IGNORED

4 Wins Out Of 25 Games

where's the joy

Nothing. I'm sure he's performing to his full capabilities. But let's not purport this myth that somehow his reign so far has been spectacularly better than SODs beginning or end - it hasn't.

And as the man chosen by the board to improve things, so far he hasn't done that so questions should rightfully be asked of them.

18 games - 15 points.

6 games - 9 points.

The only way were gonna stop conceding goals of with 2 solid midfielders... It's not always the defences thought. Priority signings for me are a tough tackling midfielder who can organise and do the donkey work. Too lightweight today 3 decent footballers but no one to break up play I'm not saying he's the answer but 2 of today's 3 plus Marv looks more solid.... Pack for Marv for me until we can get someone else in and Williams back in for Flint that's my strongest 11.

Wouldn't disagree with that at the moment.

the point i was trying to make in my first post was that we have been unable to defend our goal for years now.

you can't win games if you keep conceding 2 goals each match.

SC has made some good clear cut quick decisions about the squad and is to be commended for raising spirits

BUT we have to be much tighter in defence and i wish SC every success in solving our biggest problem.

we haven't been 'tight' at the back since Cisse

Ok thanks for the random input.

My question was how can someone in a foreign country, assuming he didnt attend many games, say we got to Wembley via fluke?!

We did though let's be fair! The amount of luck we had that season was bordering on the hilarious.

Still my best ever memories of supporting the club though! Makes it even harder to swallow facing up to how far we've fallen though

the point i was trying to make in my first post was that we have been unable to defend our goal for years now.

you can't win games if you keep conceding 2 goals each match.

SC has made some good clear cut quick decisions about the squad and is to be commended for raising spirits

BUT we have to be much tighter in defence and i wish SC every success in solving our biggest problem.

we haven't been 'tight' at the back since Cisse

Spot on. A quick look at the goals for and against tells you precisely where the problem lies.

We did though let's be fair! The amount of luck we had that season was bordering on the hilarious.

Still my best ever memories of supporting the club though! Makes it even harder to swallow facing up to how far we've fallen though

You can say that, and there's a lot of truth in it. You could also argue, though, that we missed automatic promotion by a fluke...

Give it a year or two ( who knows,possibly less?) and the likes of you will be saying the same about SC.

A lot of our fans are very fickle, we have seen how our managers get supported for a month or two and then the slating begins.

Dead right. Let's say we're a few points adrift at the bottom in March, which could happen, football being what it is. Do you honestly believe that the usual suspects won't have their knives out for Cotterill?

You manage to criticise the guy in about 99% of my posts despite the fact hes improved our football, improved the atmosphere and genuinely created a team that fights back.

You do seem to dislike him and not want him to do well.

Has he improved our results? If that was the bottom line for O'Driscoll, surely it should be the bottom line for Cotterill.

You can say that, and there's a lot of truth in it. You could also argue, though, that we missed automatic promotion by a fluke...

Yeah I see that. I still have arguments to this day with my dad. He claims if we'd have strengthened in the January properly we would have secured auto.

I maintain it was lose lose for Johnson. His group had done so incredibly well that justifying bringing in 4 or 5 new players in Jan would have been counter productive.

When we used to go behind under him, i normally would walk out early.

Granted i once missed Marlon Harewood (awesome signing) pull one back but we usually lost.

God, those days under him were bad.

As I said you are missing the point. We did come back a few times as opposed to never as was suggested.

We just have to realise at this point that any manager we can get is b&llo&cks. It's down to the players, really this isn't a difficult game if you have the players that can make a decision and keep a ball at their feet. And if these players need their egos massaging then they should get better and play in the premiership where they'd probably have their own ego coach. Rant over

If we were winning 2, drawing 1, and losing 1 every 4 games since day 1, then yes, there wouldn't be too much stopping us now.

Keep up the good work Steve, it's getting better all the time

Perfectly true - if we played all our games at home :facepalm:

Agreed on SOD. The football is better though, defibately

Defibately should be a new word... we like it a lot here in South East Asia.. sort of a mongrel of definitely but lets debate my opinion all the same...

So, on that point i shall open the floor because since I am not available to input a realistic opinion I should like to genuinely know how has the football style gone down compared to The S'OD ?

I can't believe people are still slagging him off. Just freakin move on already.

I wasn't slagging him off, although i think his time as manager was pretty dour overall. I just can't believe SO'D is still defended on here, he is gone now!

We have a new manager and there are clear improvements on the pitch, we had 4 golden chances in the 1st half yesterday and realistically you expect at least 2 goals from those. Based on player interviews, the camp looks a lot happier and more confident. I say support our new manager  

Indeed. But our away record doesn't look like that - I wish it did :(

Come on, we can do it!

We went into December 5 points from safety at one point, into January 2 points adrift. Latter half of a difficult month and we're still only 2 adrift but with plenty of games in hand and now plenty of teams above in touching distance. No need for a sad face!

Somewhat disingenuous to do a win ratio comparison, especially so early on, and when SO'D started effectively from scratch building a new team while Cotts has been able to take over the reins when the corner was being turned.. in my honest opinion.. before he arrived.

I'll go on to say that a comparison will probably never be able to be made fairly given what SO'D had already built and what he had cleared out. All of that donkey work, for my money, should never go unnoticed.

Somewhat disingenuous to do a win ratio comparison, especially so early on, and when SO'D started effectively from scratch building a new team while Cotts has been able to take over the reins when the corner was being turned.. in my honest opinion.. before he arrived.

I'll go on to say that a comparison will probably never be able to be made fairly given what SO'D had already built and what he had cleared out. All of that donkey work, for my money, should never go unnoticed.

Excellent point but, for some of the tiny minds on here, a manager has to be either the Messiah or the Devil Incarnate. My view is that Steve Cotterill will make good use of the players left to him by Sean O'Driscoll. Being a reasoned argument, that will not find favour with the more hysterical keyboard warriors, but I believe it to be the truth.

Archived