with Orients set up and the way they play football.

The fact of the matter is, we arent a big club, expectation is too high, That is why we fail, and fail, and fail, and fail.

I agree with Lansdown in that the strategy should not and will not change, but I disagree that sacking a manager at this point is the correct move. He is contradicting himself by saying he wants to stick with a long term plan, then sacks the manager who implemented it initally? No sense whatsoever.

Ive had it and am thinking about organising a board out protest if anyone is interested.

Max

This must be a joke surely.You fear for the short term future of Bristol City, we had no bl00dy future with SOD.Well done this Board for at last facing up to the job of getting rid of an employee who was not fit for purpose.This happens in all walks of life.How the hell do you expect to be paid and keep your job if you have consistently failed.

Personal now is it?

I do believe that's against the rules, flapper.

Stop making a fool of yourself. You're starting to sound like the odious idiot Jordan

And 'flapper' and 'panic' aren't personal?

You'll be on here within six months calling for the new manager's head as we sink without trace.

This must be a joke surely.You fear for the short term future of Bristol City, we had no bl00dy future with SOD.Well done this Board for at last facing up to the job of getting rid of an employee who was not fit for purpose.This happens in all walks of life.How the hell do you expect to be paid and keep your job if you have consistently failed.

:laugh:, I'm not one to ride an ass my friend but you are the only one posting a decent debate at the moment so its pretty much only you I can respond to,

You're being level headed about it and not letting emotion rule you like others have been today thats all

To the first poster, how do you judge whether he has failed? On pitch performances? Well that is only a shadow of what he was put in charge to do, why can people like you not see that? Hes achieved 100% of what he was asked to do off field in my opinion, as someone with a bit of knowledge about how the academy system works etc I can assure you hes done wonders behind the scenes. Can I also add that if Baldock had scored every chance he SHOULD have this season, where would we be? Mid table? youd be happy with that ****il you found some other bullsh*t to complain about) So because sammy is missing one on ones regularly is he not fit for purpose? Shall we terminate his contract too? Your arguement is so invalid its unreal.

Monkeh, sorry, you can see from the replies to my posts that their are some decent posters on here, there is however sadly a lot of pondlife too :(

You'll be on here within six months calling for the new manager's head as we sink without trace.

Aizoon will you please stop being so negative, youve relegated us already with out even knowing who the new head coach will be !!!!!!!

My god some posters :grr:   

You and lots of others are flapping, not personal but true.

You're comment about my tiny mind is proof of that, people always scream and make wildly inaccurate observations when the panic sets in

To the first poster, how do you judge whether he has failed? On pitch performances? Well that is only a shadow of what he was put in charge to do, why can people like you not see that? Hes achieved 100% of what he was asked to do off field in my opinion, as someone with a bit of knowledge about how the academy system works etc I can assure you hes done wonders behind the scenes. Can I also add that if Baldock had scored every chance he SHOULD have this season, where would we be? Mid table? youd be happy with that ****il you found some other bullsh*t to complain about) So because sammy is missing one on ones regularly is he not fit for purpose? Shall we terminate his contract too? Your arguement is so invalid its unreal.

Monkeh, sorry, you can see from the replies to my posts that their are some decent posters on here, there is however sadly a lot of pondlife too :(

So, let me get this right - as long as the academy is ok then it doesn't matter what happens on the pitch?  The man responsible for our performances, results and league position should remain because that's only a "shadow" of his overall job?  Sorry, I thought his main remit was what happened on the pitch.

So, let me get this right - as long as the academy is ok then it doesn't matter what happens on the pitch?  The man responsible for our performances, results and league position should remain because that's only a "shadow" of his overall job?  Sorry, I thought his main remit was what happened on the pitch.

It is but comments like "we have no future under SOD" etc etc just serve to prove how blind most of the supporters are. You can argue till you are blue in the face but the simple matter was, I could go and select the same team and tactics today, hell I could play 4-4-2 Like most people in this antiquated discussion want. At the end of the day, its down to the players once that whistle is blown, they are more than capable. Can lead a horse to water etc....

It is but comments like "we have no future under SOD" etc etc just serve to prove how blind most of the supporters are. You can argue till you are blue in the face but the simple matter was, I could go and select the same team and tactics today, hell I could play 4-4-2 Like most people in this antiquated discussion want. At the end of the day, its down to the players once that whistle is blown, they are more than capable. Can lead a horse to water etc....

They were SOD's horses.................................................

and what evidence or facts can you produce to substantiate otherwise?

Archived