IGNORED

More High Jinks At The Kuala Lumpur (Merged)

Aizoon

From the BBC

Chairman Mehmet Dalman has a preferred candidate to succeed the 41-year-old and Tan's permission to strike a deal.

The target is understood to be a household name at another British club

Harry Redknapp?

Any Brit manager taking that job should be ashamed of themselves, so 'Arry is ok he doesn't have any shame.

From the BBC

Chairman Mehmet Dalman has a preferred candidate to succeed the 41-year-old and Tan's permission to strike a deal.

Harry Redknapp?

You have to hope - Harry is the kind of guy that will give them some mid table success while spending through Tans billions in a couple years, they will be in trouble big time in 5 years.

I wonder if Tan has any friends back home in Malaysia that were particularly unhappy at the results gained against Manchesters City & United. Friends who maybe had lost significant sums of money as a result of those performances?

How this guy got past the incredibly intense and strict FA fit and proper person test is beyond me?, his background is certainly very shadowy indeed, allegedly has dealings with the corrupt government back home.

PS:- just in case, the first sentence was irony.

How this guy got past the incredibly intense and strict FA fit and proper person test is beyond me?, his background is certainly very shadowy indeed, allegedly has dealings with the corrupt government back home.

Sounds pretty brassy to me, EMB ;)

Seriously, I totally agree. I would guess that the FA definition of "fit and proper" translates into Malay as "very rich" :(

• Admin

Which FA's proper and fit person test do they have to pass, although be it English or Welsh, it seems like one of those tests where the examiner wants you to pass and goes out the room, leaving the answers in view.

From the BBC

Harry Redknapp?

Not sure which statement of the two is correct but I just copied this off the Dragons forum.

This one says "outside" the uk!

"Dalman has a preferred candidate to replace Mackay should he be dismissed - the manager is a high-profile name currently in work outside the UK"

It's episodes like this that are making me question my love for the game. It's shameful, indefensible and reflects so poorly on the game as a whole that someone like Tan is able to do what he is doing.

Having said that, I have no sympathy for Cardiff supporters. They were willing to sacrifice their very identity to get where they have and now it's come home to roost. Anyone who continues to buy tickets is effectively supporting Tan's regime. My sympathy is with the minority who have given up on their once-cherished club.

PS:- just in case, the first sentence was irony sarcasm.

Fixed it for you. Seig Heil to the 'Grammar Nazi!'

It's episodes like this that are making me question my love for the game. It's shameful, indefensible and reflects so poorly on the game as a whole that someone like Tan is able to do what he is doing.

Having said that, I have no sympathy for Cardiff supporters. They were willing to sacrifice their very identity to get where they have and now it's come home to roost. Anyone who continues to buy tickets is effectively supporting Tan's regime. My sympathy is with the minority who have given up on their once-cherished club.

My thoughts exactly.

I feel sorry that the game has changed. I feel a little gutted it's not what it used to be ( and I'm not even old) for example when on earth is finishing 4th in the league a success? The game I fell in love with wasn't full of so many plastics and so much over the top finances, transfers etc.

I do not feel sorry for the Cardiff fans though. They all reluctantly accepted the initial change at the club so did they honestly not see any more crazy decisions coming from this moron?

My thoughts exactly.

I feel sorry that the game has changed. I feel a little gutted it's not what it used to be ( and I'm not even old) for example when on earth is finishing 4th in the league a success? The game I fell in love with wasn't full of so many plastics and so much over the top finances, transfers etc.

I do not feel sorry for the Cardiff fans though. They all reluctantly accepted the initial change at the club so did they honestly not see any more crazy decisions coming from this moron?

I don't think anybody feels sorry for the fans. Only person I feel sorry for is MM who deserves far better than having the piss taken out of him by a complete joke of a human being.

I don't think anybody feels sorry for the fans. Only person I feel sorry for is MM who deserves far better than having the piss taken out of him by a complete joke of a human being.

I agree. It's a joke and I find myself wanting Cardiff to get relegated for other reasons than the general dislike I have for them.

MM will come out of this with his head held high. Like it or not he has worked wonders at Cardiff and deserves more respect. He certainly deserves more respect from the tosser that wears his trousers up to his chin and knows literally **** all about the game.

• Admin

There's no love lost between me and Cardiff, but, for those that say the fans let themselves be ridden by Tan, what exactly could they have done, protested? Stayed away? I know some of the 'proper' fans who have, but because they are in the prem, there are some soulless twats quite happy to take their places and suck up the bullshit.

Don't think the Cardiff fans are somehow at fault for it happening, if SL sold up to some lunatic who changed us to blue shirts, but got us to the prem, the stadium would be full, maybe not with those of us with some soul, sense of pride and history, but it would be full never the less.

There's no love lost between me and Cardiff, but, for those that say the fans let themselves be ridden by Tan, what exactly could they have done, protested? Stayed away? I know some of the 'proper' fans who have, but because they are in the prem, there are some soulless ***** quite happy to take their places and suck up the bullshit.

Don't think the Cardiff fans are somehow at fault for it happening, if SL sold up to some lunatic who changed us to blue shirts, but got us to the prem, the stadium would be full, maybe not with those of us with some soul, sense of pride and history, but it would be full never the less.

It's a tough one to call. I honestly don't know what I would do if it happened to us. I would love to say I would protest and wouldn't come back but I am not sure if I would genuinely have it in me to turn my back on the club.

I just think collectively they should have protested and voted with their feet. Hard to achieve of course but that's the only way anything could have been done. Easy to say I guess as they were not far from going out of business but I just think they didn't really put up much of a fight. I just don't get why Cardiff fans and fans in general are seemingly shocked over all this. If he can just throw away years of history, tradition and pride then he can easily do things such as this.

It's a tough one to call. I honestly don't know what I would do if it happened to us. I would love to say I would protest and wouldn't come back but I am not sure if I would genuinely have it in me to turn my back on the club.

I just think collectively they should have protested and voted with their feet. Hard to achieve of course but that's the only way anything could have been done. Easy to say I guess as they were not far from going out of business but I just think they didn't really put up much of a fight. I just don't get why Cardiff fans and fans in general are seemingly shocked over all this. If he can just throw away years of history, tradition and pride then he can easily do things such as this.

It's a simple one for me. If someone came here, destroyed the club's identity, changed the colour of the kit, decorated the stadium with malaysian flags, threatened to leave every time he was criticised, referred to supporters as 'customers', sacked a respected scout and replaced him with a work experience kid, publicly humiliated the manager and made the club a laughing stock...he would not get a penny of my money - whatever we might have achieved on the pitch. I can honestly say that.

What I can't understand is why more Cardiff supporters don't appear to feel the same.

Archived