IGNORED

Listening To Interview...

spudski

.... Forest fans were not wrong... it's like listening to a 'fan' rather than a manager...

How have gone from an intelligent manager like SoD to this... it's like listening to some Wurzel just out of school...

This is not inspiring at all... I'm sat here cringing... sounds like he's on the back foot already...it's awful to listen too.

Have you heard the majority of the Bristol population? Other fans sing songs about us being thick wurzels, you are now using it as insult about our new manager before hes even had a game in charge? Who needs enamys ay...? Laughable.

Perhaps. But I think the performance against Preston would have been no diferent if SOD was there. We all thought we would kick on after Carlisle and we didn't.

I agree and we played reasonably at Preston (remember they are almost as high as Orient) so there were encouraging signs and I think the results would have come.

Two shots on target is not my definition of reasonable, Alex.

I was there and we did play reasonably as I said. It was the only the first 20 minutes or so that preston dominated. The 2nd half we just missed that cutting edge JET normally gives us and as you point out that translated in to a low shots on target count.

Very disapointed we didn't persevere with SOD.

.... Forest fans were not wrong... it's like listening to a 'fan' rather than a manager...

How have gone from an intelligent manager like SoD to this... it's like listening to some Wurzel just out of school...

This is not inspiring at all... I'm sat here cringing... sounds like he's on the back foot already...it's awful to listen too.

1. Who cares what forest fans think

2. Who cares what he sounds like, he's a football manager, most of them are from working class backgrounds. I'm glad he sounds like a wurzel he'll fit right in.

3. "Sat here cringing" - have a word with yourself

I was there and we did play reasonably as I said. It was the only the first 20 minutes or so that preston dominated. The 2nd half we just missed that cutting edge JET normally gives us and as you point out that translated in to a low shots on target count.

Very disapointed we didn't persevere with SOD.

You're missing the point slightly.

We played quite well against Colchester, Shrewsbury etc. yet had a tiny number of shots and a tiny number of goal scoring opportunities.

The aim of the game is to out score the opposition, not pass it about in our own half for 90 mins.

I agree and we played reasonably at Preston (remember they are almost as high as Orient) so there were encouraging signs and I think the results would have come.

Listening on the radio it seemed reasonable. But the fans who went on here said it was dyer. I thought results would come aswell up untill that Shef Utd performace. To many false dawns.

Anyway this thread isn't about SOD.

Not exctatic with the appointment, but by the sounds of the interview I think he'll do ok. Time will tell, but I'm already looking more forward to the next home game than I have in a while.

You're missing the point slightly.

We played quite well against Colchester, Shrewsbury etc. yet had a tiny number of shots and a tiny number of goal scoring opportunities.

The aim of the game is to out score the opposition, not pass it about in our own half for 90 mins.

No I understand  that too and against Orient we had 19 shots at goal I think but failed to win.

The main thing for me that I thought SOD was creating a platform for things to turn round long term. I could understand if he was sacked and someone else came in who could just get us to become a little better at getting results but keep the same sort of style/team etc. But we will know go to a long ball style and take out all the flair players if Forest fans are to be believed. On that basis I think SOD shouldn't have been sacked for a little bit longer.

Listening on the radio it seemed reasonable. But the fans who went on here said it was dyer. I thought results would come aswell up untill that Shef Utd performace. To many false dawns.

Only a few fans said it was dire.

Most said we were unlucky not to get a point, including Preston fans.

It's not about his Accent... it's the words coming out of his mouth...

You can be intelligent and working class... it has nothing to do with accent...

Straight away... comments like... 'yeah I've worked with Pembo'... and such like... reinforce everything I already knew about this chap.

He's one of the 'lads'... it's not a culture I think this club need to go back to.

A bit of respect goes a long way...all this 'geezer' mullarky is so third division old skool...

I remember seeing this 'style' in the players lounge when GJ was in charge... the culture it breeds is not one I liked...

Certain players and coaches will be as pleased as punch at this appointment though...

No I understand  that too and against Orient we had 19 shots at goal I think but failed to win.

The main thing for me that I thought SOD was creating a platform for things to turn round long term. I could understand if he was sacked and someone else came in who could just get us to become a little better at getting results but keep the same sort of style/team etc. But we will know go to a long ball style and take out all the flair players if Forest fans are to be believed. On that basis I think SOD shouldn't have been sacked for a little bit longer.

19 shots?

I was there and we got lucky with both goals. That leaves 17 speculative punts from 30 yards that flew 10 yards over/wide.

Trust me it wasn't. It was just a little bit less shit than the week before.

Yeah I mean we only almost beat the team who have barely dropped a point. Shit.

It wasn't brilliant but for me and anyone who could get over their anti SOD agenda it was a sign of better to come, a clear turning point.

It's not about his Accent... it's the words coming out of his mouth...

You can be intelligent and working class... it has nothing to do with accent...

Straight away... comments like... 'yeah I've worked with Pembo'... and such like... reinforce everything I already knew about this chap.

He's one of the 'lads'... it's not a culture I think this club need to go back to.

A bit of respect goes a long way...all this 'geezer' mullarky is so third division old skool...

I remember seeing this 'style' in the players lounge when GJ was in charge... the culture it breeds is not one I liked...

Certain players and coaches will be as pleased as punch at this appointment though...

So why refer to him as a wurzel?

I was a little confused when his name was first mentioned, but we all must get behind him as we should any manager. I do not understand the comments following his interview on player, he said nothing wrong, he is at least a west country lad, and for those who disliked the dour SOD, he will give some life to the squad. The one comment I noted, was the one about west country lads grow up on rugby, and want their football to be high charge. I totally agree with this, our crowd gets going when we see a team up for it. I have heard for too ing from our recent managers "cannot fault the effort", well if they calculate miles run maybe, but it is some time since we have seen consistently players able to up the pace to get the crowd going. The crowd we do need behind the team, and not falling asleep . My single biggest issue with SOD was not the possession stuff, but the tempo was dire. We allowed teams time to regroup and camp behind the ball. Making our job so hard at AG. You need to turn teams around and get them chasing back IMHO. 

So we will see. In the end results count, but I do think we will see a marked improvement at our next home game.

at least SOD talked sense. The few quotes i've seen of Cotterill's was ''we would've won if they didn't score more than us'' I despair.

In reply to sodbury red... referring to 'wurzel'... or otherwise defined as 'country bumpkin'...

'Speaks or behaves in a manner that indicates a lack of understanding in an ever changing modern (football) world.

Most probably ignorant rather than uneducated but can be both.'

Firstly declaring myself in the SOD in camp. However, having watched the press conference on the official site I think SC comes across very well. Really don't understand some of the negative comments about his first appearance. Far from getting excited and agree that talk is cheap, but he made all the right noises and will definitely bring some passion. Not sure what else our new gaffer could have done...

COYR

at least SOD talked sense. The few quotes i've seen of Cotterill's was ''we would've won if they didn't score more than us'' I despair.

SOD was honest, brutally honest after each game.

He'd openly tell us what the opposition did well, what we did poorly and what we could have done better. The only snag was he never seemed to be able to do anything about it. 

Archived