IGNORED

Boro Looking At Jet

Hartcliffe red

Crazy to think that opinion is divided over a player who has scored 18 and made 12 goals already this season. .....

Welcome to OTIB.  You have a lot to learn :yes:   Has no-one explained the following rules?

1. All opinions must be extreme - moderate views are strictly prohibited

2. Facts and reliable data are inadmissable

3. Anyone who disagrees with you is mad, a child-abuser or, even worse, a gashead

4. When someone disagrees, simply repeat your point again and again using ever stronger language

Welcome to OTIB.  You have a lot to learn :yes:   Has no-one explained the following rules?

1. All opinions must be extreme - moderate views are strictly prohibited

2. Facts and reliable data are inadmissable

3. Anyone who disagrees with you is mad, a child-abuser or, even worse, a gashead

4. When someone disagrees, simply repeat your point again and again using ever stronger language

Mods, can you please do something about this rational, clear thinking and articulate poster.

We don't want his type on here, raising the tone ( this is not a cue for a Big Tone post either) !! 

What some seem to have forgotten/missed/willfully ignored is that players like JET are why people fall in love with football. When you're a little kid and you're taken to your first game, you come away in awe of the noise and the intensity but when it comes to what's on the pitch, it's the name of the player with flair and skill that you want to have printed on the back of your first shirt. We've had precious little in the way of entertainment in recent years, let's enjoy the entertainment we have on offer now. We've got plenty of hard-workers in our team, can we not appreciate the one tiny spark of genius we have- no matter how 'laconic' that spark appears to be?

I don't get people going on about jet's lack of effort it's upto Cotterill to notice when he's not doing his job & sub him in games he's being ineffective that's what he get s paid for, jet annoys the**** out me but i certainly wouldn't want to lose the player that has got us so many goals & assists that just stupid but I must say I've noticed a lot stupidity from some since I joined on here, some people just enjoy being negative a guess.

I'm not so sure about the stay up bit, as I believe we will stay up regardless. However you are not alone about your thoughts around JET, a view shared by our manager and most of his previous managers. Nice bloke, spectacular goal scorer but terribly inconsistent. Yep scores goals but all to often goes AWOL during long periods. Everyone keeps saying " do you know we are in league one"? Yes we are, that's why we need a 100% player, not a luxury like JET, we simply don't have a midfield to support his type of play. Let's keep this civil folk, we all have opinion , goal scorers make for entertainment and exciting matches, yah, but a busy hustling in your face team win more games, not draws, wins...3 points! Believe me I have loads of family and friends that share this view, so go junior is not alone. 1 million would be a great deal for us.

I agree we will stay up but how anyone can claim we would be a better off without him is beyond me. His quality and vision are not usually found in our league and even when he is having an 'off day' he still generally creates a chance or scores. Against Stevenage I had a bloke behind me moaning about his apparent lack of effort and performance calling him all the names under the sun to which I turned around and and said 2 goals and an assist wish all out players played that sh*t to which he didn't have an answer. Without JET that day 3 points would of been 1.

One of the worst strike partnerships I've seen down the gate in recent memory was stead and Ryan Taylor on the couple of occasions they played together. Both work their socks off and hustle defenders but we had zero goal threat.

Creating and taking chances are crucial to winning games and JET is the best player we have and I'd argue in the league for doing both of them. Teams can be solid and hustle whilst having one player roaming, look at QPR when they where promoted to the prem as champions hard working team who let taarabt do his own thing , whilst they would of been up there or there abouts without him, he IMO was the difference between them being a play off team and finishing champions. Different situation I know but it proves it can be done.

A million would not be enough to buy anyone with anywhere near his talent to replace him and we would IMO become a team which would struggle to break teams down. Individual mistakes at the back are what have cost us more than anything this season, not JET being in the team who without his goals and assist we would surely be bottom.

... IMO, your opinion in the above post is suicidal unless shed-loads of money was on offer inc an attractive viable player swap to replace him (unlikely).. so stupid post (imo) .. made even more annoying by that tired old 'drive him there myselt' quip, am I the only one who f 'ing hates that bloody phrase popping up during every transfer window?? :argh:

I agree and imagine how awkward the four hour journey to Boro would be with JET knowing that you are driving him there yourself because you don't like him! The phrase doesn't really stack up when you think about.

Its quite simple

Jet goes we get one or maybe two others with the cash plus barnett we have decent options and do not have a player that thinks hes the next Pele,

Hes not cotts man 

he will be sold either now or at end of season,

Just change the highlighted word for "I'm", and this post makes far more sense.

It's all if buts and maybes! Maybe we relegated all ready without jet! If baldock could show a little more composure! Hicks is getting his butt tampered with!

Jet is here can be a bit lazy but who cares he's goals wether he creates or scores himself!

Some of saying we'd be relegated if he wasn't here! Surely the manager would have noticed and planned tactically that he isn't in our squad!

Those saying we'd be better of without him just enjoy the ride whilst he's here!

Coyr

And world peace!

Yeah.

Its simple to get good quality players to come to a club at the bottom of the third division and in the middle of a relegation fight. But if its numbers rather than quality thats required....

What really is simple is that JET has scored 18 goals for us and directly assisted in 9 more - no amount of money spent on some headless chickens grateful to come here will compensate for that.

Unfortunately, I agree that he will go sooner rather than later - simply because he is far in advance of the current status of this club, but getting rid of him just to get money isn't or shouldn't be on the agenda. That would be stupid.

Unfortunatly it is they way forward for the club, no more turning down offers for players if its the right amount of money

Given the choice I would always prefer a Lee Peacock type of striker playing with proper wingers thats all

What some seem to have forgotten/missed/willfully ignored is that players like JET are why people fall in love with football. When you're a little kid and you're taken to your first game, you come away in awe of the noise and the intensity but when it comes to what's on the pitch, it's the name of the player with flair and skill that you want to have printed on the back of your first shirt. We've had precious little in the way of entertainment in recent years, let's enjoy the entertainment we have on offer now. We've got plenty of hard-workers in our team, can we not appreciate the one tiny spark of genius we have- no matter how 'laconic' that spark appears to be?

You are so right, as far as I am concerned, even on an 'off' day quite frankly jets like a diamond in a bucket of coal, and I for one would buy a ticket just to watch him in our side.

Can we just end this thread. After all is said and done, JET's goal and assist record speaks for itself. We will not sell to anyone unless a ridiculous offer comes in meaning we will not sell and that is all there is to know.

Over and out

Sorry to say fella, that I don't think this thread will be closed just yet.

From what I understand, Boro are definitely in for JET - it's not just a rumour.

He is.

You'd have to agree he is lazy though surely?

Depends on your definition of lazy.

Lazy goalscorer....NO

Lazy provider of goal scoring opportunities for others....NO

Gets back to defend long throws and corners....YES

The best entertainer at Ashton Gate since god knows when.....YES

I really don't remember Bob Taylor or Andy Cole or John Atyeo working their socks off to get the ball off the opposition.

I do remember them for the excitement they brought to a game....I'll remember JET as well.

He is.

You'd have to agree he is lazy though surely?

Not really

His duty is to create attacking opportunities and score goals which he does on a regular basis. He puts plenty of effort into that so I am not sure what your problem is?

JET is a striker. Its not his role to be a defensive central midfielder.

Its like complaining that Elliot Parish doesn't get down the wing enough to cross the ball in to danger areas

If Cristinao Ronaldo played for City you would probably moan that he doesn't track back enough

Not really

His duty is to create attacking opportunities and score goals which he does on a regular basis. He puts plenty of effort into that so I am not sure what your problem is?

JET is a striker. Its not his role to be a defensive central midfielder.

Its like complaining that Elliot Parish doesn't get down the wing enough to cross the ball in to danger areas

If Cristinao Ronaldo played for City you would probably moan that he doesn't track back enough

And here within lies one of the problems of English football and to a certain extent its fans too. A player can charge around and contribute absolute nothing to the game through intelligence or technique and get by on luck and the fact that if you do it often enough fans appreciate your effort and when you do make a tackle you look an excellent player.

If a player is not doing this however he's seen as lazy and workshy and not doing enough for the team and when he does do something through sheer brilliance and talent (which is in essence why he's on the pitch) he gets labelled as a "hot or cold" player or fans say that's all he does all game as he doesn't charge around like a headless chicken or doesn't make sliding tackles etc.

We need these types of players on the pitch however in order to actually score goals and create those chances through intelligent play and moments of magic.

That's why we need JET in the team regardless of his work rate. The moments of magic and intelligence he posses are more important to the team than someone else's work rate.

And here within lies one of the problems of English football and to a certain extent its fans too. A player can charge around and contribute absolute nothing to the game through intelligence or technique and get by on luck and the fact that if you do it often enough fans appreciate your effort and when you do make a tackle you look an excellent player.

If a player is not doing this however he's seen as lazy and workshy and not doing enough for the team and when he does do something through sheer brilliance and talent (which is in essence why he's on the pitch) he gets labelled as a "hot or cold" player or fans say that's all he does all game as he doesn't charge around like a headless chicken or doesn't make sliding tackles etc.

We need these types of players on the pitch however in order to actually score goals and create those chances through intelligent play and moments of magic.

That's why we need JET in the team regardless of his work rate. The moments of magic and intelligence he posses are more important to the team than someone else's work rate.

Could not agree more fella.

Until the mindset of English football changes we will never be able to advance. In this country we seem to applaud effort and work rate. Scott Parker is a great example. Runs all game, makes tackles only to give the ball away near enough every time he wins it back. This is why we are so far behind. In other countries the technically gifted players are indulged and encouraged to express themselves and make things happen. 

After all the work horses with next to no ability we have seen at the Gate in recent years I would have thought everyone would be able to appreciate JET.

In L1 he can get away with it not higher. You cannot teach his ability, but surely a bit of movement in the right areas is not beyond him. No one expects him to be a box to box midfielder or wingback (the toughest job there is) , SC said as much a few weeks ago, saying he is not waning him to track back to the back 4 , but needs him moving more to create space and opportunities. Having said that, if he did do that, he would be in the Prem and not a bottom 4 L1 club. JET , with his ability should be in the Prem, his overall game though is not good enough for that. Though he is improving, and our hope has be that he does get it, because then if he is sold, a Prem club would come in, and you are then asking proper money. I agree with others, enjoy while you can, it is players like that , who make you come to games. 

That could be an indication as to why he's at this current level in his career. I agree he needs to pull his weight for the team too, my pet peeve is when he loses the ball and he doesn't look to get onside as quick as he can and we win the ball back and can't play it to him as he's still offside.

I'm not expecting talented players just to only do their own thing and that they do need to pull their weight and do their bit for the team. I mainly meant that some people expect too much from some players, given the type of player that they are and that some fans need to look at what he does do rather than what he doesn't do. Like you said he's getting better which is nice to see, makes a change from the usual haha!

In L1 he can get away with it not higher. You cannot teach his ability, but surely a bit of movement in the right areas is not beyond him. No one expects him to be a box to box midfielder or wingback (the toughest job there is) , SC said as much a few weeks ago, saying he is not waning him to track back to the back 4 , but needs him moving more to create space and opportunities. Having said that, if he did do that, he would be in the Prem and not a bottom 4 L1 club. JET , with his ability should be in the Prem, his overall game though is not good enough for that. Though he is improving, and our hope has be that he does get it, because then if he is sold, a Prem club would come in, and you are then asking proper money. I agree with others, enjoy while you can, it is players like that , who make you come to games.

I have no idea who you've been watching but it certainly wasn't JET if you think his movement is a problem.

Honestly, this idea of laziness is absolute ******* nonsense. He covers plenty of ground and most importantly of all he's available and wants the ball pretty much all the time.

The accusation is what is lazy.

Its quite simple

Jet goes we get one or maybe two others with the cash plus barnett we have decent options and do not have a player that thinks hes the next Pele,

Hes not cotts man

he will be sold either now or at end of season,

Had a few shandys but I'll try to be polite...

You my son are an absolute Imbecile you knows not a jot about the game of football or Bristol city.

So kindly **** off!!!

Archived