IGNORED

Drums In Eastend?

Robin 101

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I take your first point. However, I don't see any evidence for seats being emptied, which was predicted by some.

Your penultimate point is incorrect - the poll currently shows approximately 35% "yes,but drums used more effectively" this does not mean move.

Mate You are avoiding points there and playing with words. What does a poll showing a overwhelming anti vote on a EE website show?

Seats are being emptied because fans HAVE moved out of G block. Fans are NOT lying.

People are stating they do not want to have the drummers next to them. The drums could/would be more effective where they are more welcome e.g. F block further from a block where fans have moved to get away from the drumming [H].

If this drummer continues in a new stand like he currently is obvious core groups in the Eastend will avoid that stand or area including one which was largely responsible for getting fans into the stand in the first place. 

It is hard to see any evidence that this type of drumming helps get people into the stand. The above groups were an obvious asset to the stand.

This is a quite interesting thread but what does it prove? Only 157 people voted (less than 2%) of the average gate and there was no clear majority for any of the 3 options.

It probably proves that you can't please all of the people all of the time and never will at a football match.

only people saying no are from the other 3 stands, keep up the good work mate! ole ole ole

No.

I moved last game as enough was enough when the random banging kept going on. Also banging over other sections singing...its embarrassing.

You'll notice the flags moved 2nd half we'll so did plenty of lads but I am not at all surprised that these drummers didn't even observe that because they don't even notice how embarrassing their drumming is. The atmosphere used to be like none other in there, now it's like every other.

Sometimes less is more and a few seconds/minutes without a song doesn't mean they just have to bang something/ANYTHING!

I don't comment on here too often but this is getting beyond annoying.

only people saying no are from the other 3 stands, keep up the good work mate! ole ole ole

I don't believe in this logic. I said I didn't mind the drums because I sit in the Dolman and therefore they're not banging away next to my ears. The farther away you are from the drums the better they sound (the middle of the Cumberland Basin Flyover would probably be the best place)

Why don't people speak to Notterz at games then? Tell him they're not wanted FACE TO FACE and he might listen.

Because they lack the necessary minerals!

With all due respect if the EE atmos had been good over the last few seasons the drums would never have appeared.

Let's face it 95% of AG is a library yet there is a witch hunt against the few that are innocently trying to make things better.

You think they go to the game specifically to ruin your day?

Nothing original has come out of the EE for years, WAY before the drums so harsh to pin that on them

Good team performance today, but spoiled by a generally poor atmosphere. There were long (up to 10 mins in first half) periods without chants from the EE. For example, there were none for the first 10 mins of the second half until goaded by Watford and then we sang Championship your having a laugh. Drummers badly needed.

shame they werent there to drown out the pathetic flint chants and some drunken idiot shouting all sorts of nonsense, there were a few shut up's shouted from where i was stood.

The flint chant was just a few blokes having a laugh.... the point is the drum shouldn't drown out the chants it should go with them, which in A LOT of eastenders opinions it doesn't, Phil Mitchell especially.

Archived