IGNORED

Listening To Interview...

spudski

SC has done nothing wrong yet, and not giving him our backing will ultimately mean failure again

He seems very much in the GJ mould, and given the success we had under Gary it's not hard to see why the club would wish to return to a passionate manager who involves the fans and wants to be successful for the fans

Seems a lifetime ago we were bouncing round the grounds, and heading to wembley with an up and at them team

A decent challenge or quick break gets the crowd going 26 passes across the back four makes me wonder tea or bovril half time, and how long till I can have it..

Can't remember the last game where I thought cricky where did that half go

Give the guy a chance, we may enjoy a fortress gate again

It's not about his Accent... it's the words coming out of his mouth...

You can be intelligent and working class... it has nothing to do with accent...

Straight away... comments like... 'yeah I've worked with Pembo'... and such like... reinforce everything I already knew about this chap.

He's one of the 'lads'... it's not a culture I think this club need to go back to.

A bit of respect goes a long way...all this 'geezer' mullarky is so third division old skool...

I remember seeing this 'style' in the players lounge when GJ was in charge... the culture it breeds is not one I liked...

Certain players and coaches will be as pleased as punch at this appointment though...

Sorry mate but you are so far up your own arse, you could flick the back of your own tonsils with your tongue. Way to drop in how important you are because you were in the players lounge. In case you have not noticed 99% of players and managers are 1 of the boys. If your not then you don't fit in. Just like SOD. Funny how you mention gj in that sentence as he seems to be the last manager who was able to get any sort of success at this football club, now correct me if im wrong but thats the whole point right?

Secondly I am 100% sure that SC has forgotten more about football management than this entire forum has ever had combined, that includes people who have hung around the players lounge so why don't we all just stop talking crap about a manager who to my knowledge has never managed BCFC before so has nothing on his slate to judge. 

In reply to Collier... 99% of managers are one of the lads??? :facepalm:

You obviously have no idea...or you think you do.

There's a difference between being one of the boys and being a manager who can relate to people at all levels and can man manage.

You've obviously never managed before... as soon as you become one of the 'boys' you lose all respect and trust.

GJ, Tinman and Millen all found this in the end. The latter more so because they had played with some of the squad.

You think the likes of Fergie, Moyes, Moriniho, Wenger, Zola, Pelligrini,  etc,etc,etc... are one of the boys??? :facepalm:

Mate you have no idea... absolutely no idea... :facepalm:

As for drinking in the players lounge... that's no big thing, nor important... feel sorry for you if you think it is...you honestly need to get out more... back in GJ's day, loads seemed to be able to do it. Many players gave free tickets to pals who accompanied them in their.

Unfortunately you saw a side to players you wish you hadn't.

You also saw how little respect many of them had for the manager and fans alike...

We seem to have banished that now... all I was saying was I hope we didn't revert back to that system...

A manager being 'one of the lads' is not the way forward...

Those of you who liked SOD are very easily pleased. I saw nothing to suggest that he was even half decent and his record proves that. He talked the talk but never walked the walk. Gave this philosophy of playing good football and then went and played hoof ball and with a small man upfront!!

Archived