IGNORED

More High Jinks At The Kuala Lumpur (Merged)

Aizoon

As I've just seen someone say on Twitter you have to laugh at a fan base that says 'Oh do what you want Mr Tan' when it comes to the changing the colour of their shirts and therefore pissing away years of history, but then kicks up a fuss about a manager being sacked.

Rightly or wrong (and in this case obviously wrongly) owners and boards are allowed to fire managers. They aren't, or at least shouldn't be, allowed to change the very things that make the club what it is. Once Cardiff fans had bent over and allowed Tan to do what he wanted their opinion on anything became worthless.

We had a rivalry with a team that played in blue shirts at Ninian Park. Not a team that play in red shirts with Malaysia written on the front of them at the Cardiff City Stadium.

This seems a bordering on the insane , let alone possibly breaking every goodwill the club might have had with those last desperate Cardiff souls who though that having their colours changed and the name of their Football Team would be enough to bear, but no not at all this Tan man wants complete control of everything and couldn't give a damn about tradition or public opinion. 

I (honestly) do not envy Cardiff City at all, and would, despite all the problems our City have  not swap places with them for one minute.

The Welsh FA if they have any substance at all need to step in and stop the despot.

I completely agree. There is no way I would swap places with them right now if we had to endure what they are at present. The bloke is an absolute clown. 

This should simply not happen in football. Cardiff or not. It's a depressing sign of what football has become. Certainly in the top flight anyway. 

Maybe it's a case of be careful what you wish for? I haven't been happy with our board of late but we should count ourselves lucky we don't have a Mr. Fake Tan.

This seems a bordering on the insane , let alone possibly breaking every goodwill the club might have had with those last desperate Cardiff souls who though that having their colours changed and the name of their Football Team would be enough to bear, but no not at all this Tan man wants complete control of everything and couldn't give a damn about tradition or public opinion.

I (honestly) do not envy Cardiff City at all, and would, despite all the problems our City have not swap places with them for one minute.

The Welsh FA if they have any substance at all need to step in and stop the despot.

I wonder whether the Welsh FA is as corrupt as some of its sister organisations?

Agree with Taylor10. Terrifies me what we will face if SL decides to walk away (which I think is increasingly likely, especially if SC doesn't turn things around and goes, when we can expect the full fury of the fan base to be unleashed after the way he was appointed).

Whilst I dislike the way the Club is being run in certain areas and in particular recent events, at least we have fans at the helm who respect and value the history and traditions of the club.

Not wanting to turn this into a Board or SL debate - just saying that each time I hear of the latest fiasco at Cardiff I shudder. Be careful what you wish for indeed ...

Tan doesn't really have their club at heart so when he gets fed up with endlessly forking out for players, sniping from the manager and having to put up with scab fans abuse from those nice taffs he'll walk away overnight take all the assets and transfer ownership to a holding company which will go bankrupt.

Bye bye taffs.

Simples

But where does Tan think they should be? 15th in the League beating the best team in the league, beating there neighbours as well. He is clearly on a par with the chicken people at Blackburn who thought pumping in some cash would get them challenging for the Champions League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25457024

Mackay will certainly have a case for unfair dismissal.

....Mackay will have no problem getting a better job elsewhere. He's proven to be one of the best up and coming managers in the football. Working out how to beat the mighty Manchester City was a stunning achievement with his team of far inferior players.

Mackay will be better off away from them, it's not like he is walking away for being a failure. Who would want that job next, I'd like to see Pulis go but he is taken, Warnock maybe would be my next choice or Holloway!

But where does Tan think they should be? 15th in the League beating the best team in the league, beating there neighbours as well. He is clearly on a par with the chicken people at Blackburn who thought pumping in some cash would get them challenging for the Champions League.

Exactly - this Tan bloke and the one at Hull think they can treat football clubs and their fans in this country (and Wales!) with utter contempt. They are not only walking all over the fans' feelings, they are stopping halfway to wipe their feet.

Tan's imitation of Cardiff have beaten Man City and drawn with Man Utd and Everton, they are 15th in the toughest division in the world (arguably) and he isn't happy. And he's gonna make a good man like Malky carry the can.

On SSN last night they showed Cardiff fans celebrating their promotion on the pitch at the end of last season and they were holding up a big Malaysian flag with 'Tan's the Man' printed on it. That made me sick. They can moan now but it's too late. They let him throw their history away and are now bleating cos 'Tan the Man' isn't happy with the manager who took them to their promised land.

Personally i'm gutted with what has happened at my club over the last few years but at least we have a Bristolian in charge who genuinely cares about our club. Yes he's made some errors, and some of them have been very significant, but he cares about us and our history. I wish he was more hands on at this difficult time but he has put an absolute fortune into City.

If he walked away and someone like Tan walked in we would all be much less happy than we are now even though that doesn't seem possible as we are genuinely gutted about being bottom of div 3.

But, we still have our colours, history, spiritual home, dignity, nickname etc and other things that mean so much to us. After all, look at the fierce debate a change of badge generated! Imagine what we'd be like if it was about a change of kit colour!!!

Looking around the leagues, i'm happy with Mr Lansdown....

Just seen on twitter that Cardiff Have banned all press from tweeting and live blogging for the duration of Mackays press conference.

Mackay not at this morning's press conference.

Sounds like he's off then and will probably be better off out of there -  a big chunk of compo and a decent job in the new year.

Happy Christmas Malky!

P.S. The Beeb are also saying he is still manager after Tan's ultimatum.......................but for how long?

Mackay will be better off away from them, it's not like he is walking away for being a failure. Who would want that job next, I'd like to see Pulis go but he is taken, Warnock maybe would be my next choice or Holloway!

It'll probably be Tan's nephew.

Mackay not at this morning's press conference.

Sounds like he's off then and will probably be better off out of there -  a big chunk of compo and a decent job in the new year.

Happy Christmas Malky!

P.S. The Beeb are also saying he is still manager after Tan's ultimatum.......................but for how long?

I think Malky has been a class act all the way through. Full credit to him he won't be short of job offers that's for sure.

Big game on tv tomorrow for them, wouldnt it look embarrassing if all the staff walked out in support of Mackay ( I know they won't as it would forgo their own money, shame). Cardiff won't get anyone overnight would they?!

From the BBC

Chairman Mehmet Dalman has a preferred candidate to succeed the 41-year-old and Tan's permission to strike a deal.

The target is understood to be a household name at another British club

Harry Redknapp?

Archived