IGNORED

Boro Looking At Jet

Hartcliffe red

The JET can't do anything wrong brigade really need to have a serious think about it, yes at times he is amazing to watch but he doesnt track back and gives the ball away far too much,cotterill has said it himself and thats why he is looking at bringing in more forwards.

JET needs to go if we wanna stay up

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

The JET can't do anything wrong brigade really need to have a serious think about it, yes at times he is amazing to watch but he doesnt track back and gives the ball away far too much,cotterill has said it himself and thats why he is looking at bringing in more forwards.

You had half a point before that sentence. Cotteril has said 'Jet is good when he runs around'. So clearly thinks if he had more of a work ethic it would improve his game. But to say he needs to go if we want to stay up, when he has 18 goals and about 12 assists (if not more) this season, is quite frankly, sheeps gonads.

All players have their faults, including both JET and another player getting berated at the minute by some is Sam Baldock. No players are perfect and some will always feel they should be better, with JET it's his work rate and some feel Sam Baldock should score every one on one he ever does. All fair comments. 

However for those that want them to leave all you have to do is ask one simple question. Where would we be without them?

If we didn't have JET, we wouldn't of had those pieces of magic he can produce and could of been out of the FA Cup and JPT even earlier than we were, the same applies to the league, we would have far less points in the league without him.

All players have their price and if a bid meets his valuation I'd be disappointed to see him go but would trust SC to invest it wisely.

If we get relegated Baldock and JETs goals will count for the square root of **** all. Same as 99 when Akinbiyi filled his boots.

As a team it still ain't working.

I'm sure 99 was a very different kettle of fish, I went to nearly every game that season. And a lack of effort was never something I would accuse that team of.

Thing is jet can be frustrating but this is only when we under the cop and not attacking . But for when we are attacking he is great and has become much more of rteam player as the season has worn on . If he did track back 1. He woyldnt always be able to get into pockets of space he finds 2. Would already be signed by a top champ team .

I don't see Jet moving on having now settled in the team unless he knows the manager he signs for and knows he won't get thrown out the wing e.g McCarthy.

Dear God :facepalm:

When he puts his mind to it he is unplayable, when he doesn't........... umm... errr.. well........

But as was stated by Kit on another thread, now we have the luxury of a decent defence (hopefully even more decent with the addition of El Abd), his lapses are not the issue they were at the beginning of the season.

Anyway, I pay my ticket money to be entertained and sure as eggs, that is what he does!

Al together now "he's only a poor little Gashead his face....."

At least I hope he is, if not completely bizarre.

Thing is with JET, the keyboard warriors (of which I guess I am one in the digital age) are simply divided re JET.  Some say

• sell him if the price is right and improve the team :clapping:
  • the other half (perhaps) say that is madness and no way, we would be worse off and almost the end of the world! :facepalm:

I have seen the wonder of Jet, I have also seen a poor jet.  At Watford he had one of his less impressive games, but still threaded through that sublime pass that Baldock should have buried. 

What will be will be, EVERY player has his price. No matter who you play for.    IF that price is met cheerio  You would ask how much is he worth and everyone would have perhaps a different valuation. 

Sell the price is right, goodbye and good luck !  (On that point has Albert set the championship alight ???  Would the same be said for JET if he left.  Only time will tell)

I would sell JET asap and even drive him there myself, use the money to buy a decent goal scorer who works for the team

Right....any suggestions as to what other 'decent' strikers we can get in that have more than 18 goals and 12 assists? Not to mention probably being involved in almost every goal or good move we have created?

You do realise we are in LEAGUE ONE! LEAGUE ONE!! 

Sam Baldock works for the team but misses a lot of chances. John Stead worked for the team and played every game as if it was his last but didn't score enough. You do realise that having a luxury or creative player is what makes a good team? It's all part of building a team and every player contributes differently.

I honestly can't believe any true City fan wouldn't want to see JET stay as long as possible. Have you not noticed that we haven't been an effective team for a very long time now? Why not try and enjoy JET's individual brilliance. If he was the finished article he wouldn't be in league one would he?

You're either on a wind up or crystal meth.

Because if not I hate to tell you but your opinion on this is total horse shit and you should probably just resign yourself to never understanding football and instead enjoying the pretty colours the big men on the green park wear along with the taste of crayons.

Just saying.

Crazy to think that opinion is divided over a player who has scored 18 and made 12 goals already this season.

You can't argue with the stats but I bet at least once a game this season I've seen Jet play a ball wide and not get into the box for a tap in return, he can be frustrating to watch perhaps because he has obviously got bags of talent.

The biggest failure for me though is SODs inability to develop a plan B for the times when Jet wasn't winning games on his own which put too much emphasis on his individual performance, not really Jet's fault.

What if his sale paid for El Abd, Freeman and another striker.

No easy answers I guess.

I would sell JET asap and even drive him there myself, use the money to buy a decent goal scorer who works for the team

I've read some c**p on here over the years but this must take the prize!

It might have escaped your notice, but the guy is the top scorer in our league!

And provides the assists for the majority of our other goals.

I'm not so sure about the stay up bit, as I believe we will stay up regardless. However you are not alone about your thoughts around JET, a view shared by our manager and most of his previous managers. Nice bloke, spectacular goal scorer but terribly inconsistent. Yep scores goals but all to often goes AWOL during long periods. Everyone keeps saying " do you know we are in league one"? Yes we are, that's why we need a 100% player, not a luxury like JET, we simply don't have a midfield to support his type of play. Let's keep this civil folk, we all have opinion , goal scorers make for entertainment and exciting matches, yah, but a busy hustling in your face team win more games, not draws, wins...3 points! Believe me I have loads of family and friends that share this view, so go junior is not alone. 1 million would be a great deal for us.

Every opposition fan I have spoken to on my travels including the games where JET has been perceived to of had a bad game by us have all said he looked the best player on the pitch. It seems to me some OTIB posters just can't go a day without trying to find a scape goat for something.

They expect him to work like Yaya Toure, Pass like Scholes and defend like Kompany, His shootings alright so that doesn't need to change.

I'm not so sure about the stay up bit, as I believe we will stay up regardless. However you are not alone about your thoughts around JET, a view shared by our manager and most of his previous managers. Nice bloke, spectacular goal scorer but terribly inconsistent. Yep scores goals but all to often goes AWOL during long periods. Everyone keeps saying " do you know we are in league one"? Yes we are, that's why we need a 100% player, not a luxury like JET, we simply don't have a midfield to support his type of play. Let's keep this civil folk, we all have opinion , goal scorers make for entertainment and exciting matches, yah, but a busy hustling in your face team win more games, not draws, wins...3 points! Believe me I have loads of family and friends that share this view, so go junior is not alone. 1 million would be a great deal for us.

I appreciate your view as I was saying similar before the Stevenage game, and look what happened! Jet is an enigma, but more often than not he sets up a chance, a goal or scores himself. For someone to say he needs to go or we will be relegated is absolute rubbish.

Interesting article on the beeb website recently: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/25680571 (don't be fooled by the cricket bit) suggesting that this is a view held only in England and we should embrace "mavericks" rather than be suspicious of their perceived lack of effort.

My favourite bit of the piece is "Platini recognised the character in his kindred spirit, proclaiming that Hoddle would have won 150 international caps had he been born French. Hoddle ended up with 53 and was usually played out of position."

How anyone can say that JET should be dropped is beyond me. In one breathe people criticise the lack of a spark in our midfield and in the next suggest that we drop our top goalscorer for someone who tracks back! Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just can't see the logic myself. 

I've not read all of this thread but - for those against JET, I can honestly say I've not seen a more skillful player play for City in my time and I really enjoy watching him so from a selfish view, I want him to stay. And considering we are at the bottom of the third division I think we all deserve, and are lucky to have, some entertainment after a few dire seasons and should consider ourselves lucky in that respect.

In terms of those who say he doesnt work hard enough etc...what exactly do you expect for a club at the bottom of the third tier? We could have someone like Ryan Taylor or Jon Stead who might score 8-10 season and work their socks off and create for others partnered with Baldock. Strikers like that would defo work harder, but would they score 18 and create 8 or 9 more at this stage of the season...for a team near the bottom of the league, I dont believe so. If somebody can present a realistic alternative I will be surprised, including the fact that JET has cost us very little financially. 5

Archived