IGNORED

4 Wins Out Of 25 Games

where's the joy

You just keep telling yourself that buddy...the honeymoon is over.

We should have been at least 3-0 up in 10 minutes, creating 5 great chances.

MK Dons had 2 chances and scored both with excellent finishes.

We were 2-0 down and fought back to 2-2 against a top 8 side.

What more can SC do in your opinion?

Ah yes I remember it well.

Remind me how many of those oh so flukey games you attended?

What has someone attending from sweden got to do with his statement.

Yep it was a one off season and we didn't progress. Can't see much wrong with that statement. We were flukey but made our own luck with the hard graft. Once the hard graft stops working you end up where we are now. No money spent on any real quality and too long persevering with grafters has not paid off long term.

We had our chance to progress we didn't, we stagnated and went backwards to where we are now.

I very much doubt his few long trips from Sweden caused us to drop to this level. In fact the distance and money spent watching city should be applauded not sneered at.

What has someone attending from sweden got to do with his statement.

Yep it was a one off season and we didn't progress. Can't see much wrong with that statement.

We had oyr chance to progress we didn't, we stagnated and went backwards to where we are now.

I very much doubt his few long trips from Sweden caused us to drop to this level. In fact the distance and money spent watching city should be applauded not sneered at.

Ok thanks for the random input.

My question was how can someone in a foreign country, assuming he didnt attend many games, say we got to Wembley via fluke?!

The only way were gonna stop conceding goals of with 2 solid midfielders... It's not always the defences thought. Priority signings for me are a tough tackling midfielder who can organise and do the donkey work. Too lightweight today 3 decent footballers but no one to break up play I'm not saying he's the answer but 2 of today's 3 plus Marv looks more solid.... Pack for Marv for me until we can get someone else in and Williams back in for Flint that's my strongest 11.

Nothing. I'm sure he's performing to his full capabilities. But let's not purport this myth that somehow his reign so far has been spectacularly better than SODs beginning or end - it hasn't.

And as the man chosen by the board to improve things, so far he hasn't done that so questions should rightfully be asked of them.

Ok thanks for the random input.

My question was how can someone in a foreign country, assuming he didnt attend many games, say we got to Wembley via fluke?!

Then ask that question. Trying for the sarcasm route "remind me how many....."

Because he hasn't attended many games doesn't mean he doesn't know what is going on. And as someone who went to every home game and 15 away games I'd say he got it spit on. We got out played in many games got a lead and held on. Yes the luck was earned theough hard work if that hard work had continued and added to would we be where we are now? No. So it was a one off season, one off you can put down to luck fluke. Consistent improvement you can put down to hard work and tge right investment.

I see no reason to ask the question you did. The facts and footage is out there for all to see.

Sorry the sneering question is a button you pressed :) I'll keep my nose out in future

Nothing. I'm sure he's performing to his full capabilities. But let's not purport this myth that somehow his reign so far has been spectacularly better than SODs beginning or end - it hasn't.

And as the man chosen by the board to improve things, so far he hasn't done that so questions should rightfully be asked of them.

Your posts get worse by the day :laugh: You obviously don't go to games if you don't see an improvement on the pitch, and even off it

We should have been at least 3-0 up in 10 minutes, creating 5 great chances.

MK Dons had 2 chances and scored both with excellent finishes.

We were 2-0 down and fought back to 2-2 against a top 8 side.

Well, he could have won. Only joking!

The point is that no-one has had a go at SC in this thread - you just seem to be interpreting some people suggesting that SOD wasn't all bad as somehow implying that SC is.

And that's the problem. The first post isn't pointing the finger at anyone - just observing that we have a pretty poor record under all our last 4 manager. The second post then says that we showed some resilience today (fair point) unlike under SOD: why the need for that last bit?? And then silly remarks like 'we would have crumbled under SOD today' which is not only unnecessary, it's pure speculation, and it isn't based on any evidence that we ever crumbled under SOD. Why not just say it was good that we didn't crumble today but had the resiliance to fight back??

I just don't understand the need to justify a comment/view in support of SC by making a negative comment/view about SOD. And vice versa. They both have to grapple with the same problems: currently, how do you stop shipping silly goals without losing our effectiveness going forward. They've both done, or are doing, what they believe is right for BCFC. They will do things differently, some things will come off better, some worse, and luck has a hell of a lot to do with it. Neither is perfect, neither is the messiah. We'll have good games under both (and we did have some good performances under SOD) and we'll have some bad games under both.

The SOD era isn't over: what he did at the club still has a massive impact, and SC is building on that and trying to carry on what SOD was doing, ie get us up the table and build a successful team.

As SL himself said....the man brought a doom and gloom atmos to AG..... and I glad we are rid......at least we are now being competitive in games,,,regardless of opposition...... I for one am enjoying going to football again and feel confident we can do enough to finish above 3 teams in this league....then its a case of come on SC show us what can be done

Hope so, but we need to finish above 4. Call me Mr Pedant, if you wish. :fingerscrossed:

Colchester, Shrewsbury and Gillingham we came back from 1 down to get something. And Carlisle we won.

Woohoo! A win!

Yeah life was awesome under him wasn't it?

The football was great and the atmosphere was dynamic!

He was a miserable idiot who brought us drab crap football and I am thrilled he's gone.

We had one fluke season in the Championship and since then it has been going backwards. If anyone should be hanged it's Johnson & the board.  

I dont think it can be called a fluke....

We genuinley had teams not knowing how to break us down (except Ipswich!) mainly due to a midfield and defence that were willing to battle and throw themselves in font of everything ( btw a midfield and defence that contained the much maligned LJ and LF....oh my how rubbish they must have been) and that great footballing quality "Bouncebackability" every time we lost we came back with a result and another little run.....  

That team had no stars as such.....LT was well known I guess but even he knuckled down fairly quickly to the team ethic... it was off field errors (wrong jan signings and change in tactics when we got close to end of season and panicked) that cost us the momentum and the major prize... .

Woohoo! A win!

Yeah life was awesome under him wasn't it?

The football was great and the atmosphere was dynamic!

He was a miserable idiot who brought us drab crap football and I am thrilled hTe's gone.

This isn't about how 'awesome' things were but it was said we never come back under him which wasn't true.

The only way were gonna stop conceding goals of with 2 solid midfielders... It's not always the defences thought. Priority signings for me are a tough tackling midfielder who can organise and do the donkey work. Too lightweight today 3 decent footballers but no one to break up play I'm not saying he's the answer but 2 of today's 3 plus Marv looks more solid.... Pack for Marv for me until we can get someone else in and Williams back in for Flint that's my strongest 11.

We have a decent tough tackling midfielder the trouble is he's been out this season, I suspect Gillet was retained until Kelly is back. He would love snapping at the heals of players in this division.

This isn't about how 'awesome' things were but it was said we never come back under him which wasn't true.

When we used to go behind under him, i normally would walk out early.

Granted i once missed Marlon Harewood (awesome signing) pull one back but we usually lost.

God, those days under him were bad.

I think we are crying out for a midfielder who can dictate a game and stop the opposition playing. I hope Kelly can be that man when he returns, but we lack bite in the middle. El Abd is a good signing at the back, but feel we need another leader in the middle of the pitch.

I didn't want Cotterill in charge, and was split on O'Driscoll's sacking. All I can say is I feel more confident we can survive than I was before SO'D lost his job. Cotterill seems to have instilled more spirit and fight in the team - we are still flawed, but I think we will have enough to survive and pull clear this season. We are digging out results, but we have got to turns some of these draws into wins.

Fully behind the new manager, even though he wasn't my choice. I suggest we drop the anti-SOD / pro-SOD crap - he's gone, let's support the man in charge now. COYR.

So you missed the games v Bradford, Gills, Coventry, Wolves, MK Dons, Palace, Gas, Shrewsbury, Saints, P Vale, Carlisle, Crawley and Orient then??

Did well for us didnt he?

Took us down and then down into the relegation zone of L1.

Great manager. Even Lansdown said he had everyone on a downer.

You manage to criticise the guy in about 99% of my posts despite the fact hes improved our football, improved the atmosphere and genuinely created a team that fights back.

You do seem to dislike him and not want him to do well.

Archived