IGNORED

Drums In Eastend?

Robin 101

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From the Dolman it does sound like every song is accompanied by a drum beat.

I'm more old school, prefer an atmosphere without one

Football fans make a beat be it clapping or bashing sheet metal that make up the stand. Great atmospheres often involve a drum, just our lads are perhaps not quite there with how to use it. 

How about we get together to get them drum lessons and how to use them properly, opposed to wild bashing

Don't think it matters much any more to be honest.  There's only 10 home games left this season before the East End is ripped down (and I'd wager it'll happen before the end of the year anyway, so possibly only 7 or 8 games left in there).

Plus one of those will be MK Dons when most of the "old school" EE-ers will not be in the EE.

For what it's worth though - the drum is good for the "clap-clap-clap-clap - CITY" chant.  The "duh-duh-duh-duh duh duh duh City" chant.  And for keeping "Forza Eastenders" or "Red Army" in time.

Those should be the ONLY 4 songs which need the drum.  All other songs don't need it and are better "au naturale".

Still - won't matter in 4 months as everyone will have to move elsewhere and the current 'freedoms' entitled us in the EE (standing, flags etc) will no longer be permitted.

Don't think it matters much any more to be honest. There's only 10 home games left this season before the East End is ripped down (and I'd wager it'll happen before the end of the year anyway, so possibly only 7 or 8 games left in there).

Plus one of those will be MK Dons when most of the "old school" EE-ers will not be in the EE.

For what it's worth though - the drum is good for the "clap-clap-clap-clap - CITY" chant. The "duh-duh-duh-duh duh duh duh City" chant. And for keeping "Forza Eastenders" or "Red Army" in time.

Those should be the ONLY 4 songs which need the drum. All other songs don't need it and are better "au naturale".

Still - won't matter in 4 months as everyone will have to move elsewhere and the current 'freedoms' entitled us in the EE (standing, flags etc) will no longer be permitted.

Some great memories in the eastend, a sad thought that it will soon be a pile of rubble. As pathetic as it sounds, almost brings a tear to my eye thinking of all the great memories in there as a boy and even now. Once it's gone it will never be the same again at AG.

I hope the club works their ******* socks off to ensure that the eastend keeps its unique feel.

They won't move us out before the end of the season, that will cause too much disturbance with season ticket holders in there.

Let's just ensure the last game in there is a celebration, go ******* mental and say goodbye to the old place, because once it's gone and re-built it won't be the eastend anymore.

Some great memories in the eastend, a sad thought that it will soon be a pile of rubble. As pathetic as it sounds, almost brings a tear to my eye thinking of all the great memories in there as a boy and even now. Once it's gone it will never be the same again at AG.

I hope the club works their ******* socks off to ensure that the eastend keeps its unique feel.

They won't move us out before the end of the season, that will cause too much disturbance with season ticket holders in there.

Let's just ensure the last game in there is a celebration, go ******* mental and say goodbye to the old place, because once it's gone and re-built it won't be the eastend anymore.

The problem in the East End is that since the away support were housed there half a dozen of them can sound like an army thus giving a psychological boost to them and diluting our own supporters efforts .

The redesign must do something to balance this out ,in our favour evidently.

As for the drums,used properly they can really drive the crowd and the team on.

The club could get some good publicity If they gave lessons to our ,ahem,musicians.

I don't mind them, but then - I don't sit next to them!

The poll is of interest. I suspect the numbers who do not appreciate their drumming would be even higher in the stand.

Despite the drummers telling others "everybody" likes it, don't like it tough, do one etc all they are being asked to do is moderate their behaviour and consider another block.

Each to his/her/their own i.m.o.

Really does it matter, same goes for sitting, standing, flags, singing fast/slow etc,etc, whatever happened to freedom of choice and enjoying the game however you want to.

Just because banging drums fast, slow, all the time, none of the time dosen`t float some fans boats dosent mean we should stop their enjoyment of doing so. :dunno:

In all fairness the drummers only drun in songs with a beat what sounds good.heres a few

With drums..

Forza eastenders

If u are a rovers fan surrend..

Red army

Cider drinker on chorus

Come on city come on city..2 bangs

Duh duh duh duh duh duh city

by far the greatest team the world.only 2 bangs when needed.

Songs what he doesnt drum at all,they don't need them..

Drink up the cider

Come on you reds

hark now hear

if your standing on a corner..

my old man said be a rovers..

We are the eastend Ashton gate

i see him and he sees me..

red flag flying high

city til i die

build a bonfire

you are my city my only city

doobie doobie doo

give me a c..i..t...y

eastend eastend bounce around

Jet wil tear you apart

One team in bristol

whos that team they call the rovers..

i know there are a few more bu there are plenty of songs to sing without drums which sound great,not that many what sounds good with drums but they do stick to them and leave an awful lot alone,so don't really see what they are doing wrong.

http://youtu.be/sIBZrX5eoI8

Football fans make a beat be it clapping or bashing sheet metal that make up the stand. Great atmospheres often involve a drum, just our lads are perhaps not quite there with how to use it. 

How about we get together to get them drum lessons and how to use them properly, opposed to wild bashing

How about creating a platform somewhere within the ground for 'guest' drummers to bash out a few good rhythms on real drum kits?

If the kid below can do it surely it aint impossible to get someone/guests in on a match by match basis,,, the enthusiastic 'bashers' we already have can join in and we BCFC Ashton Gate could become famous for it....  

Nothing wrong with a bit of creative crowd participation for creating a special bit of unique atmosphere...

The six year old below does a pretty decent job with the appropriate Paradise City... (specially around 4mins in) ... there must be some decent drummers here abouts who could do a decent job with familiar City related tunes... I reckon they'd be queuing up to have a bash along with an Ashton Gate crowd.

Lets do something 'special'... a bit ot scaffolding & a platform & mic wouldn't break the bank.  C O Y R's !!!

http://youtu.be/sIBZrX5eoI8 

Archived