IGNORED

4 Wins Out Of 25 Games

where's the joy

Excellent point but, for some of the tiny minds on here, a manager has to be either the Messiah or the Devil Incarnate. My view is that Steve Cotterill will make good use of the players left to him by Sean O'Driscoll. Being a reasoned argument, that will not find favour with the more hysterical keyboard warriors, but I believe it to be the truth.

In which case that is something that your beloved SOD couldn't do !

Excellent point but, for some of the tiny minds on here, a manager has to be either the Messiah or the Devil Incarnate. My view is that Steve Cotterill will make good use of the players left to him by Sean O'Driscoll. Being a reasoned argument, that will not find favour with the more hysterical keyboard warriors, but I believe it to be the truth.

I 'liked' the post.. but my caveat on 'cotts' good use' is... I am not sure !!!.. at least not yet! I'd like to kick that view down into the fallow field of hedgehog row where the worms and slugs are busy furrowing... for answers.

I 'liked' the post.. but my caveat on 'cotts' good use' is... I am not sure !!!.. at least not yet! I'd like to kick that view down into the fallow field of hedgehog row where the worms and slugs are busy furrowing.

Burrowing, more like, now the hedgehogs are out and about!

I think Cotterill has done OK so far. Not brilliant, but taking over someone else's squad in mid-season is never easy. A long time to go before we can be sure. I just hope the usual suspects don't turn on him if things go wahoonie-shaped. A vain hope, I'm afraid :(

Woohoo! A win!

Yeah life was awesome under him wasn't it?

The football was great and the atmosphere was dynamic!

He was a miserable idiot who brought us drab crap football and I am thrilled he's gone.

He may have come across as miserable,but he's far far from an idiot.

There's a few on here who beat him hands down in the idiot stakes ;)

The 5 home wins on the trot you mean? I make it 2 wins, a draw and a loss at home under SC. Aint no stoppin us now

....and what about the next 11 months after that?

Yesterday....wasnt brilliant, but hats off to the guts and determination.

O'dismal....I can remember his interview saying he thought we did ok in the 3-0 home.defeat against Peterborough

Your entitled to your opinion. Whether long term he will be the answer...who knows, but short term....things are ten times better

....and what about the next 11 months after that?

Yesterday....wasnt brilliant, but hats off to the guts and determination.

O'dismal....I can remember his interview saying he thought we did ok in the 3-0 home.defeat against Peterborough

Your entitled to your opinion. Whether long term he will be the answer...who knows, but short term....things are ten times better

They're demonstrably not, but...you're entitled to your opinion.

Nothing. I'm sure he's performing to his full capabilities. But let's not purport this myth that somehow his reign so far has been spectacularly better than SODs beginning or end - it hasn't.

And as the man chosen by the board to improve things, so far he hasn't done that so questions should rightfully be asked of them.

I suggest you go follow another team.  Your continuous broken record postings and constant trolling are getting so boring now.  Clearly you would be much happier somewhere else, (as would we).

I think they are slightly better (with a more positive spirit around the club) but seeing as SOD's last 8 games against Cotteril's first 8 are similar, how can things possibly be ten times better?

He means that he can understand Cotterill's quotes. Obviously, things are not ten times better - in terms of results, they are much the same. But, as I've said repeatedly :grr: it's too soon to tell. FFS can people show a little patience? I've a horrible feeling that those talking rowlocks about "ten times better" will be calling for Cotterill's head in three month's time :(

I think they are slightly better (with a more positive spirit around the club) but seeing as SOD's last 8 games against Cotteril's first 8 are similar, how can things possibly be ten times better?

things are better...its as simple as that.

I didnt want Cotterill as our.manager....but compared to the utter garbage Odriscoll dished up....its.improved a lot.

I understand everyone is entitled to an opinion....and I normally respect that, but anyone who thinks we were turning a corner with Odriscoll in charge...is clueless.

I didnt want Cotterill as our.manager....but compared to the utter garbage Odriscoll dished up....its.improved a lot.

I understand everyone is entitled to an opinion....and I normally respect that, but anyone who thinks we were turning a corner with Odriscoll in charge...is clueless.

Ten times better?

What's the point of slagging a manger off when he's been gone for a couple of months now? It's not going to make a difference to anything happening now. And if you are going to then at least use facts and not come up with carp from choosing the results or whatever your agenda.

SOD did things wrong but he also did some things right. He made a couple of bad signings but a couple of very good signings, so why don't we all move on from SOD and get behind our new manager, after all every manager is going to do their best and they are managing the club we support

What's the point of slagging a manger off when he's been gone for a couple of months now? It's not going to make a difference to anything happening now. And if you are going to then at least use facts and not come up with carp from choosing the results or whatever your agenda.

SOD did things wrong but he also did some things right. He made a couple of bad signings but a couple of very good signings, so why don't we all move on from SOD and get behind our new manager, after all every manager is going to do their best and they are managing the club we support

Like 3 wins in 27?

Get used to it. People still slag off Pulis and he's been gone for years. The poor football under Pulis means he'll be an object of ridicule and derision from a lot of City fans, for a very long time.

The dross and more importantly, the very poor set of results under SOD means he'll fall into that Pulis category.

The next time someone starts one of those 'worst ever manager' types threads, these 2 will be pretty near the top.

But as I said results were pretty much the same (in terms of points) in O'Driscoll's last 8 games as Cotteril's first 8. So presumably that means Cotteril isn't doing that well then?

But as I said results were pretty much the same (in terms of points) in O'Driscoll's last 8 games as Cotteril's first 8. So presumably that means Cotteril isn't doing that well then?

For me, the players seem to have a lot more about them under Cotterill.  Certainly a lot more belief and passion, that's for sure. 

2-0 down yesterday against a good, solid league one outfit....sorry, but there is no way an O'Dismall team would have came back from that.  I can honestly say, in the 18 years of having a season ticket...under ODriscoll it was the worst I have seen.

Maybe I was a bit OTT with my ten times better comment.....but its definitely better in my eyes. There is still so much work to do but progress is progress....no matter how small, and that's all I have ever asked for as a fan.  Very slowly, you can already sense a bit more unity coming back into the club and the fans.....and with this, will come results.

We have a good chance of staying up with Cotterill

For me, the players seem to have a lot more about them under Cotterill.  Certainly a lot more belief and passion, that's for sure. 

2-0 down yesterday against a good, solid league one outfit....sorry, but there is no way an O'Dismall team would have came back from that.  I can honestly say, in the 18 years of having a season ticket...under ODriscoll it was the worst I have seen.

Maybe I was a bit OTT with my ten times better comment.....but its definitely better in my eyes. There is still so much work to do but progress is progress....no matter how small, and that's all I have ever asked for as a fan.  Very slowly, you can already sense a bit more unity coming back into the club and the fans.....and with this, will come results.

I think we would have/will stay/ed up with either in charge myself but the main thing was SOD was a negative character whereas SC is much more upbeat.

Other than that I haven't seen massive differences. As someone said, we drew 2-2 at MK Dons earlier on in the season and there wasn't that much difference in performance (ie both games were fairly close and teams fairly matched-ish).

Get used to it. People still slag off Pulis and he's been gone for years. The poor football under Pulis means he'll be an object of ridicule and derision from a lot of City fans, for a very long time.

The dross and more importantly, the very poor set of results under SOD means he'll fall into that Pulis category.

The next time someone starts one of those 'worst ever manager' types threads, these 2 will be pretty near the top.

I can't remember the time under pulis so I can't comment on that, but under sod not all of the performances were as bad as is made out by some, and imo he's made some good signings. I thought we were turning the corner when sod was sacked but so far it seems SC can motivate the players better

I should hope so to. He's going to have 28 games to do it and judging by the signings made has a decent amount of cash/wages to strengthen us in this window. He took over a team that wasn't on a bad run of form by any means, taking the last 7/8 games or so. All season it's been the same story, we haven't been outclassed by anyone (bar Posh) but have made silly defensive errors that have cost us and that is currently exactly the same under SC.

SC has had 6 league games (feels like he's had more).

If you look at SODs last 6 league games, the record is exactly the same;

Won 2

Drew 3

Lost 1

For 10

Against 7

Points 9

(the PNE game was between managers under Pembertons management)

Not sure what that means other than SC has carried on the decent form that SOD left.

Interesting similarities there Cynic and somewhat underlines the fact that, given continued and similar 'good' form, we may end up getting relegated; we have not budged from the relegation zone in that time have we? In short we probably need to improve that form to stay up.

Yes, but the bad news is we only have 9 games left at home and 12 are away from home including the current top 3 - Brentford, Orient and Wolves.

Worrying times, we really cannot afford to drop many more points at home.

Absolutely correct, picking up only 8 points from a possible 30 at home under SOD has left us in a bit of a pickle.

Archived