IGNORED

More High Jinks At The Kuala Lumpur (Merged)

Aizoon

• Admin

Coventry fans have done it. Stuck to their principles, and still getting gates of under 2000. Mind you, its probably easier to boycott in L1 than in the Prem!

In the prem, there are corporate fans, glory hunters and bandwagon jumpers that will readily take the tickets unsold to those long term fans with principles and history. What will be telling, is what happens when/if they get relegated, if the diehards who have stayed away still stay away, the gloryhunters will fade away back to their armchairs and the gates will bring them back to reality.

It's a simple one for me. If someone came here, destroyed the club's identity, changed the colour of the kit, decorated the stadium with malaysian flags, threatened to leave every time he was criticised, referred to supporters as 'customers', sacked a respected scout and replaced him with a work experience kid, publicly humiliated the manager and made the club a laughing stock...he would not get a penny of my money - whatever we might have achieved on the pitch. I can honestly say that.

What I can't understand is why more Cardiff supporters don't appear to feel the same.

It does seem strange. I would like to have the will power to do so. If my old man did then I most definitely would.

It is an absolute disgrace. Fit and proper person's test my arse. More of a whoever has money and can generate more income for the prem and sky please step forward test.

Tomorrow's Guardian.

The Guardian.

The Cardiff City manager, Malky Mackay, is privately resigned to the fact he will be out of a job by the end of the weekend.

Malky Mackay is planning to take charge of Cardiff City's Premier League match at Liverpool on Saturday, when he will be a dead man walking. Adamant that he will not quit, the Cardiff manager is resigned to the fact that he will be out of a job by the end of the weekend. It is possible that he will be dismissed before the Liverpool game kicks off.

Vincent Tan, Cardiff's owner, was due to hold talks with Mehmet Dalman, the club's chairman, in London on Friday night. Mackay has not received any communication from Tan since the now notorious email that was sent to him by the Malaysian businessman earlier in the week, when the 41-year-old manager was told to resign or face being sacked.

Mackay, due a seven-figure sum in compensation if his contract is terminated, will not be walking away from the job that he has held for two and a half years.

In another remarkable development on Friday, it is understood that the Cardiff striker Craig Bellamy was asked if he would be willing to take charge of the team on a temporary basis, until a permanent manager is appointed. Bellamy, who has always spoke highly of Mackay, made it clear that he was not interested in the position.

The process of trying to find a long-term replacement for Mackay is under way. The club are sounding out candidates, with Dalman optimistic that Cardiff can land a high-profile name.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the former Manchester United striker who is in charge of the Norwegian club Molde, is one of the names under consideration. Sven-Goran Eriksson, now working in China, has emerged as another option.

It is believed that Tan is proposing to give the new manager substantial funds when the transfer window reopens, despite telling Mackay this week that "not a single penny" was available.

Mackay was due to attend a press conference at the club's Vale of Glamorgan training base on Friday morning only for David Kerslake, his assistant, to appear in his place. Otherwise Mackay has prepared as normal for the Liverpool game. He took training, held a team meeting with the players and boarded the flight to Merseyside with the squad and his back room staff. He knows that the end is in sight and it is now just a matter of when, and not if, he will leave his post.

Kerslake, who found himself in an impossible position, tried to steer the conversation away from Mackay and from what has been another farcical week at Cardiff. He said: "I am here just to talk about the Liverpool game. I came in this morning and was told to come in and do the press. Malky is in the pavilion now as we speak.

"As far as we are concerned it is just another game in which we face a wonderfully talented team. We have prepared all this week as professionally as always."

The relationship between Mackay and Tan was beyond repair before the owner sent his email which expressed numerous grievances with the way the manager operated. The document even compared Mackay's record as Watford manager with how Dave Jones performed in charge of Cardiff at that time. It should make for interesting reading for the League Managers Association.

With Mackay extremely popular among the Cardiff supporters, many of whom were already fed up with the bizarre decision-making that has been a feature of Tan's tenure.

Fans are planning to protest against the owner before the Boxing Day home match against Southampton.

I pity Cardiff, I pity Portsmouth, I pity Coventry, I pity Wimbledon, I pitied Liverpool under Higgs and Gillette. Football is about fans, it's not about millionares and their toys. The sooner a 51% rule is introduced the better. The sooner the Prem is reattached to the football league as division 1 and the money is spread more evenly (obviously division 1 get the most but fairer). The sooner all games are 3pm on a saturday or 7:45 on a tuesday the better. The sooner we can stand, have a pint etc during the game. The sooner an away trip doesn't require a re mortgage the better.

I pity Cardiff, I pity Portsmouth, I pity Coventry, I pity Wimbledon, I pitied Liverpool under Higgs and Gillette. Football is about fans, it's not about millionares and their toys. The sooner a 51% rule is introduced the better. The sooner the Prem is reattached to the football league as division 1 and the money is spread more evenly (obviously division 1 get the most but fairer). The sooner all games are 3pm on a saturday or 7:45 on a tuesday the better. The sooner we can stand, have a pint etc during the game. The sooner an away trip doesn't require a re mortgage the better.

All very understandable but you might as well ask the sea to stop coming in. Thing is, professional footballers, pretty much like any group of workers, will go where they can be earn most. If you want to take money out of football the answer is simple - stop live transmission of football games. Not that I even have Sky personally - I just can't be bothered with watching loads of Prem games when I just don't care who wins - but I wouldn't ban it. Football fans are an odd bunch, IMO. We seem to want football to never change. Bristol is a case in point - a large and great city with two loss making clubs - one poor and one very poor. We all seem to prefer a set up that honestly just ain't viable - and then have the cheek to blame the likes of SL for failing to fulfil our totally unrealistic aspirations. Not knocking  your sentiment, btw, I'm just as bad. Can't understand SL volunteering for all this aggro - and even worse, he's going to leave this bag of poo to his poor unsuspecting son.

Maybe as fans we should embrace change, understand and support a bit more than we do and criticize a bit less.

Yeah! Middle aged :(

Agree with what you say,it's a completely different game and experience to the one we once knew.

I haven't enjoyed it for a few years, and I feel confident enough to now say that I've had enough,the buzz has gone!

Don't make the assumption the younger generation are OK with this! I've only just turned 30 and I'm appalled by it, as are many of my friends. I may only remember the premier league era but that doesn't mean I don't recognise how people like Tan are ruining our game.

Don't make the assumption the younger generation are OK with this! I've only just turned 30 and I'm appalled by it, as are many of my friends. I may only remember the premier league era but that doesn't mean I don't recognise how people like Tan are ruining our game.

I'm just 19, but looking at the atmospheres, prices and quality of clubs abroad, I can see that something is wrong here.

Bravado aside, the reality is if some megalomaniac billionare bought out Bristol City or any other club and decided to change the badge, shirt colour, club name or even move the club somewhere else the fans would be completely powerless to stop them.

The only people who can prevent such things happening are the football authorities, who seem to have been totally silent  on the shenanigans going on at Cardiff and Hull

Just seen the Cardiff fans in the away end at Anfield. Still some wearing red shirts and scarves. It always amazed me but in the light of this week's events i find that astonishing. Do they not realise the statement they are making?

I expect they are the ones who have only "supported" the Dragons for a couple of years.

If they got relegated you would never see them again.

I reckon my mate Clive is pretty typical of Cardiff fans of a 'certain age'. He was a Ninian boy, a proper bluebird.

While he is distraught about the identity thing and the handling of the Malky situation, he does go to the CCS. He thought long and hard about wether to renew but wanted to see his club in the Prem. He hates the red and is one of the 'draped in blue' brigade. He is adamant he will NOT renew again and cannot defend Tan at all.

At the game against us at their place, he openly applauded our derisory songs about Malaysia and 'sold out'.

My attitude to him is one of contradiction, he wants the glory without the sacrifice! I have said many times you either walk away or embrace it. The vast majority appear to be doing neither.

I do have respect for those that stayed away and continue to do it, fair play to them! My mate Clive? A 'bend over and take it' merchant tbh!

When Steve Lansdown tried to introduce a Micky Mouse badge, we the fans managed to protest and stop it.

Cardiff fans have stood back and let Tan take liberties without a whimper.

Do you remember the uproar over that new shirt they tried to launch. David Cotterill was modelling it, and there were so many negative comments, they ditched it.

When Steve Lansdown tried to introduce a Micky Mouse badge, we the fans managed to protest and stop it.

Cardiff fans have stood back and let Tan take liberties without a whimper.

Do you remember the uproar over that new shirt they tried to launch. David Cotterill was modelling it, and there were so many negative comments, they ditched it.

Absolutely. Only an idiot would go along with something they don't like, and only an idiot would carry on introducing the changes against the will of the people.

Tan, the idiot, found a club with enough idiots to follow his lead.

It's far too late for any of the so called reluctant reds to claim their club back after they let him take it the first time he asked.

Archived