IGNORED

Drums In Eastend?

Robin 101

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A handful of his friends enjoy it. Most people do not. If it was just trying to start the odd song here and there then people deal with until it goes away. However this is changing the entire culture of the stand. It's become pathetic and embarrassing in fact it's become very 'modern football' and that's not what I'm interested in. Hense why I keep quoting Reading.

A handful of his friends enjoy it. Most people do not. If it was just trying to start the odd song here and there then people deal with until it goes away. However this is changing the entire culture of the stand. It's become pathetic and embarrassing in fact it's become very 'modern football' and that's not what I'm interested in. Hense why I keep quoting Reading.

You keep making out the people near him are his 'friends' I've been in the eastend a lot longer than the drum has, as a matter of fact I dispise the drum a lot better when it was just the crowd for atmosphere obviously those days are gone now in unfortunately!

It is a catch 22 as others actually enjoy it. He can move where he wants.

That is not the true meaning of catch 22.

Prove a majority want him there spoiling fans day out. The drummer posed a challenge to fans. Fans created poll and polls [elsewhere] for him as he requested . He has lost. He should now move.

If people feel that strongly just complain to the club....

This is the best post in this thread. Any poll on the forum is meaningless due to the low number of people who vote. Those who don't like the drums should contact the club as ask for a proper vote from e.g. all season ticket holders. Not sure it would happen, but worth a try.

To be honest I am surprised given the ill feeling towards the Drummers why do the club put up with it? Especially if it is ruining folks match day experience,  it has been bad enough of late dealing with the on pitch antics let alone the off pitch.

You could say that the other way around mind you, my match day experience is being ruined by the silent types coming in and doing nothing to create any kind of atmosphere. On top of that, trying to get rid of the drums which has finally created an atmosphere where everyone sings on time together.

Wasn't the east end opened to create a better atmosphere at Ashton gate? We should all be making enough noise as possible in our last season in there.

Don't forget these drummers are passionate city supporters.

You could say that the other way around mind you, my match day experience is being ruined by the silent types coming in and doing nothing to create any kind of atmosphere. On top of that, trying to get rid of the drums which has finally created an atmosphere where everyone sings on time together.

Wasn't the east end opened to create a better atmosphere at Ashton gate? We should all be making enough noise as possible in our last season in there.

There have been drummers before. This one is rubbish. New skool and old skool, even the death are saying time to go.

According to Notterzx everybody loves what he does. He has been found out, the informed will know it is not even close to pleasing the minority. If you spoil the day of others you change what you do. He is spoiling the day of others and that is no catch 22. He can move somewhere else instead.

I stand pretty close to the drums near Puckle_Red and his flags I think, got to say it doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I've normally had a few on board by then,

THIS

Wasn't the east end opened to create a better atmosphere at Ashton gate? 

The idea presented to Mr Lansdown [Jan 2007] was that the stand would be an alternative to the Atyeo. What this drummer is doing could be done in the Atyeo, and was formerly.

You could say that the other way around mind you, my match day experience is being ruined by the silent types coming in and doing nothing to create any kind of atmosphere.

Being polite this is nonsense.There would have been nobody at the above meeting to present that type of insular view to Mr Lansdown. The stand would still be shut if that was the intent.

And so are those he is inflicting his unwanted noise on.

Drums associated with this sites predecessor (wtms, subcider etc) were removed from the stand as it was clear that a significant number of fans did not like them. Minority, or majority it did not matter as this had been discussed with a previous club representative for safety. If the drums had a clear detrimental effect on a significant number of fans out they went, and did,  

Over done megaphone was removed due to poor use.

I have been there from the start from the petition, art, flags, megaphones and have seen many drummers but this at present is the worse I have seen for fan issues in that stand with pockets of fans just doing what they want with no fan/club consultation and nothing as a unit, and If people can't take advice I have learned and given out on board then trust me the future is bleak.

Both types of fans are passionate City fans or they wouldn't be in the ground.

Can't stand drums at football personally, but I don't go in the East End anymore so it's not a major problem for me.

Just don't bring them up in the Dolman or you might need an x-ray to find your drumsticks.

?? 1/3 say they want them as they are.

2/3 say do it differently or elsewhere.

You are confusing "where they are" with "as they are". The people who voted "yes, but drums used more effectively" have voted yes to the drums in the East End. The title of this thread is "Drums in the East End?" Therefore well over 50% have so far voted for the drums to remain in the East End.

You are confusing "where they are" with "as they are". The people who voted "yes, but drums used more effectively" have voted yes to the drums in the East End. The title of this thread is "Drums in the East End?" Therefore well over 50% have so far voted for the drums to remain in the East End.

To be fair i think it's you that is confused

I take your first point. However, I don't see any evidence for seats being emptied, which was predicted by some.

Your penultimate point is incorrect - the poll currently shows approximately 35% "yes,but drums used more effectively" this does not mean move.

Anyone will vote yes, but drums used more effectively if you do not mind drums however:

Can these lads do this?

Word effectively

Will these lads listen and take on board advice being given?

Can these lads work with those around the stand as previous drummers have?

A massive point can be yes to a drum but who plays the thing is more to the point and evidence coming to light is

a section of ''no'' in this poll and yes, but drums used more effectively,, the used more effectively appears to

imply reasonable doubt they can not? key words ''more effectively'',, hate to piss on anyone from a great height

but if this is to be done then do it right or people will pull you up on things, take it from WTMS they will.

X factor style auditions for EE drummers? shouts out next in this case!!!

Since 66` This old boy says "hey teacher..........leave them kids alone" :banana:

Respect to CH and co who got us back in there, me and the boy were one of the less than 100 for N County (was it? memory dying, 5/4-0 was it, memory dying) anyway way back and back way even further before the drummer was even born, no doubt.

My opinion is and will remain each to his/her own in there, more so now in its dying days; no us and them we are all the same, get behind the team WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT.

A poll on who can do what..................F.F.S just enjoy the last days in your own way? its what its about innit?

Archived