IGNORED

4 Wins Out Of 25 Games

where's the joy

Didn't we do that against Orient ?

No. People talk about orient like it was some kind of footballing master class. It wasn't.

SC has turned things around massively, we did really well offensively today, still need to keep it tighter at the back BUT id rather us have a go like today than the 1 shot games SOD served up.

No. People talk about orient like it was some kind of footballing master class. It wasn't.

SC has turned things around massively, we did really well offensively today, still need to keep it tighter at the back BUT id rather us have a go like today than the 1 shot games SOD served up.

We scored 2 against Orient. Difficult to do that with one shot.

You just keep telling yourself that buddy...the honeymoon is over.

We scored 2 against Orient. Difficult to do that with one shot.

Don't be pedantic I wasn't talking specifically about the orient game. People rave about that game like it was some kind of holy grail if footballing nirvana. We didn't even win the ******* game.

I defy anyone to say the quality of football has declined under SC

Don't be pedantic I wasn't talking specifically about the orient game. People rave about that game like it was some kind of holy grail if footballing nirvana. We didn't even win the ******* game.

I defy anyone to say the quality of football has declined under SC

Indeed. And I wouldn't. Whether it's improved is another question.

For my money, Cotterill will do better in the long run because more attacking football means more wins, more defeats and fewer draws. With three for a win that means more points.

Obvious, I know, but O'Driscoll didn't seem to have sussed it.

Indeed. And I wouldn't. Whether it's improved is another question.

For my money, Cotterill will do better in the long run because more attacking football means more wins, more defeats and fewer draws. With three for a win that means more points.

Obvious, I know, but O'Driscoll didn't seem to have sussed it.

Agreed on SOD. The football is better though, defibately

I said coming out today that under O'Driscoll I could have seen us going on to lose by 3 or 4.

We seem to have a real resilience about us now that we haven't had for a long time, not rolling over and having our tummys tickled.

It's still defensive naivety costing us points though. Flint got sold up the river by a shoulder drop/dummy so many times today, their second goal was about as poor defending as you'll ever see. And that free header in the first half was appalling.

I thought the quality of football today was pretty much identical to the away game at MK Dons earlier in the season.

It's nowhere near as simple as 'boring under SOD, more exciting under SC'. We had some equally exciting games earlier this season under SOD - problem was we were shipping goals as fast as we were scoring them.

We're back in that position again now. We now need to stop conceding soft goals like the ones we did today. We managed that during Oct/Nov under SOD, but at the expense of our attacking flair. Hence the boring. low scoring games - but we did still win some.

The test for SC now is whether he can stop goals against, whilst maintaining the attacking flair. I really hope he can, but we need to start doing it soon.

I thought the quality of football today was pretty much identical to the away game at MK Dons earlier in the season.

It's nowhere near as simple as 'boring under SOD, more exciting under SC'. We had some equally exciting games earlier this season under SOD - problem was we were shipping goals as fast as we were scoring them.

We're back in that position again now. We now need to stop conceding soft goals like the ones we did today. We managed that during Oct/Nov under SOD, but at the expense of our attacking flair. Hence the boring. low scoring games - but we did still win some.

The test for SC now is whether he can stop goals against, whilst maintaining the attacking flair. I really hope he can, but we need to start doing it soon.

Fair post.

I said coming out today that under O'Driscoll I could have seen us going on to lose by 3 or 4.

We seem to have a real resilience about us now that we haven't had for a long time, not rolling over and having our tummys tickled.

It's still defensive naivety costing us points though. Flint got sold up the river by a shoulder drop/dummy so many times today, their second goal was about as poor defending as you'll ever see. And that free header in the first half was appalling.

In what games did we do that under SOD?

On what evidence?? Say what you like about SOD, but we didn't lose heavily under him. Only once this season did we lose by more than a single goal - and similar last season until the last two games when we were already down.

On what evidence?? Say what you like about SOD, but we didn't lose heavily under him. Only once this season did we lose by more than a single goal - and similar last season until the last two games when we were already down.

How many times did we come back from a half time defeat to get something out of a game under SOD?

Genuinely curious, I don't have the stats to hand. We look a lot more resilient under Cotterill. Under SOD when we went 1 down it always felt like we'd lose. Even at HT I was cautiously optimistic that we'd get something out of the game.

How many times did we come back from a half time defeat to get something out of a game under SOD?

Genuinely curious, I don't have the stats to hand. We look a lot more resilient under Cotterill. Under SOD when we went 1 down it always felt like we'd lose. Even at HT I was cautiously optimistic that we'd get something out of the game.

Colchester, Shrewsbury and Gillingham we came back from 1 down to get something. And Carlisle we won.

We didn't, people just hated the guy so feel the need to blow things out of proportion to suit their bias, as mentioned against Orient we came back twice from behind (against the top team) and went in losing 3-0 at half time against Coventry to pull things back before losing 5-4 (i think coventry scoring the winner in the last few minutes).

People should just not invest their egos much in managers - SC will be gone sooner or later, just like SOD, McInnes, Millen, Johnson etc... so its best to back them, hope they do well, and enjoy the ride - investing your ego so you have to big up or slate a manager is just a waste of emotional time.

A point at home... well better than losing, just feel we could have gotten the win - but that's been the story all season, still fill only Peterborough looked a much better team than us.

The team still have their heads up which is good, just a tough few games coming up - you can't help but think any points from them is a bonus. Another season fighting relegation is not what we wanted. But lets hope we can stay up and Cott's can push us onto the other end of the table next season.

Can only think Crewe, Brentford and Sheff where we only had one shot on target - it's not like it was a common theme - 

I didn't say we did, but going in 2-0 down at half time, I'm positive we wouldn't have got anything out of the game under SOD. The difference between our attitude and drive even when behind in a game now, compared to the SOD days, is black and white. And for what it's worth I was very much in the "give SOD more time" camp and was not pleased about the appointment of Cotts. But it doesn't stop me calling it as I see it now, humble pie or not.

As SL himself said....the man brought a doom and gloom atmos to AG..... and I glad we are rid......at least we are now being competitive in games,,,regardless of opposition...... I for one am enjoying going to football again and feel confident we can do enough to finish above 3 teams in this league....then its a case of come on SC show us what can be done

As SL himself said....the man brought a doom and gloom atmos to AG..... and I glad we are rid......at least we are now being competitive in games,,,regardless of opposition...... I for one am enjoying going to football again and feel confident we can do enough to finish above 3 teams in this league....then its a case of come on SC show us what can be done

We were always competitive in games this season. Only in the Peterborough game did we lose by more than 1 and a lot of games were draws that we could have won.

Archived