IGNORED

Boro Looking At Jet

Hartcliffe red

Has 18 months left on contract, we did a player swop, and we learnt from Maynard and Albert I think that sometimes you have to take the offer when it is there. Maybe with add ons might get to 1.5M but for a L1 club in the bottom 4, that is huge money. 

Every other "little" club seems to get mega millions for some numpty who's scored a few goals, but not us ?

When I first saw this I thought surely not, Jet wouldn't like Middlesborough, would he??? Then I remembered he did go to Doncaster !

Seriously, I hope we can hang on for a good price, everybody else seems to as mentioned above.

Well JET has had a chance with Ipswich, it did not work out as such, so that will set a parameter for him, a limitation as such. Of course I hope it is millions, but I cannot see Boro spending that big, more like Albert money. They are not a Prem club anymore. To get big money it needs to be a to flight club that comes calling. I cannot see a Championship club spending much over a million , unless they have just sold big to the Prem. I hope I am wrong of course. 

We spent 2.25 million on Maynard....

If someone is to bid for JET i'd like to think our price tag is at least 2 million. Anything less then we might as well just hold on to him. He will be the difference on whether we stay up or go down...

If he wants to go, he will go. Sad but true. Pointless quoting contract length or whatever as it doesn't matter. No club wants to keep a player that doesn't want to be there, if there are sensible offers on the table.

Hopefully JET realises that we plucked him from another season of being overlooked at Ipswich. Also he's the first name on the teamsheet here, and that seems to suit him. Would he be at Boro? Doubtful, especially if he doesn't get off to a good start. At this level, I feel you can afford to carry a luxury player such as JET a bit more (when he isn't feeling like tracking back etc.) than you can in the Championship, it's clear his work rate was the issue with Big Mick.

Not a dig at JET by the way, for as long as he keeps doing what he's been doing here, he'd be the first name on my teamsheet too!

A tweet from another one of those agents 'ITK'  :chant6ez: ? Urghhhhhhh.  :grr:

Middlesbrough have approached Bristol City over the signing of forward Jay Emmanuel-Thomas. #Boro #BristolCity

'ITK' as in In The Know(le)?! I've been In The Knowle and there wasn't much in the way of transfer truth, to be honest. I love The Knowle. Cheese!

Well JET has had a chance with Ipswich, it did not work out as such, so that will set a parameter for him, a limitation as such. Of course I hope it is millions, but I cannot see Boro spending that big, more like Albert money. They are not a Prem club anymore. To get big money it needs to be a to flight club that comes calling. I cannot see a Championship club spending much over a million , unless they have just sold big to the Prem. I hope I am wrong of course. 

Well, IF they don't think he can do it further up, don't bid, that's my thoughts .

No  I see what you mean those 18 goals and the fact he set most of the others up wouldn't be missed at all.

Football isn't as simple as that. What if we invested in another quality defensive midfielder to protect the back 4, a better keeper and a better version of Baldock along with Barnett. All plausible and could make us just as good a team without JET if not better...

I want to keep him because I love watching him play but there will be "life after JET".

why the f''' would emnes want to come here!

that performance4 city was dia ****** bolical last night. jets great but if he squanders the ball like that in the champs he be playin downs football in no time . david noble marvin brown , jcr ffs . 

how the f??? has middlesbro and sunderland got a club that uses bristol as a selling club fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Football isn't as simple as that. What if we invested in another quality defensive midfielder to protect the back 4, a better keeper and a better version of Baldock along with Barnett. All plausible and could make us just as good a team without JET if not better...

I want to keep him because I love watching him play but there will be "life after JET".

The part that isn't simple is replacing 2 strikers who have scored 30 goals between them in a struggling team and expecting them to hit the ground running especially with the added pressure of the relegation battle that we've left in.

As an aside weren't we meant to have been looking at Curtis Main at some point.

The part that isn't simple is replacing 2 strikers who have scored 30 goals between them in a struggling team and expecting them to hit the ground running especially with the added pressure of the relegation battle that we've left in.

As an aside weren't we meant to have been looking at Curtis Main at some point.

If we get relegated Baldock and JETs goals will count for the square root of **** all. Same as 99 when Akinbiyi filled his boots.

As a team it still ain't working.

Archived