IGNORED

Drums In Eastend?

Robin 101

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How about creating a platform somewhere within the ground for 'guest' drummers to bash out a few good rhythms on real drum kits?

If the kid below can do it surely it aint impossible to get someone/guests in on a match by match basis,,, the enthusiastic 'bashers' we already have can join in and we BCFC Ashton Gate could become famous for it....  

Nothing wrong with a bit of creative crowd participation for creating a special bit of unique atmosphere...

The six year old below does a pretty decent job with the appropriate Paradise City... (specially around 4mins in) ... there must be some decent drummers here abouts who could do a decent job with familiar City related tunes... I reckon they'd be queuing up to have a bash along with an Ashton Gate crowd.

Lets do something 'special'... a bit ot scaffolding & a platform & mic wouldn't break the bank.  C O Y R's !!!

http://youtu.be/sIBZrX5eoI8 

We could see if we could get the Gorilla from the cadburys advert   :thumbsup:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHtEyDrD4oA

In all fairness the drummers only drun in songs with a beat what sounds good.heres a few

With drums..

Forza eastenders

If u are a rovers fan surrend..

Red army

Cider drinker on chorus

Come on city come on city..2 bangs

Duh duh duh duh duh duh city

by far the greatest team the world.only 2 bangs when needed.

Songs what he doesnt drum at all,they don't need them..

Drink up the cider

Come on you reds

hark now hear

if your standing on a corner..

my old man said be a rovers..

We are the eastend Ashton gate

i see him and he sees me..

red flag flying high

city til i die

build a bonfire

you are my city my only city

doobie doobie doo

give me a c..i..t...y

eastend eastend bounce around

Jet wil tear you apart

One team in bristol

whos that team they call the rovers..

i know there are a few more bu there are plenty of songs to sing without drums which sound great,not that many what sounds good with drums but they do stick to them and leave an awful lot alone,so don't really see what they are doing wrong.

I'm fairly confident from your posting history that you are the drummer

Each to his/her/their own i.m.o.

Really does it matter, same goes for sitting, standing, flags, singing fast/slow etc,etc, whatever happened to freedom of choice and enjoying the game however you want to.

Just because banging drums fast, slow, all the time, none of the time dosen`t float some fans boats dosent mean we should stop their enjoyment of doing so. :dunno:

Each to his/her/their own i.m.o. ... As long as it does not spoil day for others fans. The drums at present are clearly not welcomed by many.

I strongly suspect that if a poll was done in the stand, the result in one block would show a huge majority would favour the drum being moved.

This here argument about just doing what you want, and to hell with the consequences to everyone else, seems flawed.

For example, I'm thinking of dressing a load of apes in City clobber and have them swing all over the inner EE roof, whilst simultaniously shitting on everyones heads as a symbol of my support for the team. Anyone object?

Secondly, surely back in the day, the majorety view would have just kicked the shit out of some minorety upstarts. Sounds like we need a return to that tradition.

To make the poll meaningful we need to know where those who have voted sit / stand. I don't mind the drummers but that's because I sit in the Dolman. However, if I was stood next to them it would be a definite "no".

This here argument about just doing what you want, and to hell with the consequences to everyone else, seems flawed.

For example, I'm thinking of dressing a load of apes in City clobber and have them swing all over the inner EE roof, whilst simultaniously shitting on everyones heads as a symbol of my support for the team. Anyone object?

Secondly, surely back in the day, the majorety view would have just kicked the shit out of some minorety upstarts. Sounds like we need a return to that tradition.

Would these be the same monkeys who earlier in the season were on our backs ?

If it's the same ones they can all do one !

Little bastards.

As from the drummers most recent post it would seem he's enjoying the attention.

I'd be more than happy to have a conversation with the drummers but as you can see by this and the other thread, nothing changes it will just be ignored and the same cringeworthy and embarrassing drumming will continue, what a shame.

My GOD! Some people on here were complaining a couple of months ago that there was no atmosphere in the EE or the ground for that matter, these people have taken it on there own backs to do something about it! 

If you want to go back to last year where the 'Netters' and 'Oldies' sang at different paces with different songs at the same time then yes get rid of the drummers! 

Credit to the drummers, I, at least think your doing a good job. 

My GOD! Some people on here were complaining a couple of months ago that there was no atmosphere in the EE or the ground for that matter, these people have taken it on there own backs to do something about it!

If you want to go back to last year where the 'Netters' and 'Oldies' sang at different paces with different songs at the same time then yes get rid of the drummers!

Credit to the drummers, I, at least think your doing a good job.

Not sure if you have your subcultures mixed up there. Anybody who does have, and he does have a negative impact on others should be heeding the advice provided. His attitude on here earns little credit at all.

Not sure if you have your subcultures mixed up there. Anybody who does have, and he does have a negative impact on others should be heeding the advice provided. His attitude on here earns little credit at all.

Its the old catch 22, you're not going to be able to please everyone. Just because it offends or has a negative impact on some doesn't mean that it doesn't have the opposite affect on others. 

Its the old catch 22, you're not going to be able to please everyone. Just because it offends or has a negative impact on some doesn't mean that it doesn't have the opposite affect on others.

According to Notterzx everybody loves what he does. He has been found out, the informed will know it is not even close to pleasing the minority. If you spoil the day of others you change what you do. He is spoiling the day of others and that is no catch 22. He can move somewhere else instead.

According to Notterzx everybody loves what he does. He has been found out, the informed will know it is not even close to pleasing the minority. If you spoil the day of others you change what you do. He is spoiling the day of others and that is no catch 22. He can move somewhere else instead.

It is a catch 22 as others actually enjoy it. He can move where he wants.

Archived