IGNORED

Steve Cotterill [Merged + Poll]

KeepUpLino

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great appointment. Will keep us up with ease, recruit well in the summer and as for next season - Personally think we'll be 10 points clear by March 10th with this man in charge. I also think we'll be looking at a Wembley appearance if he can bring that chap Smith from Fulham.

Personally disappointed with myself thinking it would just be ten points.

Sorry Steve.

Yup... I was dead against it.. but I have not hidden away perhaps because, as far as i can see and as is my usual, I try always to be respectful even if my opinions might be strong. I am delighted to have been proved wrong.. but bear in mind my 'NO' was in large part because i thought it too early to sack SOD which was not an entirely unique view. 

Some people went a little too far in my humble opinion.. not a unique view either and apologies to Nibor in advance in singling him out as this was very much indicative of many but that, equally, does not take anything away in how it was worded:-....

I was dead set against it and also angry because we'd sacked a manager again for failings that seemed to be wholly those of the board.  I thought (and still do) that SOD was doing things that were necessary - changing the way we did player recruitment, getting the dead wood off the wage bill, thinking about longer term vs short term.

I'm very happy to be totally wrong about Steve Cotterill, he's done a fantastic job bringing in the right players and getting results out of the ones we already had.  I'm still _very_ dubious about the board's decision making.

I've always maintained that "told you so" posts were a waste of time and tried to refrain from them myself.

You may want to revisit some of your comments. Wishing us to lose the first two games 20-0 so that Cotterill would get the sack, wanting a Cotterill out banner at the first home game?!!!

Bit rich digging Nibor out when you came out with shit like that.

I am not sure i ever said that Glyn... If i did i'd like to see it. If i did i might have been being tongue in cheek.... But please, show me that one and i will respond appropriately.

I am not sure i ever said that Glyn... If i did i'd like to see it. If i did i might have been being tongue in cheek.... But please, show me that one and i will respond appropriately.

Your first comment on the subject...

Who's gonna get the banner ready for the first home match: BOARD OUT, COTTERILL OUT ?

followed by

If you care to scroll down and see the MANAGER POLL he's around 1.7% actually... numbskull board.

If we get him in I hope we lose 20-0 to Tamworth and Rotherham by a similar score line and the board sack him and themselves and leave the room paving the way for Steve to abandon his stupid exile idea and come home.

Do you? Do you really??

Only if it gets him fired is my point squire.

Looks fairly conclusive that you didn't want him here, and didn't seem all that keen on giving him chance.

Still, he is here and he's doing a fine job, I'm sure we're all glad of that?

Thanks for that Glyn.... Yes that was tongue in cheek... Dry humour with a tinge of i sincerely hope he does not get the job.... I freely admit that. Goes without saying we are all delighted now obviously.

Only part i perhaps regret saying there is the use of the word numbskull.... That was disrespectful in hindsight.... At the time they did act, shall we say, a bit odd. That would have been a better choice of words.

Well done to @tetbury massive for being the first person on here to see yes.

SC has done a great job, we've pretty much played in one style almseson and at this level, with the players we have it works well.

Next season wer going to need a plan b & c to get ourselves on our way, this is where I start to worry.

Anyway well done TB, just goes to show what all the self proclaimed experts know, enough said.

Looking back at some of those older posts, really gives a barometer of where were as a group of fans. We were all guilty of behaving like a trapped animal lashing out at everything and everyone. 

They were certainly dark days indeed.   We were all looking for our very broken club to be fixed, and many didn't think SC was going to be the man.  I seem to remember there were not to many inspiring managerial candidates available at the time.  Which i think lead many to believe that rather than SC not being the right man for the job, was to stick with SOD and hope his long term vision once implemented would get us to where we wanted to be.

In SC we didn't just get a manager, we got a messiah!

Thankfully, we are a million miles away from there today.  Lets be looking forward not back.

Stevo

Its confession time.  I was one of those who thought SC would be wrong for this club.  I remember asking the opinion of a friend who remembered him from his Wimbledon days as "very enthusiastic but as thick as shit".  Well, my opinion proved to be wrong and...boy am I glad!  This humble pie tastes delicious!  I have supported this club for over forty years and now, in my 70s, I am enjoying the best season ever and am delighted to say sorry to SC for my mistaken analysis of his abilities and a big thank you for making this season so unforgettable. 

I remenber the cameras being on him as Forest were taking another beating and were in freefall.

SOD went there, they started winning again, and avoided the drop.

I think that's roughly how it went.

I can remember thinking that I was glad he was not our manager!

I was pleased when SOD came here, (also when he went) and a bit miffed when Cotts was appointed!!!

What do I know?

Archived