IGNORED

Listening To Interview...

spudski

.... Forest fans were not wrong... it's like listening to a 'fan' rather than a manager...

How have gone from an intelligent manager like SoD to this... it's like listening to some Wurzel just out of school...

This is not inspiring at all... I'm sat here cringing... sounds like he's on the back foot already...it's awful to listen too.

It's not about SoD... it's about the board...

As Super has just said... spineless... not one of them wanted to speak... they even said at the beginning of the start of the interview that they thought Cotterill was their on his own... they must have been friggin hiding... what an absolute shower they are.

What Board doesn't speak to the press on introduction and publicly welcomes them?

It's not about SoD... it's about the board...

As Super has just said... spineless... not one of them wanted to speak... they even said at the beginning of the start of the interview that they thought Cotterill was their on his own... they must have been friggin hiding... what an absolute shower they are.

What Board doesn't speak to the press on introduction and publicly welcomes them?

It is embarrassing that neither Keith or Jon were there.

Oh dear he likes to blow his own trumpet doesn't he!! Sounds like a fan who got lucky one day and ended up managing the local football league team!! Cringe!! Sounds like he's going to do things his way whether we like it or not!! The Five Pillars have been shoved to one side! 3 and half years though!!! Ouch!!! A rolling contract maybe but this is definitely a helping out a 'best mate' inside job with no thoughts for the feelings of fans once again!!

Just watching John Gregory being interviewed on Sky Sports. Just so much easier on the ears..........jealous of Crawley.......Aaaagggahhhhhhh!!

.... Forest fans were not wrong... it's like listening to a 'fan' rather than a manager...

How have gone from an intelligent manager like SoD to this... it's like listening to some Wurzel just out of school...

This is not inspiring at all... I'm sat here cringing... sounds like he's on the back foot already...it's awful to listen too.

It's a shame that all this "intelligence" SOD had could not be used to produce a better record of results whilst he was at teh club. Perhaps you should meet the guy first, like you seem to have met all the other movers and shakers in football, before you cast aspersions on his lack of intelligence. Or do you judge intelligence simply on accent?

In response to Keepers Grandad... who mentioned accent?

I was listening to the words coming out of his mouth. He sounded like someone struggling to put an intelligent sentence together.

And for your information... I have met him... twice at Cheltenham.

He's definitely 'one of the lads'...

If that's how you like your managers... your choice...

So he's suddenly gone from a mumbling ,boring Brummie, to an intelligent articulate orator, has he/? Unbelievable.

Sorry, I never realised that you could either be intelligent or boring, but not both. 

Clearly his interview demeanour didn't do him any favours, but anyone who took the time to read his programme notes could see that Sean O'Driscoll was clearly an intelligent man.  Does that excuse his poor record?  Of course not.  But based on this morning's press conference, City under Cotterill scares me more.

I'm as disaponted as many seem to be.

We all know SOD had an unacceptable record but I still believe in the long term he would have done well especially after the performance against Orient as the balance looked good.

Now we are stuck with Cotterill. Hope he does well but can't see it myself.

I'll give him a chance, he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

But I feel a sense of impending doom already...

My concern at this early stage is around how the squad has been drilled (albeit with relative failure) into a structured and disciplined style of play by SOD.

They are relativity inexperienced and I believe really bought into what SOD was trying to achieve.

Now (presumably) our style will be more direct and physical.

Which is not that compatible with the type of players we have in the squad at present.

I am often wrong though, so the play offs could be realistic.

I'm as disaponted as many seem to be.

We all know SOD had an unacceptable record but I still believe in the long term he would have done well especially after the performance against Orient as the balance looked good.

Now we are stuck with Cotterill. Hope he does well but can't see it myself.

Perhaps. But I think the performance against Preston would have been no diferent if SOD was there. We all thought we would kick on after Carlisle and we didn't.

Archived