IGNORED

Boro Looking At Jet

Hartcliffe red

way i see it is this.if we suddenly do a man c and start thumping 5 or 6 goals in on a regular basis with 4 or 5 regulars on the scoresheet then we could afford to sell. cotts knows we are about as creative as a 2 piece jigsaw in general without jets contribution,

he is our 1 spark we cant afford to lose right now

Lets get this right - some of us actually think selling JET at the moment is a good idea??

Really?

yes it is, invest the money in two strikers that "run around a lot", forget jet and all the goals and assists and that without them we would be relegated already,  the fact he scares the opposition to death  and he has been one of the only things worth watching in the first half of this season, none of that matters, we need more players that "put a full shift in" and couldnt hit a cows ass with a banjo, that my son is the future, cash in i say and wave goodbye to league one.

And here within lies one of the problems of English football and to a certain extent its fans too. A player can charge around and contribute absolute nothing to the game through intelligence or technique and get by on luck and the fact that if you do it often enough fans appreciate your effort and when you do make a tackle you look an excellent player.

If a player is not doing this however he's seen as lazy and workshy and not doing enough for the team and when he does do something through sheer brilliance and talent (which is in essence why he's on the pitch) he gets labelled as a "hot or cold" player or fans say that's all he does all game as he doesn't charge around like a headless chicken or doesn't make sliding tackles etc.

We need these types of players on the pitch however in order to actually score goals and create those chances through intelligent play and moments of magic.

That's why we need JET in the team regardless of his work rate. The moments of magic and intelligence he posses are more important to the team than someone else's work rate.

Exactly that.  The idea that we'd be a better team without him is madness.  If we couldn't build a team that can accommodate what's probably the most gifted footballer at Ashton Gate since Dziekanowski, that'd be our failure rather than JET's fault.  Similarly I'd say his problems at Ipswich have as much to do with English football's difficulty to think outside the box and accommodate a player who's not obviously definable as a out-and-out striker, winger or midfielder than any issue on his own part.  

For what it's worth I don't actually think there's that much wrong with JET's work rate.  In fact I'd say he works harder than many strikers we've had at the club over the years and I think he tracks back more than people give him credit for.  I think the major issue is you have to go outside of a conventional 4-4-2 to get the best out of him and, whilst that might be a bit of a challenge for the manager, it's quite a nice challenge to have (and one that SC seems to be coping with so far). 

Had a few shandys but I'll try to be polite...

You my son are an absolute Imbecile you knows not a jot about the game of football or Bristol city.

So kindly **** off!!!

if you think jet is a realistic option for the future of bcfc you are the idiot mate, 

he doesnt give two %&@ts about bcfc hes just intrested in raising his own media profile

If we had a decent other option he wouldnt have played as many games this season and who knows we might have won a few more games without him losing the ball on the edge of oppositions box trying to do 15 stepovers and fall over!

if you think jet is a realistic option for the future of bcfc you are the idiot mate,

he doesnt give two %&@ts about bcfc hes just intrested in raising his own media profile

If we had a decent other option he wouldnt have played as many games this season and who knows we might have won a few more games without him losing the ball on the edge of oppositions box trying to do 15 stepovers and fall over!

Yes I'm sure we'd have won more games with 18 fewer goals and a dozen fewer assists.

I have to wonder how some people manage to breathe let alone tie their own shoelaces without a responsible adult.

Exactly that.  The idea that we'd be a better team without him is madness.  If we couldn't build a team that can accommodate what's probably the most gifted footballer at Ashton Gate since Dziekanowski, that'd be our failure rather than JET's fault.

I actually think he's far more productive for us and (whilst accepting that he plays one level down from him), a much better player than Dziekanowski, who only managed 8 league goals (all of them at home) in his entire City career.

They didn't keep assist stats then but I'd be amazed if his were as good as JET's, either.

yeah eat your pop corn and while you're chomping on that chomp on this :badmood: yeah that's right squire, your joke's like a wet Sunday.

Squire! Squire? Are you Lee Peacock? Only person I know to use the word squire.

If you are, mines a pint. Ta

I actually think he's far more productive for us and (whilst accepting that he plays one level down from him), a much better player than Dziekanowski, who only managed 8 league goals (all of them at home) in his entire City career.

They didn't keep assist stats then but I'd be amazed if his were as good as JET's, either.

Fair enough - I'm willing to believe that.  I was only 9 or 10 when Dziekanowski was playing so it's hard for me to accurately remember how good Dziekanowski was.  Certainly JET's the most gifted player I've seen for City since I was old enough to really feel I understood what I was watching...

Had a few shandys but I'll try to be polite...

You my son are an absolute Imbecile you knows not a jot about the game of football or Bristol city.

So kindly **** off!!!

Perhaps you should lay off the shandys.

Why abuse the guy? He's entitled to his opinion.

Why make such a big deal of it?

Yes I'm sure we'd have won more games with 18 fewer goals and a dozen fewer assists.

I have to wonder how some people manage to breathe let alone tie their own shoelaces without a responsible adult.

I have no idea who you've been watching but it certainly wasn't JET if you think his movement is a problem.

Honestly, this idea of laziness is absolute ******* nonsense. He covers plenty of ground and most importantly of all he's available and wants the ball pretty much all the time.

The accusation is what is lazy.

:clap:

Archived